• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Fix-It List

well, I just got the new grafics card and installed it... yet the same problem occures, my mom suggested that it could be the memory........ I just don't know anymore...

the problem with hard reboots is that it is very likely that some hardware problem is the root cause. Even if it only happens with one piece of software - if e.g. you have one fault memory address in your graphics card or RAM and it happens so that only this game uses that address it will only crash with this game, yet it is ultimately a hardware problem. Diagnosing this though short of changing every bit of hardware one by one is extremely difficult :(
you should definitely run some sort of memory testing software just to check whether its something that common programs could cause as well - your computer's BIOS should be equipped with a memory check...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

sorry if this has been covered before, but i am anxious to start playing Civ 4.

I've just installed it, but when i start up civ4 it says "Emulation/ DVD Writer software found. Please disable and restart"

I can assure you i have no such software. Is there a patch/ fix that gets round this?

Many Thanks

Hi, I am having problems with my game loading. I just installed the demo and it works perfect but the real game will not load. I did the logging and looked at it and it does not show the same stuff as on the help page. Does anyone know what I can do?

@Chemical-mix:
this error is unknown to me since Civ4 normally uses a different error to tell you the same thing - what operating system are you using and what version of the game did you get (Civ4, Gold, Complete, digital etc...)?
Normally this means that there is some sort of digital drive running, but it might be that it sees a second drive as such or something like this - how many cd/dvd drives do you have?

@whoisrhino:
could you specify what you did with the logging?

@both:

Welcome to Civfanatics :band: :) :) :band:

I enabled logging so I could see if there was a specific problem during the initialization/startup of the game. I have 1.7.4 patch installed. Do I have to do something with pitboss at all?

[3444.640] DBG: CIV Init
[3444.640] VERSION: App: C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PitBoss.exe
[3444.640] VERSION: Build: Wed May 16 22:42:18 2007
[3444.640] VERSION: 1.7.4.0
[3444.671] VERSION: Mod Loaded: none
[3444.796] DBG: FILE Cat Init
[3452.265] DBG: Using XML cache
[3452.625] DBG: Game Init
[3452.640] DBG: Multiplayer Init BEGIN
[3453.031] DBG: Multiplayer Init END
[3453.062] DBG: Audio Init
[3453.062] DBG: ArtFileMgr Init
[3453.062] DBG: Python Init
[3531.281] ERR: failed initializing game (InitGame)

ok what did you do to enable logging? did you set all items with log in their name to 1?
if so please post the complete content of my games\sid meier's civilization 4\logs as a zip file here. You can attach files to a post by clicking on go advanced and then on manage attachments.

yeah thats what i meant i did.... all the ones for logging were changed to 1 to be on, except the one for over writing logs

Top Bottom