1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] First Look: Georgia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The Khevsureti look just like they do in the trailer, awesome.

Other than the UA, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Of note: both unique buildings are now accounted for. The three remaining civs have two unique improvements and a unique district between them.

2. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Though I have to admit, after recent leaders the accusations of "tanwashing" make me laugh a little

TheMarshmallowBear and Guandao like this.
  3. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Overall I expected something more complex in unique way to interact with Golden ages, but having Normal age dedication could be quite cool.
    Bonus envoys to city-states which share major religion and bonus faith from protectorate wars means you can easily keep close ring of city-states under control and have to protect them. This part affects the city-state strategy significantly.
    Unique Renaissance walls are generally not interesting, unless they are significantly cheaper. Also we don't know whether walls have any additional effects in R&F, for example to affect Loyalty.

I believe the paintings, especially religious ones are a bit far from true. Knowing some people from Caucasian region, including Georgians, I could say they have quite different set of skin tones and the Civ6 Tamar is surely within range.

evanaurora, Siptah, Japper007 and 3 others like this.
  4. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

I feel bad saying this, but I do kinda feel like she should probably be a tiny bit lighter, yeah. Otherwise she seems fine.

The Civ bonuses aren't really doing a whole lot for me regardless though, but I'm still happy to see a cool new Civ.

5. Gabhar

Gabhar Warlord

Paintings aside, Georgian people themselves (from my admittedly limited experience) tend to be on the pale side so the tanned skin seems a bit arbitrary.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    DeutschDachs likes this.
  6. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

It’s not all about the skin tone. They might have overdone a bit in this regard, but the overall facial features check out. Compare her and Jadwiga.

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

The points required to get into a normal/golden age is dependant on the points you have at the start of your current age, so going from a golden age into a dark age is like going from a normal age into a dark age with another civ. However, typically it's hard to get into multiple golden ages in a row because you will have a source of era points less, but Tamar doesn't have this, so if you manage to keep a flow of era points going, you might even be able to string 7 golden ages together... I bet that's also the Georgia specific achievement.

8. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

updated the first post with the civ bonuses, will update the features thread in a moment

9. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

They seriously expect you to build all 3 walls (Ancient, Medieval and the unique one) to get 3 faith? Are they having a laugh at Firaxis?

10. Duckfromstatefarm

Duckfromstatefarm Warlord

I can now understand why Australia's color change, because Georgia has White and Orange, the same colors Australia once had but flipped the other way.

Guandao likes this.
  11. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

Finally!!!! #FromMemetoCiv #TamarofGeorgiaConfirmed!!!

Although.... I'm kind of disappointed that the abilities are middle-of-the-road. The UU is very useful when you want to attack through hills. The envoy part of the LUA is very powerful... if you have the Diplomatic League, and when the first time that you've met a city-state they already have your religion.

The UA.... I just want to be sure: Dedications can be in Normal Ages as well as Golden Ages? It seems so when you read the UA description.

It's a good civ, not a great one, but... the memes! They come true!

Hawke9, Guandao, conorbebe and 2 others like this.
  12. Spaceturtle

Spaceturtle Chieftain

Oh my God...

They did it...

CivLuvah likes this.
  13. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Remember that you also get tourism from walls now (and they are cheaper with the right policy and monarchy).

14. Eric Guimarães

Eric Guimarães Chieftain

Firaxis is not tanwashing civilizations (if that's the concern of some of you)...You can clearly see in the video that all her units are of the european ethnic variation...:gripe:

Japper007 likes this.
  15. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Bit underwhelmed of this civ`s unique traits. Walls are only somewhat usefull for half of your cities. From my experience at least. (if you are a human player)
    Faith bonus without advantage to found a religion is not that great.

Japper007 and MisterBoomBoom like this.
  16. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

After all the hype and expectation, unfortunately, I am also underwhelmed. It definitely won't be the first civ I will play, but I will play it soon if only to see how Golden Ages flow.

Edit: I am actually looking forward to how mods improve her. That can be exciting.

Guandao and RohirrimElf like this.
  17. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

I hope they shift Protectorate War CB back to the ancient era. Why would a CS want to ally with me if I can't help defend it?

evanaurora likes this.
  18. conorbebe

conorbebe King

Confirmed!

She’s much more curvy than I would have expected, and her skin seems too dark for a person from that region, but I’m definitely digging her crown and clothing. I was worried Tamar was going to end up nothing like she does in her paintings.

As for the civ itself, the UU looks pretty fun, and it’s nice to a see our first unique wall infrastructure, even if it is a little underwhelming. Her LA sounds quite interesting as well. We’ll have to see how good the UA ends up being though. If this is the female leader who interacts with the ages system that was talked about, it’s a little underwhelming.

I’d also agree that it would make more sense to have the UA and LA swapped.

Guandao and Ondolindë like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I'm guessing the GAs are stronger than we think

20. Anno

Anno Chieftain

I think it's pretty hard to judge how good this Civ is because we have no first hand experience with how powerful more frequent Golden Ages/avoiding Dark Ages will be. If that ends up being very powerful then maybe she will be, too.