FNSD info poll: What should we research next?

FNSD info poll: What should we research next?

• Code of Laws

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Literature

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Map making

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Mathematics

• Philosophy

• Polytheism

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Abstain

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donsig

Low level intermediary
We have just acquired horseback riding and writing from other civilizations. It is time to choose something to research. There is not enough time to post a discussion about this so it is an information poll.

According to our most recent FNSD info poll 20 out of 26 citizens think both literacy and monarchy are in the top five most important techs for us to get. This poll will help us decide which path our research should take. Please note that we would need to research polytheism before researching monacrchy.

This poll will be open for two days.

I voted for the poly-monarchy path. I feel we will be spending a lot of time in Monarchy in this game.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
I voted for the poly-monarchy path. I feel we will be spending a lot of time in Monarchy in this game.

I disagree..... I personal prefer the replublic (even in war times) over monarcy. I want to go on a straight path for lit. Lit will secure are culture and scientific success which is needed in winning the game. Monarcy is only temporary. Once we get to republic/democracy it's gone. A straight path to monarcy will destroy us both culturly and scientificly.

I will agree with our esteemed science leader at this point. Literature, then the republic! Literature is necesary to consturt our glourious libraries, centers of learning and culture. Republic, for the sake of the citizenry! We must end autonomous rule over the nation!

Republics are excellent war time governments. It takes about 40 turns for the weariness to take hold, fast enough for us to conquer those who oppose us.

Polytheism,than Monarchy.

I think its the best for the militaristic Germans and with the many wars lurking beind the horizon.

Ok, I'm going out on a limb, and saying mapmaking, as that will give us harbors! ;) What else would the Trade Department pick? (granted, we'd have to wait until everyone else builds harbors).

As a cartographer, I too would like to see a breakthrough in the area of map-making. Then, perhaps, we could learn more about our land and our neighbors.

Nonetheless, I believe that Monarchy offers the best benefits to our current situation as it will allow us to rush build improvements in captured territories without sacrificing innocent lives. I realize that Republic offers these same benefits, but we can clearly discover Monarchy much sooner than Republic.

Originally posted by FortyJ
As a cartographer, I too would like to see a breakthrough in the area of map-making. Then, perhaps, we could learn more about our land and our neighbors.

Nonetheless, I believe that Monarchy offers the best benefits to our current situation as it will allow us to rush build improvements in captured territories without sacrificing innocent lives. I realize that Republic offers these same benefits, but we can clearly discover Monarchy much sooner than Republic.

You are also missing a valuable point in the research of monarcy. The path to monarcy gives us what? The Oracle and Monarcy.... That's it..... Where the path to republic gives us quite a few things.... and map making is just alittle ways off from a path to the republic.

I am certain that our esteemed Science Leader merely forgot to mention the benefits of the Hanging Gardens. Three content plus one in every city is not a small benefit to the aggressive nation on this difficulty level.

We will gain the benefits of the great library when we capture it, or when we use a great leader to build it.

The Monarchy government itself is less efficient than the Republic, but much more attainable in the short term, and war weariness in Republic, while controllable when on the defensive, can become burdensome in major offensives.

I must ask, what is the probability we capture the Great Library, or any other wonder for that matter? Remeber, there are 15 other civs out there. By the time troops reached the city where a wonder was, both wonder and forces would be obsolete.

It is better, than, to build that magnificient wonder for ourselevs!

Literature. Gives us the option to build cheap libraries earlier (with population if desired). We can research Literature now, while we'd have to research Polytheism and Monarchy to receive that benefit. And pre-building the Great Library means we'll get Monarchy, and the other early techs, as soon as they're traded.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
I am certain that our esteemed Science Leader merely forgot to mention the benefits of the Hanging Gardens. Three content plus one in every city is not a small benefit to the aggressive nation on this difficulty level.

We will gain the benefits of the great library when we capture it, or when we use a great leader to build it.

The Monarchy government itself is less efficient than the Republic, but much more attainable in the short term, and war weariness in Republic, while controllable when on the defensive, can become burdensome in major offensives.

Bill.... We have 3 cities..... We do not need the hanging gardens..... Also if we do not build the Great Library now.... We will NEVER get it. Also you guys seem to not look at the bonus libries give us. If we do not aquire are libries soon then we will be almost destroyed culturly/ scientificly. It will take great bounds in tech research to catch up.... Bounds that we might not the the oppotunity to get.

This poll is close with tie between lit & poly(8-8)

As science leader I will break this poll by setting the queue as follows:

Lit
Poly
Monarcy
Map making

Edit: Just incase anyone wanted to know.... Are military leader said to put him down for lit.

I was informed about this poll right about now. When I came to vote. It was closed already.

Strider, You can put me down for litrature. Since that is the most valued advance we can get. We need that GL ASAP.

Can we hire one of the other civ's to build it for us? We only have 3 cities and can't spare the production to build a Wonder right now. To bad we're stuck in this form of Government.

Originally posted by Cyc
Can we hire one of the other civ's to build it for us? We only have 3 cities and can't spare the production to build a Wonder right now. To bad we're stuck in this form of Government.

Cyc.... We would have been stuck in this form of goverment for atleast 20 more turns (maybe 40.... 3 cities with a gov might make the research time in the 30 turns)

If anything the production of the GL(Great Library) and libries might speed up are path to monarcy.

What is all of this talk about getting the GL?

On this level, and with only three cities under our control, there is ZERO chance we will be getting the GL built ourselves. We would have been better served capturing the GL if it is nearby, and focusing our limited science beakers on a path that would assist us.

Top Bottom