1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] What Civilizations do you want to see next? And do you want Civilization 6 to be expanded more? 2

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Duke William of Normandy, Nov 10, 2020.

?

Which of these Civilizations do you want to see in Civ 6?

1. Numidia

21.3%
  2. Wales

12.8%
  3. Hittites

57.4%
  4. Afghanistan

23.4%
  5. Bohemia

14.9%
  6. Armenia

19.1%
  7. Anglo-Saxons

12.8%
  8. Dacia

4.3%
  9. Timurids

25.5%
  10. Wallachia

10.6%
  11. Ireland

14.9%
  12. Sassanids

14.9%
  13. Shawnee

14.9%
  14. Switzerland

12.8%
  15. Texas

10.6%
  16. Carolingian

6.4%
  17. Mexico

23.4%
  18. Sicily

6.4%
  19. Lithuania

8.5%
  20. Swahili

17.0%
  21. Albania

6.4%
  22. Venice

21.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

Where do you feel it would be appropriate

perhaps either at the start of the thread or in your banner or at the start of each expansion post (Kings and Generals to The Forgotten)

2. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

Maybe in my Info and Signature.

3. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

4. PaperPaulo

PaperPaulo Chieftain

I have another contestant for a Native American Civilization, from Central America, if you wish to know...

Arawak Civilization
    Arawak Leader: Agueybana

Leader Ability: Paradise Islands
    Rainforest Tiles adjacent to Coastal Tiles gain +2 Gold with at least 2 adjacent Coastal Tiles and scales with technologies and civics for more Food, Gold and Culture, Coastal Tiles adjacent to Rainforest Tiles gain +2 Food with at least 2 adjacent Rainforest Tiles and scales with technologies and civics for more Food, Gold and Culture (Lake Tiles doesn’t count for this Ability as Coastal Tiles)

Leader Agenda: Guardian of Paradise
    Likes leaders who keeps Rainforest preserved and who keeps Global Warming at lowest levels, Hates leaders who chopped all Rainforest from their lands and who raises Global Warming into higher levels

Civ. Ability: Curare Handling
    Ranged and Recon Class Units has +5 Attack Strength against Wounded Units, and earn 50% of Defeated Unit Strength as Culture on Kill (other Class Units have no bonuses)

Civ. Unique Unit: Blowgunner
    Replaces Slinger, has +15 Attack Strength against Melee and Anti-Cavalry Class Units, Upgrades directly into Crossbowman instead of Archer, Arawak civilization starts with a Blowgunner instead of Warrior

Civ. Unique Improvement: Slash and Burn Farm
    Available at Irrigation Technology, it is similar to Farm without replacing it, produces +1 Food like a Farm and also produces +1 Hammer, +1 Food with 2 adjacent Coastal Tiles at Feudalism, +1 Hammer with 2 adjacent Slash and Burn Farms at Feudalism, +1 Food per adjacent Coastal Tile at Replaceable Parts, +1 Hammer per adjacent Slash and Burn Farm at Replaceable Parts, can only be placed in a Rainforest tile, doesn’t remove Rainforest feacture when built (Lake Tiles doesn't count for this Improvement as Coastal Tiles)

Civ. Start Bias: Coastal (Tile), Rainforest (Tile)

References
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agüeybaná_II
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taíno
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_preta

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Henri Christophe likes this.
  5. caketastydelish

caketastydelish Deity

I really liked Venice in Civ V because of their unique playstyle. If the Huns came back they could do something similar, maybe they start off without a settler or something because they never founded cities of their own.

6. Ryansinbela

Ryansinbela Prince

The Vandals have a similar mechanic (They can only found cities by conquering a Barbarian encampment or founding a pantheon)

7. Duke William of Normandy

To represent their Barbarian origins, the Great Migration, and their beliefs in Arian Christianity.

8. cengiz

cengiz Chieftain

The Hittite was one of the most great kingdom in the first age history. Also first peace treaty in the world realised between Egypt Empire and Hittite Empire. For that I thik is the big deficiency whis is not exist in civ 6 and also can be USSR, The Hun, First Turkic Khaganate, Khmer Empire, Seljuk Empire, Asyrians, The Goths, The Lydia, Amazones, Kingdom of Judah/ Kingdom of Israel, Mughal Empire, Holy Roman Empire.

9. Duke William of Normandy

Khmer Empire is already in Civ 6, the HRE is somewhat represented by Frederick Barbarossa, and the Seljuks, Mughals, Goths, and Israelites are all Civilizations ideas I have done.

10. Red Khan

Red Khan Warlord

You could use Tamerlane's real correspondence with Ottoman Sultan Bayezid I, there are some really nice quotes there.For example:
    More about it.

11. Duke William of Normandy

Great quotes. :D However, I, Mr. Salt I mean, doesn't really use historical quotes for dialogue. Firaxis rarely does either.

12. Red Khan

Red Khan Warlord

I have an impression that it mainly depends on the translator - some really go through great efforts and some... take it easily.
    There is also this quote from Andrew Johnson:
    But your idea - your decision of course. :)

13. Andrew Johnson [FXS]

Andrew Johnson [FXS] Warlord

It differs. Some people have well-documented sayings and quotations, so you can get everything directly. Others have enough that you can create a kind of character sketch. Still others (Ba Trieu, Ambiorix) have very, very little (or nothing) and you have to kind of invent a character based upon what might be interesting or fun and then write for that character. Trieu, for instance, only has the one, probably anachronistic, "ride storms" quotation, so I had to elaborate a bit. I wrote lines based on her agenda, and based on the overall concept of a "turtle civ that keeps grudges." Ambiorix I went with the "jolly but murderous" notion based on how he's depicted in Roman history. Another thing I do is to try to incorporate idiomatic phrases from the original language in the dialogue.

I don't really know the previous writers' processes, and I only did a part of the NFP lines (a lot of the non-voiced ones are me, and some of the later civs' lines are mine), as I joined about a year ago. Some may have been more faithful, others may have relied more on a character they'd created.

14. Mr. Salt

Mr. Salt Warlord

I'm the one who writes all this dialogue on his Grace the Duke's behalf. If anyone has suggestions about a leader's dialogue, I encourage you to reach out to me.

15. Duke William of Normandy

Indeed. I wouldn't have any other person do it for me. :D

Mr. Salt likes this.