FlavourMod 2

FlavourMod 2.1.1 for Fall from Heaven 0.33g is up. The Gekko release. Thanks for your input to make FlavourMod even better. ;)

Version 2.1.1:
- Change: Fall from Heaven 0.33g compatibility
- Change: Doviello lose their preference for snow
- Change: Ljosalfar gain a small preference for deer
- Change: Hippus gain a small preference for horses
- Change: Khazad and Luchuirp gain a small preference for pigs
- Change: Sidar gain a slight dislike for jungle
- Change: Illians like Letum Frigus even more
- Change: slightly improved Guardian placement algorithm

the "f" patch created this problem. Go back to patch "e" or wait for the next patch :p

Thanks for considering my idea, Jean. I appreciate it ;)

oh.. I did install patch f with this mod.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

how hard would it be to update this to .34? i love playing perfectworld map, but it doesn't work very well without flavour start :(

anything i can do to help out i would be happy to, but i would really love to see this updated :)

how hard would it be to update this to .34?

Not too hard. :) FlavourMod 2.1.2 for 0.34c is up and ready for download (1st post).

The changes in 2.1.2:

• Add: Terrain Marsh possible on all map scripts
  • Add: Riverside Preference "RIVERSIDE"
  • Change: Elohim lose preference for Maelstrom (not sacred enough)
  • Change: Elohim gain preference for Seven Pines and Bradeline's Well
  • Change: Removed Broken Sepulcher from the dangerous unique features list
  • Change: Munkres linear optimization algorithm update to 1.0.5.2
  • Change: InfoType spell checking active by default
  • Change: compatibility to Fall from Heaven 0.34c

I just started my first FFH 0.34c game, since I've been away for a while. in my first game, first map, first generation, the elves are in a foresty area (right next to Yggdrasil!), the orcs are in a jungly area, and Mulcarn are in the desert. Did this get incorporated into FFH 0.34?

I generated an Erebus map, that could also have done it...

I just started my first FFH 0.34c game, since I've been away for a while. in my first game, first map, first generation, the elves are in a foresty area (right next to Yggdrasil!), the orcs are in a jungly area, and Mulcarn are in the desert. Did this get incorporated into FFH 0.34?

I generated an Erebus map, that could also have done it...

It was the Erebus mapscript. Erebus uses a mechanic totally different to the one in FlavourMod from a coding perspective but similar in its outcome for finding appropriate starting locations. It doesn't look for ressources or unique improvements though. Yggdrasil was just a coincidence in your game.

I don't think FlavourMod will ever be integrated into Fall from Heaven but it is a part of Fall Further for quite some time now.

Not too hard. :) FlavourMod 2.1.2 for 0.34c is up and ready for download (1st post).

The changes in 2.1.2:

• Add: Terrain Marsh possible on all map scripts
  • Add: Riverside Preference "RIVERSIDE"
  • Change: Elohim lose preference for Maelstrom (not sacred enough)
  • Change: Elohim gain preference for Seven Pines and Bradeline's Well
  • Change: Removed Broken Sepulcher from the dangerous unique features list
  • Change: Munkres linear optimization algorithm update to 1.0.5.2
  • Change: InfoType spell checking active by default
  • Change: compatibility to Fall from Heaven 0.34c

THANK YOU!!!

Hmmm, would this be compatible with patch d?

Version 2.1.2 is compatible with patch d. Apply patch d and install FlavourMod again after installing the patch. There were only minor changes in patch d and no SDK changes at all.

looks like they changed the game core for patch f :(

oh well, supposedly it's for performance enhancements on big maps, which is what i like to play!

i just have a quick question. does the flavor interface check for pearls when using YIELD_COMMERCE? if it does, does it make sure the player is lanun first?

it seems like i start out with a lot of ocean plots when i add a commerce preference to one of the civs.

i just have a quick question. does the flavor interface check for pearls when using YIELD_COMMERCE? if it does, does it make sure the player is lanun first?

It does check for pearls, but the additional yield from pearls only counts for the Lanun and their team members.

it seems like i start out with a lot of ocean plots when i add a commerce preference to one of the civs.

That's intended. Ocean plots yield a lot of raw commerce. You may counter this behaviour by adding a dislike for coastal starts or ocean and coast plots.

How would this function if I created a new leader for Ljosalfar? Or if I created a new civilization based off Ljosalfar? What would I need to do to get my civilization recognized as needing certain starting locations?

How would this function if I created a new leader for Ljosalfar? Or if I created a new civilization based off Ljosalfar? What would I need to do to get my civilization recognized as needing certain starting locations?

A new leader is no problem at all. The preferences for starting locations are civilization based. You wouldn't have to change anything. If you create a new civilization though you would have to add it and its preferences to all the other civs and their preferences in the file CvFlavourInterface.py. The Ljosalfar description looks like this for example:

Code:
	pCivFlavourInfo = CivFlavourInfo([COLOR="Gray"]"CIVILIZATION_LJOSALFAR"[/COLOR])
	pCivFlavourInfo.addPreference([COLOR="Gray"]"FEATURE_FOREST"[/COLOR], [COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR])
	pCivFlavourInfo.addPreference([COLOR="Gray"]"BONUS_DEER"[/COLOR], [COLOR="Red"]1[/COLOR])
	civFlavourInfos[pCivFlavourInfo.civ] = pCivFlavourInfo

It shouldn't be too difficult to understand, but if you should have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Top Bottom