[FIXED] Peace treaty does not expire

Great... I have this problem too... *sigh* well I guess I can move my army away from their borders then... i assume they can't break it either.

It's a random thing. Most peace treaties expire properly. In my game, the two that I initated will not end. Dunno if that's a factor or not.

Yay for paid public betas

It's either random or only occurs under certain conditions because so far my treaties have expired normally.

For some reason in my game, I cannot declare war on China. It's been 20 turns since I traded with them, but it says I have a peace treaty. However, it should have long expired by now.

Is this a glitch, or am I just doing something wrong?

My bad, I didn't see the "confirmed" bugs section and only searched the other one.

I've reproduced this as well. Turn 87 treaty, turn 122 no war.

Same for me, turn 180ish against Babylon. It was a really interesting game. Hope the patch will fix saves.

I entered a peace treaty with Siam on turn 413, which was supposed to last only 10 turns. I planned on backstabbing him after, but it's turn 491 now and It still says I have a peace treaty with him and I can't declare war!

Anyone else have this bug? It pretty much ruins the game :mad:

After playing though my game, I've found that nukes bypass this, so just nuke the people you can't declare war on. It's much more fun and climatic anyways.

So I was at war with Montezuma after which we declared peace. Now, many turns later, I go to declare war on him again, although the Declare War button is now greyed out stating that I can't declare war until the peace treaty is up. The problem is the peace treaty was up over 100 turns ago. When I go to view current deals no peace treaty is listed.

I've attached the save.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• MidRussia.Civ5Save
    608.6 KB · Views: 97
Where did you see/read that they had the fix for that bug? And does it address other diplomacy bugs (my never-ending research treaty, for example)?

I'd like to load up your save and help confirm, but alas I'm still playing the demo version of the game.

I also noticed this behaviour in the demo - signed peace treaty with Elizabeth, which expired, then she declares war on my city state ally and I can't assist because the Declare War option is greyed out.

Could it have something to do with the city state diplomacy mechanics? Eg, you accept a new city state ally who is at forced peace with the opponent, and you must wait for that deal to expire?

I went to war with England early in the game then signed a 10-turn peace agreement (on turn 70). Well, its turn 148 and I still can't attack. I don't show any active agreements with England - whats going on!?

I've had this same issue. I'm playing a steam purchased civ 5 playing with Rome. Its been about 150 turns since my 10 turn peace treaty with the Iroquois and I am unable to attack or declare war. The declare war option is also greyed out for me.

I have the same issue in my game and may ultimately lose because of it, both the research pact and treaty havent ended in 280 turns. A 2 city immortal civ is now cluttering my areas with like 30 citites and killing off city states and my infantry/tanks are powerless to stop their minutemen.

I have the same issue. The only remaining nation beside me is Persia and now I can't declare war on him to take the bastard out and win the game just because of this. Really irritating! I've been playing the game for thirteen hours total, just to get this at the doorstep of victory. :mad:

Top Bottom