football thread no 10

Seems more like having the coach in New York plus the accumulated exhaustion to me (Barça typically performs much poorly around February or March).

OTOH, Real looked fantastic. Defensively hardly put a foot wrong, and lethal on the counter attack.

IMO the problem with Barca is simply that Messi is out of form. Stick Villa up in attack from the start. That's my completely uninformed opinion, from watching the Real Madrid game, and the highlights of the AC Milan game.

A lot of British clubs have replaced their manager with their assistant and its gone horribly wrong so maybe Barcelona having to turn to their second choice replacement has generated the same issues.

Then again they are still miles ahead in the league and lost by a single goal so its not the worst situation.

Also our current coach is actually the assistant of the formal coach (that's what severe health problems do), who was as you said the former assistant coach. Sure that counts for something.

A lot of British clubs have replaced their manager with their assistant and its gone horribly wrong so maybe Barcelona having to turn to their second choice replacement has generated the same issues.

Then again they are still miles ahead in the league and lost by a single goal so its not the worst situation.

Bob Paisley is the exception that prooves the rule

Pangur Bán;12217132 said:
Have no idea how the Man Utd Real game will go. Don't think Man Utd have the quality Real have, but Fergie is a more experienced manager than Jose. Be interesting ... have a feeling a bad refereeing decision will play a big role, in which case whoever loses will end up blaming the referee rather than their own team.

Pangur Bán;12222218 said:
I thought the choice of referee was basically UEFA's way of trying to get Real through btw, since Real like to dive and that referee is famous for his love of red cards. I genuinely think UEFA works like this. But though it turned out not to be so in this game, I'll be interested to see the referee in the next leg.

Don't know about the second one, but I was definitely right about the first. :D

Do we just make seasonal threads? Everywhere except the Brasileirão is played on the same schedule.
Bob Paisley is the exception that prooves the rule
And then his successor, and his. Liverpool had a good thing going there, and they even kept it going after the European ban.

Top Bottom