1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

FIXED_GEM_ preset_No_Custom_Civs

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Fermongu, Feb 14, 2018.

1. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

That's because landmasses are wrongly placed in some maps - Great Britain should be in middle of map horizontally.
    Alaska should be in west corner of map and Russian most eastern tip should be on Eastern corner of map.

Longitude of 0 is center of map horizontally.

Use my No Latitude/Longitude limits mod for "broken" or otherwise nonstandard maps

2. Dreifels

Dreifels King

???? what / how to use / where it is?
    (BTW: referring to other w/o link to it is not optimal for understanding for ppl not being so familar with it like you)

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Its here.

Use only file in units folder if you just want to have animal spawning not restricted to longitude/latitude.

4. Dreifels

Dreifels King

thanks, as I see, you replaced by
    <!-- bLatitudeAbs>0</bLatitudeAbs -->
    <!-- iMaxLatitude>0</iMaxLatitude -->
    <!-- iMinLongitude>-60</iMinLongitude -->
    <!-- iMaxLongitude>60</iMaxLongitude -->
    all animals.

However, would it be not better if the starting "modname.CivBeyondSwordWBSave" gets the latitude overall corrected by a relative simple script, for all fields, so that Britain is 0,0 and all other is according? For my understanding this should be possible by an easy script, as the .CivBeyondSwordWBSave is xml format. Run such 1x and the mod's map is fine.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This isn't possible - either you would have to manually shift map (and loop it) horizontally in Notepad++ or something so Britain is at X/2 of map (where X is width of map), or you would have to manually edit spawn infos so new longitude limits match map you are using.

0, 0 coordinate in scenario file is SW corner of map, so first one would be half of map width for Britain, and second one would be somewhere in upper part of height.
    In scenario map tiles are sorted first by height bottom top and then by width left right.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  6. Dreifels

Dreifels King

your No Latitude/Longitude limits mod is no solution, just tested it.
    1) I get animals in Europe that should be restricted to Africa or Australia, and in Sahara I get animals resricted to cold areas and rocks. A solution with the watering can isn't what we need for the map.
    2) also with your mod I get no wild camels and elephants. So that missing spawning does have another reason.

7. Fermongu

Fermongu Warlord

Hello! What do you think can be improved?

If you use custom spawning file, attached in 1st post, most obvius wrong spawning animals are corrected.

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Map had misplaced continents - so it was already "broken" as soon as it was created, as Alaska should be in north western part of map - that is relatively close to 0, 0.

Britain should been placed at half of map width.

That is animal spawning longitudes never agreed with this map.

9. Fermongu

Fermongu Warlord

I don't know how to move landmasses around, or how to change longitudes, all I could do was to make a custom spawning file :(

10. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

In my map I did it manually with ctrl+f and replace. Basically I've moved all of Afro-Eurasia + Oceania to the right (x=50 to x=60, x=51 to x=61, etc. until you have england in the middle) and kept the American portion where it was.

The additional area is the Atlantic Ocean (only ocean tiles for the most part) so it wasn't a time consuming effort.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Can this file be incorporated into the map?

I think this is where the problem originated from. In that when We the C2C team added it to the Private Maps folder, that this corrected spawning file was not with the map. But instead was listed here in the Scenario/Map sub forum. And this is probably why Dreifels is having so much problems with it.

What do you think about this KaTiON_PT? Would this help Fermongu?

12. Dreifels

Dreifels King

as I suggested already, I think the most easy way to correct the longitudes of a complete map is by a script that you run 1x for the map.
    you look what is the position of Britain (more correct, the position where London would be), and what is the position in your GEM for it.
    Then you have the two values of the difference, and you can replace any field's position by that value.
    Manually it is a messs, but with a script easy. (the script would be useable for any map, with these steps). As the WBsav of the Mod's starting is the mod basic and it is xml, it should be simple.

13. KaTiON_PT

KaTiON_PT Emperor

I don't think so @JosEPh_II. :(

Raxo's readjustment only works for scenarios that are 124x200 and include a space portion and a Earth part that is exactly 124x55 in size.

It is possible to make a new readjustment just for GEM but Great Britain still needs to be in the middle for it to work.

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Great Britain had to be in middle of your map so readjusting longitudes wouldn't be needed.

I extracted from spawn infos longitudes, that are used (searched for min and max longitudes and filtered down repeating results).
    Spoiler :
    Max: -125
    Max: -60
    Max: -25
    Max: 30
    Max: 40
    Max: 45
    Max: 51
    Max: 60
    Max: 97
    Max: 100
    Max: 105
    Max: 120
    Max: 160

Min: -70
    Min: -65
    Min: -60
    Min: -40
    Min: -15
    Min: 43
    Min: 60
    Min: 65
    Min: 68
    Min: 70
    Min: 100

So if map is shifted by 90 westwards, then you should add 90 to each longitude (replace each number with 90 bigger).
    If result would be above 180, then you have subtract 360 from it.

For example you increase all longtitude limits by 90 essentially rotating thing.
    160+90 is 250. 250-360 is -110.

You would want to replace
    >X< with >----Y< and then remove ----, so number wouldn't be replaced twice.

If map was rotated by 180 - Great Britain under 0, 0 corner, then you would add 180 to all those numbers in spoiler and subtract 360 if number would be bigger than 180.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    TaylorItaly likes this.
  15. Dreifels

Dreifels King

not sure yet. My first thinking was "yes, that's the catch", and installed it and really, I got lot of animals wild in correct areas that I got not before, i.e. also 2 Elephants, Girafe, and more.

However, after 50 turns autoplay no camel around, checked by Worldbuilder. Is there a special additional requirement for camel?

16. Fermongu

Fermongu Warlord

Camel do spawn in my game, from its map resource, so not a lot of them. Maybe 50 turns is too short time.

Be warned that some animals are very restricted to small coordinates, for example lemur.

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Looks like camel can be spawned only below equator.
    Code:
    <SpawnInfo>
               <Type>SPAWN_CAMEL_NATIVE</Type>
               <UnitType>UNIT_CAMEL</UnitType>
               <PlayerType>49</PlayerType>
               <bNeutralOnly>0</bNeutralOnly>
               <iTurns>30</iTurns>
               <iMaxLocalDensity>7</iMaxLocalDensity>
               <iStartDate>-200000</iStartDate>
               <rateOverrideDefineName>ANIMAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER</rateOverrideDefineName>
               <bLatitudeAbs>0</bLatitudeAbs>
               <iMaxLatitude>0</iMaxLatitude>
               <iMinLongitude>-60</iMinLongitude>
               <iMaxLongitude>60</iMaxLongitude>
               <BonusTypes>
                   <BonusType>BONUS_CAMEL</BonusType>
               </BonusTypes>
           </SpawnInfo>

18. Dreifels

Dreifels King

I found my camel, after 80 autoturns one spawned in Saudi Arabia
    Means, problem really was caused by missing of custom spawning file

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    TaylorItaly and Fermongu like this.
  19. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

If you have Peace Among Us game option disabled, then they can get eaten by some other NPC groups.
    Also they may be literally hiding, since even without Hide and Seek invisibility is a thing though its simplified.

20. Dreifels

Dreifels King

yes, it did need 80 turns with the camel..
    Anyways, good that this problem is gone and we know the reason (the missing of custom spawning file).
    Nevertheless, when you start working to correct the resources, you may have a close look to all thse animals which are with false position in opposite to the reality. Same for other resources. In so far the map requires a detailled work. Also I recommend to open a (difiicult, but possible) way to ship fron north Europe via Iceland to Greenland and along the coast to the american continent, also a land way from Asia to Alaska. History says that the Wikinger already settled Greenland and shipped further to Canada, and Asian ppl went via Alaska to America. Both should be possible in this map, as it should be (I think so) a most realistic map.
    But overall, no bug found until now, technically the map looks OK. :thumbsup: