1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: Sumeria

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hutchy27, Sep 26, 2016.

1. fmm

fmm Chieftain

Yes, this was my interpretation too.

2. esoba

esoba Chieftain

I'm actually more worried about Sumeria and Rome. That Roman expansion drive and Sumeria's bonus to joining in...

3. Seek

Seek Chieftain Supporter

Good catch, thanks!

4. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Warlord

It's all about early game. Even barbarian focus fits here. The only really long-term bonus is Ziggurat and it's strong.

We don't know whether the bonus works backward, but in general it looks like this. You have early access to Joint War and AI favors Joint Wars with you, so you could have some nice conquest.

As with other Sumer bonuses, the usefulness of it decreases later, after other civs gain access to joint wars too and war becomes less viable diplomatic solution.

5. shyPiano

shyPiano Chieftain

It's worse than Sweden's UA - at least Sweden got +10% Great People generation per DoF. Here Gilgamesh gets nothing. Earlier Joint Wars, actually, but whatever, that doesn't seem that big of a bonus.

But I don't feel Gilgamesh as an AI will be aggressive - the video did claim he will be loyal to his friends and loves to help out.

6. nitedemon

nitedemon Chieftain

Isn't Enkidu the "boyfriend" of Gilgamesh? So Both UA and LUA are about Gilgamesh?

Edit: oops just realized "Adventure of Enkidu" IS the LUA...

7. Sansa_Stark

Sansa_Stark Chieftain

I think its the other way around. Science always, and culture if adjacent to a river.

So really a early science civ finally. We have to wait to find out how effectively can you use this Ziggurats, since its early use will slow down growth (or at least would, in Civ 5 world).

That joint war ability looks confusing. Is is clear whether the other party shares Sumeria's experience and pillages too? And I also didn't get how experience is shared... So if some unit of Sumeria's ally gains experience, closest unit belonging to Sumeria gets it too?

8. Seek

Seek Chieftain Supporter

The video specifically says "Sumeria shares .." which implies that it is unidirectional.

9. Tinker

Tinker Chieftain

Is that war cart being pulled by donkeys?

10. Bonci

Bonci Chieftain

I don't like this representation of Sumeria...it doesn't make much sense from an historical point of view.
    But I like that they feel very unique, albeit in the wrong way :\

11. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Chieftain

The video also seems to imply that Sumeria gets access to the Joint War mechanic earlier than the other civs (unless they also get Joint War with Foreign Trade).

12. Scaramanga

Scaramanga Brickhead

I hope it goes both ways. I wouldn't want to be his "bro" if he got all the benefits and I didn't.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's not my jam, but it's pretty cool.

14. Tinker

Tinker Chieftain

Of course Sumeria gets rewards shared by his ally their way, too. They're not going to make a UA which only benefits the other party.

15. Seek

Seek Chieftain Supporter

Oi, I'm full of fail this morning.:sad: Thanks for the correction.:king:

16. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes. Sumeria utilized Ass to pull carts into battle before horses were tame enough for the job.

17. wildlumberjack

wildlumberjack Chieftain

Adventure Time (with Enkidu),
    C'mon grab your friends,
    We're going to very
    distant lands. With
    Gilgamesh the God and
    Ziggurat the Building,
    The fun will never
    end, it's Adventure Time!

18. Magil

Magil Monarch

Something to consider: in all the streams and videos we've seen spearmen in the barb camps, which makes the war carts good for clearing them. Which ties into Epic Quest nicely.

19. Balkans

Balkans Chieftain

Gilgamesh was a gym rat.

20. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Wow! Gilgamesh looks like the Mesopotamian version of Heracles! Did Sumerian kings actually even dress like he does in the video?

Seems like both the civ ability and leader ability are based on the Epic of Gilgamesh. I feel like Sumer will be a one leader civ then. No civ ability that is specific to the Sumerian civilization...

War-Cart seems like a Generic name for a unit, they are using Varu instead of War Elephant for the Indians, why not research the Sumerian name for a chariot and use that?