1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fox-02 -- Praying to the RNG God

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by GreyFox, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Rex Tyrannus

Rex Tyrannus 280lbs of gross stupidity

Fox, I finished up Fox 3 over an hour ago.

Edit: Knucklehead! I figured it's your SG, you probably subscribed to it. You want me to PM you anytime I post, now?

2. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Ya, I saw that ... :p

3. Rex Tyrannus

So what the hell are you lurking here for? Go read my Fox3 report and tell me what a :smoke:y set it was!

4. n0xie

n0xie OCC-addict

Well I'm dead tired atm, so I most likely won't be playing tonight. I'm grabbing a movie and some munchies, and go to bed early. Work has been hectic the last week. If anyone cares for a swap, feel free to do so, else I'll play tomorrow.

(although fiddling about with cossacks IS my fav pastetime...)

5. Rex Tyrannus

Paul, I hope you don't mind, but I posted your Galleon screenie in the Funny Screen Shots thread off the General Forum. I gave you (and this SG) full credit.

6. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

:lol: no problem. It did tickle me to see our transport ship on a one square lake :lol:

'Land Ho!'
    'Bearing?'
    'Er... Everywhere!'

7. Rex Tyrannus

Nice. I actually laughed out loud on that. My wife asked me what was so funny and I told her. She sort of shrugged and looked at me as if she's reevaluating her decision to marry me.

8. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

:D

How long have you been married rex? I find it bizzarre how we keep getting snippets of each others' lives but know so little about each other.

9. Rex Tyrannus

Married 7 years.
    Son age 5 (six in August). I don't know what month that is in Australia. ;)
    Daughter about to turn 1.
    6 foot 4 inches tall. (193 cm)
    275 ish lbs weight. (125 ish Kg)
    Tighty whities and boxers depending on how close it is to laundry day.
    31 years old.
    Favorite position: 4

Anything else you'd like to know?

10. omni_paul

omni_paul Mr. Shambles

Ha... I guess I asked for it huh.

Married 7 years @ 31... that's er... married at 24! Wow, scary stuff. I'm 29 in August and yet to be tied down. Pray that it remains so ;)

11. Rex Tyrannus

Kid at 25 scared me a hell of a lot more. I volunteered for marriage.

12. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Jeez, what has fox-02 becomes, a pen-pal information exchange thread!?

@n0xie: no problem, go take your rest. I am starting to feel the pull of weight from SGs myself, so its nice to slow down for one day.

Just so that next player need not go back to the previous page:

EDIT:List of RNGod's 18 Commandments and 6 Punishments

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
    - Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
    - 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
    - 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
    - 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
    - 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
    - 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
    - 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
    - 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
    - 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
    - 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
    - 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
    - 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
    - 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
    - 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
    - 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Completed 1846AD, 11 turns.
    - 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1846AD, Completed 1856AD, 5 turns.
    - 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1856AD, Yet to Complete, 3 more cities, 28 turns Remaining.

--

Roster
    -- GreyFox == By the Pedestal
    -- Dantski
    -- rex_tyranus
    -- omni_paul == Back to the Temple
    -- n0xie == UP for Prayers

-- mucco == autoskip until computer is healthy again (its been quite a while, you still there, mucco?)

13. n0xie

n0xie OCC-addict

Pregame assessment.

We're at war and we got Cossacks :goodjob:
    We're generally unhappy because of this and we don't have emancipation, police state or free speech. I'm tempted to revolt immediatly but there is probably a reason why we go by these civics so I'll leave them alone.

Since rex likes his ships so much:

Since we're at war with 2 of the 3 AI's I decided to become friends with nappy. He's generally pleased with us except that we declared war on his friends (-2). To prove that I'm a much better friend than the rest I decide to bribe him to declare war on his other friends which he gladly accepts :p

And thus I press enter.

I move around our troops and divide them into 3 stacks. One will sweep over Isabella and give her some passionate lesbian spank inferno on her last 3 cities to the East, the other small stack will take Birmingham since that will connect Hun with the rest of our New Empire and the other stack will wait in Hun to join the main army to take Warwick, and then the rest of Vicky.

A bunch of stuff gets build on the old mainland. That doesn't really matter much. I start some Missionaries for our RNG God to spread to the new land. we'll convert those heathens yet.

We raze obviously.

It seems like we're in the lead ;)

Nappy joins the fun.

We also take Birmingham but I lost the screenie of that. Sorry my autologger was acting up again so no detailed report and due to time constraints only 5 turns. I'll gift the next 5 to Greyfox. Troops are under way to take Warwich, and the 2nd front is about to annihilate Isabella. I let the French join the war so the AI will empty it's reserves and throw them at Vicky. That will make him weaker later on, thus easier for our Cossacks ;)

We have way too many cannons. Cossacks alone can be effective enough, with or without 80% city defense. Taking Vicky will be slow since we'll have to wait for the cannons to move.

Imho we should change civics, set science slider to 0 and just upgrade our army. We have clearly won this game anyway, might as well end it fast...

14. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Hmm .. I should install an addedum that players are not allowed to play half-turnsets ... :lol: ... hmm ... does that means I am suppose to play 15? :eek:

Okay, I se we have nappy in the war with a very cheap price. :goodjob:

From what I can tell, the war is going on well ... All we need to do is to sweep south. I may sneaks a few galleons worth of army to the south of Vicky's land and do a two-pronged attack.

Concur on changing civics and reducing science to 0 -- that depends on RNGod's next assignment ... for the first time, I hope it is not "learn a new tech" but to "capture 3 cities" :D

--

List of RNGod's 18 Commandments and 6 Punishments

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
    - Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
    - 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
    - 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
    - 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
    - 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
    - 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
    - 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
    - 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
    - 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
    - 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
    - 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
    - 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
    - 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
    - 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
    - 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Completed 1846AD, 11 turns.
    - 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1846AD, Completed 1856AD, 5 turns.
    - 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1856AD, Yet to Complete, 3 more cities, 23 turns Remaining.

--

Roster
    -- GreyFox == UP for Prayers
    -- Dantski == By the Pedestal
    -- rex_tyranus
    -- omni_paul
    -- n0xie == Back to the Temple Not allowed to rest in the Temple for playing only half the turns :(

-- mucco == autoskip until computer is healthy again (its been quite a while, you still there, mucco?)

15. Rex Tyrannus

Fox, you've got 20. I only played 5, too.

Regarding cities, maybe we should keep a few and begin spreading out over a bit of the total landmass? ;)

Vicky's got a southern island, too, with about 3 weak cities. Just thought I'd remind everyone.

And man, Nappy can be bought cheap, huh?

16. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Then I will play 10 as well, treat it as you and n0xie sharing one turnset. But how did it end up with a 1866 as year number is beyond me.

--

17. Rex Tyrannus

The patch probably screwed with our year numbers. Maybe just take it to a round number, Fox?

Edit:

Incidentally, five turns in industrial era wartime is a good bit of effort. I, for one, have no qualms with players only taking 5 this late in an SG. Especially when one of those players is me :).

Edit 2: Head scratching. My save ended at 1840. Paul's at 1860. n0xie's at 1866. n0Xie, did you play 3 or 6?

18. Dantski

Dantski Warlord

I would definitely prefer if we only had to play 5 turns this late on the game.

Otherwise I'll have to go back to the pen and paper routine of writing reports.

19. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Alrighty, change of rule: each player who is up can play 5 to 10 turnsets to his discretion.

n0xie ... you are still barred from resting inside the temple for playing only 3 turns :lol:

-

20. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

Hmm .. our task is to spread religion and I see just 3 missionaries being built ... okay ... I am feeling lucky tonight.

While missionaries are being hoarded to the ships ... (fortunately, we do have some ships that are not trapped in the one tile sea), since we are feeling all merciful tonight, let's put Isa out of her misery, shall we?

Turn 303 (1866 AD)

Cossack defeats (5.76/18): Spanish Longbowman
    Cossack defeats (2.70/18): Spanish Longbowman
    Cossack defeats (11.88/18): Spanish Pikeman
    Cossack defeats (18.00/18): Spanish Catapult
    Judaism has spread: Santiago (Spanish Empire)
    Confucianism has spread: Santiago (Spanish Empire)
    Judaism has spread: Santiago
    Confucianism has spread: Santiago
    Captured Santiago (Isabella)

Bye bye, Pouty Pants. Its fun raging through your lands.

And of-course, I razed that city.

Razed Santiago

And then, its vicky's turn ... to die ...

Turn 304 (1868 AD)

Moscow begins: Machine Gun
    St. Petersburg begins: Bank
    Madras begins: Cossack
    Barcelona begins: Confucian Temple
    Cossack defeats (7.20/18): English Maceman
    Cossack defeats (5.40/18): English Longbowman
    Judaism has spread: Oxford (English Empire)
    Judaism has spread: Oxford
    Captured Oxford (Victoria)

Razed Oxford
    Judaism has spread: Oxford
    Oxford lost

Sorry, no more Oxford.

While we are at it, might as well rid us of the vile victorian city in our old world ....

Cossack promoted: Medic I
    Cossack promoted: Shock
    Cossack promoted: Combat I
    Cossack defeats (18.00/18): English Longbowman
    Captured Reading (Victoria)
    Razed Reading
    Reading lost

Judaism has spread: Santiago
    Confucianism has spread: Santiago
    Santiago lost

Madras finishes: Buddhist Missionary

Let's check our missionaries ... okay, the 3rd one is trained and loaded up the transport ... meanwhile, on the other side of the world, the cleansing continues ...

Turn 305 (1870 AD)

Yaroslavl' begins: Frigate
    Bombay begins: Frigate
    Cossack defeats (5.04/18): English Pikeman
    Cossack defeats (12.96/18): English Longbowman

Judaism has spread: Warwick (English Empire)
    Judaism has spread: Warwick
    Captured Warwick (Victoria)

Warwick was kept ... can't do too many razing in one turnsets ...

Turn 306 (1872 AD)

Finally, the missionaries landed ...

Buddhism has spread: Madrid

That is #1.

Buddhism has spread: Barcelona

And that is #2.

Turn 307 (1874 AD)

Buddhism has spread: Birmingham

and here is #3. Mission completes. I am indeed lucky tonight. :D

Time To Roll

:woohoo: I AM REALLY LUCKY. Just what I wanted:

6: Capture or Found 3 more cities.