[FIXED] Minutemen Get No Benefit From Roads

TBB

Chieftain
It might be a design choice but I can't imagine why on Earth the devs would think that Minutemen didn't historically, or for gameplay reasons, want Minutemen to gain no benefit from roads.

But just to be clear, the title says it all, I'm playing the American Civ, have researched Gunpowder, built a Minutemen unit and its ability to move through rough terrain works fine but it gains no benefit from my roads.

They do correctly move 2 across all terrain, but roads do them no good. (At least in the game I was playing.)

The American UU, Minuteman, is not using roads to increase movement. I assume this is bugged due to them ignoring negative terrain cost penalties.

I can confirm this is happening as well, really irritating on a large map, basically lost me the game as I had mostly just Minuteman that took forever to arrive.

I'm not sure if this was posted already or if others have gotten this same bug.
When i played a game as america, the UU minuteman only moves two hexes at a time even though i have a road network. Who else has this problem?

Moderator Action: Moved thread and clarified the thread title :)

I'm not sure if this was posted already or if others have gotten this same bug.
When i played a game as america, the UU minuteman only moves two hexes at a time even though i have a road network. Who else has this problem?

Not only is this known, there is a mod that fixes this issue

Moderator Action: Merged thread with one in the Confirmed Bugs section

guczy, could you give a link to that mod? Thanks. :)

When we are at this, it seems that Minutemen uses PROMOTION_FLAT_MOVEMENT_COST, instead of PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST, which have Scouts, and would be by description, what this unit is supposed to have.

On the other hand I noticed that Helicopter also uses PROMOTION_IGNORE_TERRAIN_COST, just as Scout, and I've seen reports that they get benefits from the roads too (?!?).

So I wonder... was promotion, that Minutemen get now, supposed to be used by Helicopters?

If so, they are bugged too. Minutemen should have ignore terrain, while helicopter flat movement, not other way around.

there is also another issue with this bug, and thats with upgrading the unit... as the upgraded keeps the aforementioned promotion..

really annoying to get upto mech infantry only to have it limited to 2 tiles per move :(

This has been fixed with 1.0.0.62 and should be struck through in the bug list...

This has been fixed with 1.0.0.62 and should be struck through in the bug list...

Thanks for letting us know.
I don't trust their fix lists, so i haven't struck out anything in the list yet.

Top Bottom