First screenshot from Civ VI!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it!! LOL!

Did anyone else get this warning trying to go to page 6 of this thread? My browser threw this warning:

Warning: Visiting this site may harm your computer!
The website at forums.civfanatics.com contains elements from the site www.tronguy.net, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.
For detailed information about the problems with these elements, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for www.tronguy.net.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from harmful software online.
I understand that visiting this site may harm my computer.
Nope. Sounds like you might have some separate spyware issues going on though, dude.

Judging by this leaked conceptual diplo screenshot (below), the new leader of China is gonna be Wanli Emperor from the Ming dynasty. I think it's a decent choice. But haters will surely find this to be yet another reason to whine.

As with Civ5, leaders are speaking in their native tongues again, which is a good thing in my opinion.

/discuss

Spoiler :

$9.99 start a golden age:lol::goodjob:

This game looks stupid. One unit per tile and no religion? This game is an insult to the Civ series. I want my O's to be able to share a tile with an X or I'm not buying for even 99 cents.

Guys! Have you preordered?

For an extra amount of only $15 (*), people who preorder Civ6 will receive:

- A superb and, should I say, organic wallpaper which appears to be a random screenshot from the game.

- Exclusive access to the first released DLC for Civ6, consisting of a new cool interface button. It doesn’t do anything but it’s shiny and very organic-looking. According to a secret inteview with Lead Designer John Seaman, they shall - in a distant future when other issues will have been adressed (**) - make the new button clickable. It still won’t do anything, but they think that "Civ6 players will greatly enjoy this enhancement".

- Also a map called ‘Map’.

All this for the D2B (Direct 2 Bin) version only. Other versions may confusingly differ.

(*) Prices may vary depending on the executives' mood and your location – screw you, Koaleans or whatever you like to call yourselves.

(**) Non-binding sentence.

- Also a map called ‘Map’.

That hit the funny spot :lol:....tres drole ....:thumbsup:

I really hope it'll have deserts,tundra and jungles right next to each other for added realism....:mischief:

Nope. Sounds like you might have some separate spyware issues going on though, dude.

No he would have been using Chrome like I was and got the same warning. Page 6 has a picture of the tron guy and Google's threat detection has decided that the site it's from is malicious. Someone at that site should sort out the issue.

Some of you are probably a little jaded with CIV VI already...but worry not. Here's a tried and testing method of upping the difficulty level, bringing back the strategy and also the oh so important immersion factor.

While attempting to conquer another ai, you must drink a pack of beer from that country. This not only adds to the strategy (working out which supermarkets you need to visit beforehand), and planning your attack accordingly, it also induces that immersion feeling. It's easy to imagine yourself soaking up the aromas of medieval Frankfurt, having drunk a dozen strong German beers and not got up for a toilet break.

It also curbs over zealous warmongering, and ups the difficulty level, as the player will often have passed out while attempting to conquer his third successive nation.

Truly a new way to bring back that old CIV magic...........

N.B. This isn't entirely in jest, I may have attempted a similar strategy with CIV IV :mischief:

:lol: :lol: In that case I want Belgium in!

I'll be heading for England then. But I'll guess it would be a better strategy to steamroll Germany first, otherwise I wouldn't feel the taste of their lager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom