1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ4 BTS Patch v3.13 is up

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MrDrizzt, Oct 4, 2007.

1. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

you are right of course :)
    but from the few dozen times I had to post detailed manual uninstall instructions in the Tech Support section I have started to preempt this and just tell people to go the long route the first time.
    I still would like to figure out why the 1.74 patch and more so the 3.13 patch fail sometimes while they work for most people without a glitch :confused:

2. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Probably something stupid like old version of directx. One of the steps in your procedure should be the link direct to Microsoft's directx page.

Wodan

3. Wodan

Wodan Deity

ps Wow. That's the 2nd time today I've been told here on the boards that I was right. ;)

I'm on a roll. Need to go get a lottery ticket or something.

Wodan

4. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

CIV4/Warlords/BtS all installed and played OK.

"Road to War" is still painfully slow and unplayable.

5. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Wow. I missed it (I think). Need to check and see if it auto-updated for me when I get home.

6. JFLNYC

JFLNYC Producer

Be aware that it's a rolling update. Some people will not get updated automatically based on known conflicts MS detects on your PC.

7. a4phantom

a4phantom Perma-newbie

Rejoining Civ/CivFanatics after a year away, will get my copy of BTS in two weeks or so (I'm in Korea). To catch me up, is this correct: BTS 3.13 is the latest and possibly last patch, but it's insufficient, so Bhruic's patch is the un-official latest patch and is superior to BTS 3.13?

8. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

9. a4phantom

a4phantom Perma-newbie

Thanks Ori. There's a subway station named after you by my house.

10. Soneji

Soneji Prince and Great Steward

news on next patch?

11. Caspar_Esq.

Caspar_Esq. Chieftain

Is there any point in installing this patch?

What I mean is, it seems to introduce as many bugs as it removes? At least thats the impression I get reading through the thread?

12. oranges

oranges Prince

Yes.

Install Bhruic's unofficial patch on top of it and you should have virtually bug free game.

13. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Yes, and I believe this patch is required before installing Bhruic's patch.

Wodan

14. Caspar_Esq.

Caspar_Esq. Chieftain

After having had a good look at bhruic's fix list I decided to take your advice and install both.

Only thing is I am getting the "The setup has detected that no version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV - Beyond the Sword is installed" error, when trying to install 3.13.

I know this is a known issue and I have tried searching but the threads I found didn't have solutions. You don't get the option to even point it to a directory.

Anybody know the answer or can point me in the direction of a relevant thread?

15. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Which setup is giving that error?

16. dalamb

dalamb Deity

When I encountered that problem (no version of BTS installed), I had to uninstall everything and reinstall in order (Civ IV basic, BTS, 3.13 patch; possibly latest Civ IV patch before BTS).

17. Caspar_Esq.

Caspar_Esq. Chieftain

My setup. What do you even mean?

Arrgh, not sure I can be bothered to re-install everything, that will take ages...

18. Wodan

Wodan Deity

19. Caspar_Esq.

Caspar_Esq. Chieftain

I have BTS installed. I have downloaded the 3.13 patch. When trying to install the patch (just after installshield has finished preparing) it claims I have no copy of BTS installed and aborts.

20. Wodan

Wodan Deity

Sooo... you're failing on step #3. Right?

Did you originally install to a custom location on your HD, perhaps a separate drive?

Sounds like either you're not using the in-game install (as recommended), or you're using it but it's looking in the wrong spot (probably because of a custom location or separate drive).

If the former, then why not try the recommended solution. If the latter, then instead of the in-game update, you can also get the 3.13 patch via here. Try that. :)

Wodan

ps Note that some people incorrectly call Bhruic's patch v1.21 to be "the Patch v3.13". Probably as a result of the title of this thread. Which is totally misleading.