1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] First Look: Georgia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 9, 2018.

1. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

Very awesome, first off - the music is awesome. I can't wait to hear it all.

The UU having a bonus on hill terrain AND bonus movement on hill terrain is big, makes me thing of Aztec Jaguar Warriors in Civ V. The reliance on envoys is very unique I feel, you'll want to ally with CS's very far and wide so you can open your enemy to a Protectorate war, gaining a glut of faith and envoys. The walls improvement is very unique as well, you're going to want to build walls in all of your cities simply for the UB and settle in hills for your UU - Georgia will be a very difficult civ to beat after the medieval era.

evanaurora, Thormodr, Siptah and 2 others like this.
  2. Blackwolf803

Blackwolf803 Chieftain

Very underwhelming abilities, 3 faith and lower cost is not a real incentive for me to build those rennaissance walls, and the 100% faith boost hinges on the fact that she declares a protectorate war, something which I have only done once since release... Golden age bonus looks interesting though, possibly makes her good at offensive loyalty flipping by chaining golden ages.

3. Eric Guimarães

Eric Guimarães Chieftain

omg guys, white people can have tanned skin too:gripe:

4. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

It’s a bit hard to describe. The Caucasus people look very distinct in my book, but maybe that’s because I’ve encountered plenty of them in my life.

5. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Omg, you mentioned me. And even in the same sentence as the holy prophet! Such honour. :bowdown:

6. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

Is it me, on the natural wonder we see in the FL is five tiles wide?

Tiger Genocide likes this.
  7. WorldWarIV

WorldWarIV Captain

I'm trying to like this civ but it's just not happening.

craney1987 likes this.
  8. nitedemon

nitedemon Warlord

The ability is so weird, I might be wrong but is this the only Civ that would have zero unique anything active in the ancient era ? As in, you won’t be in golden age until at least classical, and you don’t really get any bonus points for golden age. Suzerain is hard to achieved in the beginning, even protectorate CB comes earlier, it will be so hard to trigger. So it just became yet another civ that needs religion but doesn’t have bonus in getting one (i guess extra gold age dedicating is one bonus but as i said earlier she doesn’t really have bonus in getting a gold age). And renaissance wall is a joke, no ? How should one play this civ ? Baffling ...

Japper007 likes this.
  9. ArallanKing

ArallanKing Warlord

But in all of depictions of her, she looks very pale

DeutschDachs, conorbebe and Guandao like this.
  10. Liufeng

Liufeng A man of his time

Again, an excellent article, as you always do !

bite likes this.
  11. Gabhar

Gabhar Warlord

Faith and religion bonuses are not that great without an easier way to found one so that's a little disappointing. The UU is very nice though. Model wise her skin tone should definitely be paler.

12. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Excellent write-up, thanks :).

Well she's still a nice addition to the game, even if her civ isn't the most exciting on paper.

bite likes this.
  13. Republic of San Montuoso

It's what it seemed to be. So, basically, when Tamar enter a Golden Age, even is she wants to, she cannot go down :D

You need to have a religion, yes. But not necessarely a religion you have found. It's specified that you need to have a majority religion, not a founded religion. So, supposed Saladin stole the only prophet and propage Islam to Georgia, despite the fact that this would be preposterous, well you'll benefit the unique bonus for Envoys as well.

14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Though from the ones I've seen, they're all based on the same original painting. And "Royal Portraits" or whatever seem to tend to portray people how they imagine they look not how they do look.

IDK, maybe I'm just not that picky but I think she looks good the way it is.

evanaurora, nzcamel and seancolorado like this.
  15. Zelda1983

Zelda1983 Warlord

Yes she looks great and her Civ sounds good.

16. kryat

kryat King

Something mildly unclear: Do you need to have declared a protectorate war to get the envoy bonus? I don’t think so, but the lack of an endif makes parsing difficult.

17. Republic of San Montuoso

I just thinked about something : with her bonuses, Tamar would not be able (or with great difficulty) to go from a golden age to a dark age. Only option, maybe, would be to go from NA to DA.
    So it would be difficult for Tamar to go for heroic ages, wouldn't it? I mean, the only thing they said to justify the Dark Age mechanic was to be able to go to Heroic Ages, but it appears that it would be something really difficult for Tamar (well, more difficult than for other civs).

And I was expecting something different for the Ages mechanics. Don't get me wrong, it really good, I guess, but the the "very interresting way" the devs talked about...

Stringer1313 likes this.
  18. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

meh.

Japper007 and nzcamel like this.
  19. DeepKing

DeepKing Warlord

With her Golden Age bonus, I'd think she'd be a relative threat at any point after the Ancient Era - where you'd have to assume she's got an extra ability (or whatever the specific bonus is)

20. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

The golden age bonus is read weirdly, but basically when you enter a golden age, it seems that you get the "normal age" bonus for that. So that should help get a larger era score to chain golden ages together. Obviously the big achievement with her will be to see how many golden ages you can chain together. If she can get a dark age, though, and chain that into a heroic age, that would be a pretty freaking amazing heroic age...