1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

for when, the zulus?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Jim Bro, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Bro

Jim Bro Emperor of Quebec

why the songhai when the zulus and ethiopia were better?

2. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Emperor

1. Because for an average kid from target audience Songhai, Siam, Zulu and Ethiopia are even more fantastic and out-of-this-world than Zergs and Protoss' - they have no clue and they don't care, whereas old fans would go "ooh a new thing! Great!" so that would stall them long enough to not see the shortcomings of the release.

2. So that Zulu, Ethiopia and "The Danes" can be sold separately later on. I mean, Ski Infantry? Bring them on, what a splendid idea! :rolleyes:

3. oopsy poopsy

oopsy poopsy Warlord

Pretty much this, although maybe with less snark.

BTW, how is it remotely possible that the Danes, namely vikings, don't have a longship that is an oceangoing trireme? Like seriously how could they end up with ski infantry over this? Polynesia has ocean going ability early (and when it comes to eye rolling, the culture producing moai improvement definitely fits that category for me) , why not the Vikings?

4. Horizons

Horizons Needing fed again!

The developers/program leads are 'too cool for school' and refuse to do anything that might please the old-time civvers.

5. TImithius

TImithius Chieftain

What do you mean? Songhai was the largest African Empire with a military force unbeatable by other Africans (emphasis on other Africans they were destroyed by the Europeans guns) They wer a powehouse of trade and knowledge, a truly pious and powerful nation. i personally would rather have the Mali, but Songhai is still a really good stood civilization to add(much better than the zulu)

6. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

i played civ4 and I don't want to see the same faces from that game in this game...

7. jtb1127

jtb1127 Deity

Pretty much. I like the Zulu better too.

8. Noatz

Noatz Warlord

Variety is the spice of life...

9. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

Moderator Action: We have a dedicated thread for posting about what civs you want in the game. Here. Please use it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.