1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] First Look: Georgia

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 9, 2018.

1. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I hope so. Not sure how this is going to work. GA for so far i have seen do have bonusses regarding to faith so it could potentially get crazy good. I do know firaxis will balance weaker civs at some point. So we will see how this plays out in the future.
    Will play with Georgia at some point but it wont be the top half of new civs. (not because of regarding strenght of civ but more by appeal of unique traiths)

2. Weraptor

Weraptor King

So, what's the next meme civ going to be?

Gabhar and Guandao like this.
  3. Nev_ti

Nev_ti Chieftain

wow! i like her! Any chance of more female leaders?

4. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

This is extraordinary. We must be careful what we meme for now... It may become reality :)

So how soon there will be a Civet luxury resource, giving extra amenities? :D

Ivan Hunger and Guandao like this.
  5. Arianrhod

Arianrhod Warlord

I don't think anyone even brought up the units until now, though? People criticizing Tamar are mostly only interested in Tamar herself, and even then, the only person in this thread who has used that term is on your side.

I'm not sure why you're being so defensive.

Guandao likes this.
  6. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

We just need to make a Seondeok-style thread / subreddit

"What if Tamar looks more Caucasian"

perhaps they'll make her less of Pakistani and more of Georgian

7. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

I'm just going to keep this as a little memento form the night

Spoiler :

Hawke9, sonicmyst, kryat and 7 others like this.
  8. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

Georgia definitely lacks early game bonuses- the earliest the civ benefit can provide you a bonus is if it enables you to earn a medieval golden era after a classical one. They aren't exactly unique in this, though. France for instance, gets nothing but their diplomatic access bonus until the midgame, and Spain and England only get early game bonuses if they're lucky enough to start near a continent border.

Going from a golden age to a dark age won't be impossible as Georgia), it will be more or less the same as going from a normal age to a dark age (their extra dedication bonus in a golden age is equivalent to the one anyone else receives in a normal or dark age).
    I am intrigued by the possibility of heroic ages for Georgia. If they receive both bonuses for all three dedications, they seem almost guaranteed to follow a heroic age with a second golden age.

9. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

It depends. Renaissance walls have tourism bonus with Conservation, putting Faith on top makes them quite interesting if they are cheap.

10. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

So, it appears she is not the blurry portrait from the livestream.

Hawke9, Inawordyes, Siptah and 7 others like this.
  11. Duuk

Duuk Doom-Sayer Supporter

I think some of you must play a different game than I do. Ignores hill movement penalties, get bonuses to combat on hills, has bonus faith. This civ screams "theocracy conquest is fun" to me.

evanaurora, Siptah and bite like this.
  12. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

It won't necessarily be any harder to earn a Dark Age if you wanted to as Tamar.

Here are two ways how:
    First, as people have mentioned, she has no bonus to help get into a Golden Age at the start. You could start off the game and go from Normal->Dark->Heroic->Golden...

Second, in a Golden Age she will select one Dedication: that Dedication gives her both the Golden Age bonus and the Normal Age Era Score boosters for that dedication. Again, if for some reason you wanted to go Normal->Golden->Dark->Heroic the key would be to pick a Golden Age Dedication where you don't actually plan on using the Normal Age Era Score boosters.

For example from the Video, the Monumentality Golden Age bonus is all about Builders and Settlers, while the Normal Age boost is Era Score reward for building Districts. They are both bonuses for peaceful play, but you could easily benefit from the GA bonus and still make sure to avoid the NA bonus if you wanted to. Hic Sunt Dracones is similar, where you could use the GA bonus and mostly avoid the NA Era Score boost.

TheSpaceCowboy and CivLuvah like this.
  13. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Civ ability is very situational. You have to find an enemy civ attacking your suzerain city state to get the bonus.

Japper007 and Tiger Genocide like this.
  14. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Tamar looks really cool! but she doesn't really match any of the artwork I've seen for her

Her unique abilities are all kind of underwhelming aside from the golden age boost... Her walls require all walls build beforehand. I've never declared a protectorate war in all my games... Swordsman is alright.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes, it makes me think the UA must be very strong if everything else is lackluster by comparison.

CPWimmer and CivLuvah like this.
  16. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Worth staying up for? :lol:

Guandao, Leyrann and bite like this.
  17. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Nope, you could just spread your Religion to city-states and utilize the other part of the ability.

18. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

She looks darker than I expected but still awesome.

Like others I'm a bit underwhelmed by the uniques. I thought the leader who interacts with the golden age mechanics would have a bit more to offer on that score. I get that they wanted her to be an all-rounder but unless the GA thing is crazy powerful she seems a bit underwhelming. But still, the Queen of Meme is a reality! It's going to be great to have her in the game.

I still feel like we are missing a cultural powerhouse Civ this expansion. Inca and/or Italy, perhaps?

sonicmyst likes this.
  19. Tiger Genocide

Tiger Genocide Prince

My first thoughts gameplay wise is that she will be a slightly better version of what Spain should have been. I think a good combination of domination and religion victory would make the most sense with her. Turtling/Defensive games for a non-aggressive culture victory might be pretty good with the stronger walls, but you still need to be aggressive enough to plop almost 6-10 cities early, and use those walls to keep civs like Sumeria off you.

Overall this civ is probably T4 or T3 at best, only because of the strong early warrior could be a nice boost in a mid to late classical war on a neighbor.

20. ChocolateShake

ChocolateShake Prince

I want to say Zenobia would be that leader, but I think Dido is the more likely choice. Of course there are other possibilities still, I just think those are the most likely.