[FIXED] Open borders stuck on

Horribly annoying, crippling bug

I am playing a game I intend to win with a conquest victory, I captured all capitals and my army is stuck at the borders of the last capital ... and I cannot declare war...

Any known workaround?

Horribly annoying, crippling bug

I am playing a game I intend to win with a conquest victory, I captured all capitals and my army is stuck at the borders of the last capital ... and I cannot declare war...

Any known workaround?

This bug was supposedly fixed by patch 1.0.0.62 that came out earlier today. Do you have this patch installed? It would have been installed automatically unless you were in Steam offline mode. If the patch installed while you were playing, I assume that you would have to restart the game to see the effect. Can you load the game again to see if this helps?

If you still have the problem, please post a save file. Thanks.

The game is patched (since I can now sell buldings), but the problem is not solved, in the sense that my game is still stuck in peace mode.
Check the saved file, Montezuma is the civ, the peace deal expired some 180 turns ago.

Attachments

• 3bisRome.Civ5Save
    750.9 KB · Views: 79
I confirm that you have an expired peace treaty with Monte, but can't declare war. We have two possibilities:

(1) The patch fixed the issue, but only for games that were started after patching, or
(2) The patch didn't fix the issue at all.

If someone has a save file from a game that began after installing patch 1.0.0.62 and a peace treaty really expired (or didn't), that would help. I will raise the issue in the staff forum about contacting Firaxis or 2K for advice on whether the patch was supposed to fix existing games. Finally, my understanding was that the patch was supposed to fix all bugs with diplomatic deals not expiring.

Second Thoughts: Instead of raising this in the Staff forum, does anyone know whether 2K Games has stated whether this fix works on games that were created before the patch?

In all I have played since the patch the issue did not reproduce. I strongly suspect case (1) happens; they fixed the bug so that is does not generate the problem, but not in a way that fixes old saved games...

This really would suck for all the hours I spent on this game, I am just a few turns from a conquest win...

Same problem. Few turns away from capturing the last capital and I can't declare war. Patch has been applied but it doesn't seem to affect saved games. Very frustrating after spending the time getting to this point.

Yeah, bug exists in my game, started after the patch. I dont think it could have anything to do with mods, but I'm using...the...CM...CC...the combined mod pack thing with an acronym. yeah.

I had permanent one way(them in my territory) open borders with Rome and France after we signed a peace treaty. I only had open borders before the war with France. I'd upload a save, but it wouldnt help, as I already developed an excellent fix for the issue. Slaughter every roman and frenchman on the planet post haste :p

I had right of passage with Washington, now we don't but he still has units inside my borders that wont move. I check the ongoing trades, but there says no right of passage between us.

After that I fought a war with him, and when we said peace, I do think he could still move in my borders, but i dont really remember, will check when i get home.

I seem to have this same version of the Open Borders bug. I started this game using version 1.0.0.621. I let my origional RoP with India expire, to stop India using my territory as a staging area for their attack on Siam (whose regime I am currently propping up). However, India is still crossing my borders and waltzing over my French territory to attack Siam, even though I no longer have an open border with India. If I try to move my units into Indian Territory, I get asked if I want to declare war.... Not fair!

I love the whole Civ franchise, and have been playing Civ ever since Civ 2. I was prepared to love Civ 5, but each time I play, and encounter small, stupid and potentially game-wrecking bugs like this, I get more and more disappointed with it.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Welcome to CFC :).

Please attach the savegame of question, so that someone else can crosscheck it.

OK, first time doing this, but think I have it attached it.

Cheers :)

P.S I am using Valkrionn's Economy Mod v.1 for this game.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0490 AD-1900.Civ5Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
Is economy mod v1 even compatible with .621?

It sure is...when the game load it says, 1.0.0.621, I go into 'Mods', I see economy v1 is ticked, I go back into the mods- saved games area and load my game, I play my game.... it's compatible :p

Thanks for asking though. I think the problem is bigger than the economy mod!:mischief:

It sure is...when the game load it says, 1.0.0.621, I go into 'Mods', I see economy v1 is ticked, I go back into the mods- saved games area and load my game, I play my game.... it's compatible :p

Thanks for asking though. I think the problem is bigger than the economy mod!:mischief:

Ah, but just because it loads doesn't mean it's compatible does it?

I'm thinking about these posts in particular:

Will this work OK with the latest patch?

Possibly, possibly not (depends on what they did with the UI). I'll work on releasing a new version.

Wasn't aware they had released it yet, was expecting it in a few days. :lol: I've had the patch on my test install for a few days now, but like I said: I thought there was more coming later on. :lol:

Edit: v2 definitely does not work with the new patch. Namely, the ability to sell buildings will not work. I'm working on an update right now, won't include any new content however as that's not done. :lol:

Alright people, v4 is uploaded. Made compatible with the new patch, and contains v3 of Robk's InfoAddict. It is also compatible with Active City Defense, Emigration, Tech Diffusion, and Tree Growth.

Yes, v4. I had forgotten to add the necessary xml for the compatibility to v3, so if you are one of the 3 people who downloaded it, please redownload v4. ;)

NOTE: Economy Mod must be activated AFTER any other mods you wish to use. This ensures that my files overwrite those of others. All of the above mods utilize InGame.xml in order to activate their lua, my file contains the necessary xml for all of them to function.

Edit: Well crap. Forgot to add the building icons, so that's not in yet.

Ah, but just because it loads doesn't mean it's compatible does it?

I'm thinking about these posts in particular:

Still don't think my original issue has anything to do with the economy mod though... But am open to suggestions if you do think the issues are connected.

Well my suggestion would be to check with Valkrionn if there is any possible relation between the bug and using v1 of his mod.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I believe it's worth considering when you are not only running a mod but one that is for an older patch version of the game.

Top Bottom