First turn 'You have been defeated!' problem; how to get around it?

Arckon

Prince
I take a copy of the 1000AD scenario, modify it, and then I get the 'You have been defeated' message when I load it to play on the first turn.

It shows no map, no cities, nothing in any of the bars or windows.

Seems no matter what I do, I keep getting this result on the first turn.

I am probably doing some simple mistake that most everyone here knows how to avoid, but I would really appreciate it if someone could share this with me.

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

I've had some very similar results trying to copy and modify other earth maps to certain mods. I've even seen some of them where the civ start location is not even there (in the WBS under beginPlayer), there is just a settler and warrior placed somewhere in the map. That may be part of the problem. Not sure though, because I've copied several of them without any problems, yet others I get the dreaded "you have been defeated" even though I know for a fact I had given every civ a start location(warrior and settler, and an X,Y civ start location). its werid

Shiggs

Thank you for taking te time to respond.

As it keps happening, I guess I am going to give up. Too many hours spent to risk them wasted on this recurring bug.

The problem could be different. If you have placed once a city for a civ in WB you can't go back to the early "only settler" state. If you do so you will be defeated. Could that be the problem here?

The problem could be different. If you have placed once a city for a civ in WB you can't go back to the early "only settler" state. If you do so you will be defeated. Could that be the problem here?

Could be.

What defines the 'settler only' state?

I'm getting this problem, too. I have two cities, a settler, a warrior, so it's not that. Plus, I'm playing on complete kills. It's something else...

Top Bottom