[FIXED] Open borders stuck on

DalekDavros

Prince
I have open borders stuck on with a civilization, despite having no current open borders agreement (as verified from the current deals list). I'm not entirely sure when this started happening, but I believe that it was immediately after signing a peace treaty (and possibly in the situation that I had had Open Borders before the war started). This lasted for the rest of the game (which was significantly more than 30 turns).

Save attached from when I first noticed this. I have two-way open borders with Siam, but should have no open borders.

Attachments

• open borders bug.Civ5Save
    749 KB · Views: 201
I had right of passage with Washington, now we don't but he still has units inside my borders that wont move. I check the ongoing trades, but there says no right of passage between us.

After that I fought a war with him, and when we said peace, I do think he could still move in my borders, but i dont really remember, will check when i get home.

Since the 1.0.0.20 patch mentions that it contains "Deal expiration fixes," I'll just confirm that this bug is still present in the latest version. Save attached. Once again, the problem is with Siam (coincidence?).

Attachments

• open borders bug.Civ5Save
    933 KB · Views: 187
Me and my allied city state Budapest made peace (10 turns) with Darius in turn 356, now its turn 691 and i still cannot declare war on him because according to the game the deal hasnt expired yet.

Since the 1.0.0.20 patch mentions that it contains "Deal expiration fixes," I'll just confirm that this bug is still present in the latest version. Save attached. Once again, the problem is with Siam (coincidence?).

Yep nothing has changed.

Same problem here with France vs Russia. Ruins the game, because they are the big bad neighbor and we can't have any deals or declare war :\

Looks like "Deal expiration fixes" has even been removed from the list of fixes on the announcement on Steam.

I just stumbled upon this damn bug. Rome is expanding like crazy near my territory after I had nearly vanquished them, and now there's nothing I can do. I hope a future patch will fix saved games, so it's not ruined.

Greece has permanent open borders agreement with city states. Problem is that it doesn't seem to get cancelled even when you are at war with them.

In my game naval units, which cannot heal in enemy waters, can do it in sea territory of a CS even when I am at war with them. Don't know if my land units can use the roads of a CS during war and can't test it in my game (no CS has any roads).

This happened ever since the open borders I sold France for 40 gold expired. Its been 100 turns on and he still happily walks across my lands...

Savegame attached. Note its running a few mods (24h clock, GP mod, City States mod)

Attachments

• QuickSave.zip
    551 KB · Views: 205
Thanks for reporting this problem and attaching a save file. This situation has been confirmed as a known bug. I'll merge this thread with the existing one.

(Note to anyone who attempts to load the attached file in civcivv's post: You must have installed the indicated mods.)

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread.

Same problem.

I have had open borders stuck on for nearly 200 turns with arabia. They have units on many of my unimproved tiles and i cant work them.

Is there a fix for this, or anything that can be done? This bug completely wrecks a game.

Cheers.

Same problem.

I have had open borders stuck on for nearly 200 turns with arabia. They have units on many of my unimproved tiles and i cant work them.

Is there a fix for this, or anything that can be done? This bug completely wrecks a game.

Cheers.

AFAIK there is no fix. We've heard that a major update will be released in a few weeks (no firm date) and perhaps it will fix this problem.

I recently got this bug, where I still have open borders with one civ, although 30 turns passed long time ago. And now, I'm unable to get out of deal.

Is there any workaround for this?
Mod, debug, anything else that could remove bugged open border state?

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

Thanks for opening this topic. I'm wondering about this too. I have had open borders with Persia forever and I can't find any way to cancel it.

So is it possible somehow to workaround this?

It's so much annoying to have neighbor that parked right in my roads and to not be able to do anything about that.

Some sort of debug mod to turn off open borders, cheat perhaps. Even mod that would toggle it out?

Anything to fix current game?

I'm almost tempted to abandon my current game. That's how much this thing bothers me (and never ever agree to give my open borders to anyone).

I just realized I had same issue with my older game.
But it wasn't that much noticeable since it was agreement with with civ from other continent.

It even lasted through whole war and all time after it.

It also explains why after he sneak-attacked me, his units that where in my territory were never expelled (agreement was still functional during the war!!!). Something that works correctly with civs that have proper unbugged Open Border treaty.

P.S.
In both cases these, were straightforward agreements. Open Border for Open Border.

Similar problem here! Napoleon crushes my city-states - and even insults me while doing so - but I can't declare war on him for unknown reasons!

This is VERY frustrating! :mad:

Top Bottom