Foreign Affairs - 1570 A.D.: Who do we attack next?

Who's the next victim... errr... winner?

• The Kingdom of Russia (Already at war)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The Queendom of Spain (Already at war)

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • The Republic of Persia (Already at war)

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • The Kingdom of Greece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Kingdom of India

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Don't attack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The New United Fanatican Republic :hmm:

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
We have nearly removed King Canute and the Vikings from the face of the Earth. Our next question is: Who do we attac, err..., 'show the Fanatican light' now?

Lenin, Isabella, Xerxes, Alexander, Gandhi... please choose now.

This a much needed poll. We are planning to finish off the Vikings first, right? I see our Queen has planned to subvert Jorvik immediately. Is there any advantage to leaving one Viking city?

Antioch & Persians. A possibility. They have nice land, easily defended at Arbela Mtns, close to Boreum Islands. But we must build up significantly before somehow capturing Antioch, methinks.

Spanish? Remember Cadiz? That was City#10. We can see Barcelona, Valancia & Cordoba, cities #7,5,4. So perhaps nibble at the Spanish as we clear out the Vikings, Jorvik.

We need to reorganize the army's home cities.
  • Let's pillage all fortresses in Scandanavia, so they can't be used against us by Barbs.
  • No Dips in Scandanavia, need to rebuild network,
    Viborg: Dip, Dip.   Kaupang: switch Musket to Dip in 3, Temple.
  • Hladir Granary: build series of Engineers.
  • Beautiful city sites: V5 Whale E 3SE of Hladir, V6 Whale E 2SE of Trond, V4 Forest Fish 3NE of Uppsala.
  • Troops in Scandanavia: 2 Cannon in Trondheim, 9 captured Muskets in the 4 cities, 5 War Dragoons, a few other Muskets.
  • The CJ Musket west of Kaupang and the Skara Musket N of Viborg can be turned back and used anywhere else immediately.
  • Trondheim Barracks, Musket in 2, sell Barracks, build Temple.
  • Lindholm: sw Van to Temple, sell Barracks.
  • Aarhus: sw Van to Temple, Keep this one Barracks? or Trondheim's?
  • Finish the Temples, build Dips, rehome units per plan TBD (To Be Determined), ship army of 12+ units whereever ... in 10 turns.
  • Could send some to Jorvik Island, still available to attack India along with main force.
I haven't voted yet, but am leaning toward India or Persia- the closest.

I definately think bribe Antioch and Marco's first, and have a look at the competition. I'm split between Persians and Spanish. The Spanish, because that's where our troops are nearest and they are already caught up in a war with India. However, they are allied with other forces nearby who may counter-attack. The Persians are on their own. We've seen Gordium is defended with phalanx and the stongest unit they've attacked us with is a knight. I think leave the Indians for a little longer and get more trade with them.

So, I'm going to vote Persia and Spain!

I'm also leaning toward Persia. They are much closer, and pose a more immeadiate threat, and we know where they are.

India: we should leave them alone for now. We have a rather productive trade arrangment with them.

Spain: I don't know. From what I can tell, there are two possible landmasses they could be on. Any attack on them would mean we would have to look for the majority of their cities. We don't even know where Madrid is!

Let's go after Persia...

They may be closer to our Islands, but not our troops. I'm not sure how many turns (and ships) we want to use to move our troops from one front to another.

I would go Vikings, Spanish, Russians, Persians, just flow from one to the other. The Spanish and Russians could go very quickly once we take out their capital and buy the rest of their cities......?

We can keep the Indians alive as trade partners or add them into the mix at any time.

First my opinion was to attack the Persians, however they are quite weak: they've got big cities but only a few and their military isn't that big and powerful either from what we've seen. I don't feel they are such a great threat. After bribing Antioch they may be so scared of us that they won't bother us for a long time!
The only thing is that they've got this very nice land east of them: completely empty and all shielded grassland which I would like to settle with nice NUF cities so I'm a bit afraid that they might attack us whenever we decide to settle there.

The Spanish are at the moment my favourites to attack: when we take out the Vikings we're already on an island where the Spanish have had at least one city (we took it from them) and I would be very surprised if there weren't more Spanish cities there on that island!

Important when we want to take out the Spanish are two things:
- We must know where they've got their capitol so we can attack it and bribe their cities cheap.
- They've got SunTzu's in Barcelona, good thing is that we know where Barcelona is!

We must decide, will we attack Madrid and then bribe Spanish cities including Barcelona or will we first bribe Barcelona and then go after Madrid by force?
Having SunTzu's will strengthen our armies and weaken Spanish armies.

Is it worth trying to trade maps with the Indians again? They are at war with the Spanish and may know where some of the cities are.

Similarly, we could try the Greeks. They are near the Russians, who are allied with the Spanish and may also have exchanged maps or explored.

I think it's a good idea, they know our map anyway so it's only fair if we know their's. And maybe we can better our reputation, which we'd have to do. I know it doesn't matter, but I like having a spotless reputation.:)
What would the effect be of gifting sanitation to a few, or all, other civs? Would they stay small, grow all cities large, or grow a few large? It'd be nice if each civ had a few big cities we could trade with. I usually don't gift sanitation, which is why I ask. I have noticed though that they hardly grow their cities if they have sanitation anyway, only at the end of the game can I see a few large cities.:(

I'll cast my vote if favor of Spain if we know where the rest of Spain is. When I attack, I prefer to know what I'm attacking.

Trading maps with India and Greece is a good idea.

I voted to attack Spain but we need to explore their coast to see where their cities are or when we can exchange maps we can go after them right away! :D

Top Bottom