Flash Animation

I'm alright at Flash 5. My friend taught me some stuff, the inbuilt tutorial taught me a little bit (after redoing it millions of times ;)) and i taught myself the rest. Still, i'm no way near as good as Legendary Frog! I can do quite a bit but i'm not the best at drawing on it :(, so i end up tracing my images or getting my mate to do the artwork (i do backgrounds myself, pretty decent at that). I would post some of my stuff but most of it was lost when my PC went kapoosh and i'm too lazy to make decent ones anymore :(.

LOL thats kinda funy in a sick and twisted way....I loce using macromedia....its soo much fun cuz you can do some crazy stuff that Flash 5 can do..

But ya I like drawing stick figures and have them fight it out......go to post 20 and watch it...it's soo funny

Also, if you want you could check out my mates flash movie site www.freewebs.com/flashpoo
Some of it is hilarious (check out the claymations and DerrDevil) but some of it is kinda lame. I would check it out for just a few minutes atleast :D.

How do you set a flash to just play once?

I know a user can turn off the loop feature, but..

Okay, so my audio is longer than my visuals, and so after the first time through - the repeated flash isn't timed correctly between visuals & sound. Is there a way to solve this? I don't see how to cancel out a remaining sound string (or whatever) so that it all starts in synch upon each replay.

Can you 'close' a file, per se?

well Sourboy, you can delete the music out the frames (i'm assuming you know how to delete frames- its just like you would delete anything else, by using the delete button! :p) to the right length. I think that website i linked to earlier either has a tutorial on it or a link to it on Newgrounds, its quite nice and simple if i remember :), that should show you how to edit the lenght of the sounds.

Oh and thats a cool movie DBM :D- especially the ending :lol:.

Hey guys I just thought of an Idea we should open a thread up for just Flash Animations...I mean Only where you can post the actual flash and no one posts replies like AWSOME JOB!!! or some crap like that and we could just keep it all off the side like in another thread like here and we just use this one for discussions.

Amazing what you can do with macromedia...BTW thats only with the gradients and effects that come stock..

Take a look these flashes, I really enjoy them. Thought to share if you guys get some inspiration over there :)

Fat-Pie flash cartoons

Alright, finally got Flash MX (v7) - anyone recommend some good tutorials or should I just hit 'em all?

Also, any ideas on some creations? I was thinking of doing some music videos to learn the basics, then evolve from there. I'll have to do something Civ related at some point, but no idea what yet.

Drivebymaster said:
Hey guys I just thought of an Idea we should open a thread up for just Flash Animations...I mean Only where you can post the actual flash and no one posts replies like AWSOME JOB!!! or some crap like that and we could just keep it all off the side like in another thread like here and we just use this one for discussions.

post a link?

It's in his sig.

That's some other guy's site, grammalover or something...and he's a member there. hah, one of three. Thought he was making one here, anyway.

...back to tutorial land.

Anyone interested in co-creating a Flash? I figure it's easier to learn when you have someone(s) else working with you, and of course better ideas on what/how to make the animation, as well as quicker results with each of us working on something. Anyhow, I am using Flash MX. I'm not much of a graphic designer and I surely can't pull off multiple voices for the audio, and there's always more to learn in the actual flash programming, not to mention any ideas/suggestions are welcome - so let me know if you are interested or are willing to contribute something on any level.

A short video is my current thought, maybe multiple creations, used as episodes/acts?

I'm a tad too busy for the graphics and animation but i'm more than happy to help with ideas, voices and sound in general (the easy bits, except for the ideas of course).

:D.

Cool, right now I'm finishing up a short animated joke (just to learn the Flash MX basics) and I need a couple lines recorded for one of the chars, if you're willing. Do you have an accent or can you do a deep voice (one char is a policeman, the other a smartass driver)?

Aside from that, things are very easy with Flash MX, and so I'd like to work on something bigger. Any ideas? Maybe a parody, short story, or something more original, like 'Salad Fingers' ...though not quite as disturbing. I definately want to do something Civ related, and maybe get Thunderfall to host it, but it's gotta be good.

Let me know.

Top Bottom