First Look: Macedon with Alex the Great

Did someone figure out already what happens with war weariness when Alexander is at war with Gandhi?

I'll probably find out soon. Playing Alexander, started in the middle of a Pangaea map with 20 civs (more cities to conquer) and I'm conquering by moving my army in a circle around my capital, Gandhi is three civs away as far as I am aware, and I am already at war with both of those two in between. Also, he had the balls to build a city right next to my capital (though I do have to admit I haven't built a single Settler myself...).

I'll probably find out soon. Playing Alexander, started in the middle of a Pangaea map with 20 civs (more cities to conquer) and I'm conquering by moving my army in a circle around my capital, Gandhi is three civs away as far as I am aware, and I am already at war with both of those two in between. Also, he had the balls to build a city right next to my capital (though I do have to admit I haven't built a single Settler myself...).

Forward settling that close is always asking for it no matter how nice you are lol

It might be the same as the average civ waging war against another average civ.
Yes, that is one possibility. Or he gets no warmonger weariness at all or he gets what all others get against Gandhi. I think that no penalty at all is the most likely scenario. But I'm waiting on confirmation from someone who is able to play with Alex (I am, like you, still waiting for the mac release).

I'd be shocked if it were anything but no war weariness. Ghandi's trait double war weariness against him - if you're not getting war weariness then there's nothing to double.

Alex is really annoying to share a map with.

Someone declares war on you: "You're cool!"
You make peace: "I hate your guts!"

Your relationship with him see-saws up and down the whole game.

Top Bottom