1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

First Look: Sumeria

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Hutchy27, Sep 26, 2016.

1. ChloePech

ChloePech Chieftain

-declares joint war with norway-

Anyway, do we know what bonuses goody huts give this time around? Could be a very powerful ability, especially since the war... box on wheels seems effective for clearing camps

2. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Chieftain

I thought it's "If next to a river: grants science and culture"
    So it always grants both but must be build next to a river. :confused:

3. Krocovisk

Krocovisk Chieftain

since when the color of Egypt changed?

4. Magil

Magil Monarch

I believe we've seen free scouts, Eurekas, Inspirations, and relics at least.

5. Sporally

Sporally Chieftain

Could someone please explain the pillaging in this video? When the city is captured you see the improvements getting pillage along with some building in the district. I don't think this is a UA or LUA as nothing was mentioned in the video so is this a general pillaging rule that's different than that of Civ5?

I guess this is the explanation, and it makes the UA quite good I think. Of course you need to focus on the joint wars, but once you got those going receiving the XP (and pillage rewards) seem very good. It's hard to say your easy and how many joint wars you'll have but I will try and get them going and then snipe out all the cities I want or don't want my ally to have ;)

6. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Chieftain

So basically Gilgamesh's unique unit is Hanukkah Harry

On Moische! On Herschel! On Schlomo! :D

7. qadams

qadams Bohemian

The actual quote from the video is: "It provides science as well as culture when it's adjacent to a river." That phrasing is ambiguous, unfortunately, but I think it probably does mean you always get science from a Ziggurat, with culture being conditional.

8. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Chieftain

"If" suggests that it can be built not next to a river too. There's a shot in the video of a zig that might be landlocked. Hard to tell because it's at the bottom of the screen.

9. Hajee

Hajee Chieftain

Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river.

don't get the Warmonger penalty when you declare war on anyone at war with your allies for the whole game (Unique to Gilgamesh)

10. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Chieftain

You could do that. But than you'd get neither science nor culture.

can be

"It provides (science as well as culture) when it's adjacent to a river." OR
    "It provides science as well as (culture when it's adjacent to a river)."

11. dturtle1

dturtle1 Chieftain

That beard looks amazing, technically speaking not so much on the Pericles epicness scale :)

Dont mind the epic quest as a mechanic, regardless of Historical accuracy. Sounds amazing for those 4 Player but Standard Size Map games :)
    First really Scientific Civ..... yay :)
    the LUA is a bit weird, it has to go both ways. Also it has to be equivalent of, rather than shared. Why would they share if they could just get full rewards separate.... idk Maybe it is only for the friend which is weird because there is no benefit for Sumer?? One thing we may be missing, with A.I anyways, is the diplomacy benefit this brings. Surely the A.I would take this huge boost they are getting from joint wars into consideration. so you are more likely to get joint wars accepted in Diplomacy. Competitive MP is a total loss though, unless Sumer is supposed to be the helper in 4 man teams...idk Also, it depends largely on the A.I which is troublesome to say the least. I'll say one thing :confused:ing as all heck.

That is a great ringlet beard tho ;)

12. fmm

fmm Chieftain

That makes no sense. They wouldn't let you build an improvement that does nothing.

13. Hajee

Hajee Chieftain

you on any none hill tile and does not need to be next to river: Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river

14. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Chieftain

What a nice use of a builder charge...

Anyway, from Pete Murray on reddit about the Ziggurat and leader ability

from FXS_PeteMurray via /r/civ sent 4 minutes ago
    show parent
    You are correct. Science all the time, culture when it's next to the river.
    No, it's a one-way deal (or at least it was the last time I checked).

15. Ivan Hunger

Ivan Hunger Chieftain

Most Sumerian fashion magazines were lost during the paper drive, so it's hard to say.

16. Hajee

Hajee Chieftain

Add this too: don't get the Warmonger penalty when you declare war on anyone at war with your allies, Unique to Gilgamesh

17. Xur

Xur Chieftain

Yea, I'm never gonna play as this dude :) No matter how friendly my ally is, I wouldn't want to give him free XP - sooner or later my ally will be my enemy.

18. footslogger

footslogger Chieftain

Assuming Sumeria benefits from the pillaging and experience of allied units, then there's going to be a lot of manoeuvring to make sure Sumerian units are within 5 hexes. Will keep the Sumeria player on his toes.

Edit: looks like Sumeria doesn't get these benefits. Hmm...

19. h0nk0815

h0nk0815 Chieftain

That's why I used the word "must" ;)

20. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

I am seeing a game where Aztec and Sumeria are both racing towards a barb camp.