Fox-02 -- Praying to the RNG God

You aren't kidding, Paul.

I'm up it this one, The Sun Never Sets, Trying to be Special, OCC/Diplo, and I just played my turns in ROTQM. That took all f--ing night to play, too.! :mad: .

Anyway, I can play tomorrow, but I won't have an elegant/pretty report. I'm going mercenary, here.

Paul, if you're bored waiting for me to wake up, go ahead and jump in front.

First of all I look at our conquered lands and realize that I'm totally pissed that Vicky's culture completely encapsulates Hun and nearly does so with Madrid. To me, Nottingham (size 6), and Birmingham (size 1) shouldn't have enough culture to press us that hard.

That's my biggest gripe about Civ4. Culture does not behave that way.

So anyhow, I see that we've got infinite power and Vicky sucks eggs. So I demand Corporation for free. The ***** says no, but I really couldn't care less.

Turn 1

Democracy => Scientific Method.

Barcelona ends revolution and begins a Theater. Dehli: Aqueduct => Budhist Monastery. Monasteries will be obsolete after Scientific Method, so I should check to see how many missionaries we can build. I switch Moscow to a Christian Monastery. St. Pete switched to a Hindu Monastery. I also switch Barcelona to a Jewish Monastery.

Madrid can build the Islamic Monastery, but it'll take 10 turns. I don't think we'll ever be able to spread much Islam. Same deal with Confucianism. :shrug: Anyhow, I decide to switch research to Railroads (due in 7) to give time for our Monasteries.

Rome celebrates "We love the PM day" and, coincidentally, its mine turns into a gold mine. Sweet!

I also turn the culture slider up to 30% for a couple of turns. We've got some surplus gold and some nasty culture crunch.

Next a couple of cossacks pillage some "yet to be claimed" former spanish tiles.

Turn 2

Bombay begins a courthouse (forgot what it finished). Rome still loves the PM and Wang Xizhi is born in London. Every body Wang Xizhi tonight!

I'm doing some espionage into the ugly brit. We've got mid-level stackage in Coventry

Nil defense in Warwick.

Almost Nil in Canterbury.

Less in Hastings

Mini-stack in Nottingham

Nil in Birmingham

That leaves London and York in England Proper that I've not yet scouted. Oxford's also on that continent, but it's pretty much in "Doesn't Make a Difference Land".

Strike that, Oxford's got a mace and a longbow.

Turn 3

Novogrod: University => Hindu Missionary. Bangalore: Theater => Budhist Monastery. Madras: Librabry => Budhist Missionary. Dehli: Budhist Monastery => Budhist Missionary.

Rene Descartes born in London. That's two GP in two turns in London. I'm horrible with remembering which buildings/techs give free GP. Anyone know?

Have we spied Newcastle yet?

A look at London, lightly defended.

And finally, York

Vicky's just begging for a spanking. I'll move our troops back to prime for the war I just know RNGod's going to throw our way! Yay Yipee Skippy!

Turn 4

Yaroslavl: Christian Temple=>Ironclad. Barcelona: Jewish Monastery=>Jewish Missionary. Rome: Barracks=>University. St. Pete: Hindu Monastery=>Grocier. Moscow: Christian Monastery=>Grocier.

Turn 5

Novgorod: Hindu Missionary=>Hindu Missionary. Delhi: Budhist Missionary=>Budhist Missionary.

Our sixth university completes in Antium and I immediately switch Moscow to Oxford University. MM for production and it's due in 9.

Hun comes out of revolution and I begin a theater. This is why we must kill Vicky.

Say it with me: Kill Vicky.

I sent a budhist missionary to Calcutta. He's in the city, but his movement is spent. That will be convert #1 for the next player.

We've got 6 workers on the new continent with nothing to do. I sent them into Barcelona for their own protection. We'll be able to railroad up our empire in a few turns.

I put a hindu missionary in a galleon near Moscow to infect the new world. That's when I noticed that we've got 2 GP snoozing in Moscow. We could start a golden age, or research some tech. Let's not leave them sitting there.

Summary:

I only played 5 for time constraints. Sorry, Fox. These were builder turns. I built no military (as we have enough for three holocausts). I did build several missionaries to sacrifice to RNGod. Yummy.

We're primed to remove Vicky and Izzy both, and I suggest we do so soon.

No problem Rex, great turns, albeit only half, and great write-up!!! And thanks for the details for Vicky's miserable pitiful defense. I'm sure RNGod get the message. ;)

All hail the RNGod! :worship:

I am puzzled: so what if SciMeth obsoletes Monastry? I thought it only means that monastry can no longer give +25% reserach, but you should still be able to build missionaries, isn't that so?

As for free GP: Economy give GM, Music gives GA, Physics give GS, and Fusion gives GE. That's abt it.

--

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
- Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
- 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
- 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
- 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
- 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
- 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
- 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
- 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
- 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Yet to Complete, 3 more cities, 22 turns Remaining.

--

Roster
-- GreyFox
-- Dantski
-- rex_tyranus == Back to the Temple
-- omni_paul == UP for Prayers
-- n0xie == By the Pedestal

-- mucco == autoskip until computer is healthy again

Re: Monasteries, Fox. After SciMed, you can't build them anymore. (edit) I looked around and we had very few--if any--monasteries. Without Monasteries, you can't build missionaries unless you have the right civics/religion combo. We're not spiritual, so the constant anarchy would suck.

We now have enough monasteries to prostyltize all religions except (I think) Daoism and Confucianism. That'll get our shrine incomes up.

Edit 2: It's Islam and Confucianism we can't spread. Taoism is someone else's religion to spread before we capture the holy city.

The Russian people were in a period of reflection and religious contemplation when Paul the Acquirer took the throne. Always obsessed with the unknowable and unpredictable nature of the universe, his people were fascinated by the effects of spreading religions to new cities, at random of course. Missionaries were being trained and recruited all over the empire, and it wouldn't be long until these people of short attention span looked for new ways to satisfy their love of the random.

First things first. HOLY FLURKING SHMIDT, we're running -115 gpt @ 70% research!!! I may just slide that back to 50% for -8gpt. I understand why we're running the culture (to avoid the crunch in Old Spain), but let's not bankrupt ourselves!

Sweet merciful crap do we have a lot of cossacks. Seems a shame not to be at war while these things are still modern.

Oh by the way, Vicky has signed a protection pact with Izzy. That could make things interesting. Delicate situation if you ask me.

Turn 290 (1840 AD) - Inherited Turn
Novgorod finishes: Hindu Missionary
Madras finishes: Buddhist Missionary
Calcutta finishes: Granary
Delhi finishes: Buddhist Missionary
Barcelona's borders expand
Barcelona finishes: Jewish Missionary
Hun's borders expand

A veritable truckload of missionaries finish IBT. I'm guessing Rex was building not only for the quest, but for some extra culture in Old Spain. Gotcha.

Judaism has spread: Birmingham (English Empire)

I didn't do that one so it doesn't count.

Turn 291 (1842 AD)
Novgorod begins: Theatre
Madras begins: Theatre
Calcutta begins: Theatre
Delhi begins: University
Barcelona begins: Theatre
Judaism has spread: Madrid

That was me. 1/3.

Cossack promoted: Medic I
Cossack promoted: Shock
Cossack promoted: Combat I
Cossack promoted: Pinch
Cannon promoted: Combat I
Buddhism has spread: Calcutta

Me too. 2/3.

Rostov finishes: Observatory
Madras finishes: Theatre

Turn 292 (1844 AD)
Rostov begins: Theatre
Madras begins: Cannon
Golden Age begins

I remember that Rex said I could start a GA with our 2 GP's in Moscow. Well this way it end to coincide with the end of my turnset. Yes, get that people, when I step down, our golden age ends. How appropriate (not).

Tech learned: Railroad

I been workin' on the railroad... sing it with me... all the random day.

St. Petersburg finishes: Grocer
Novgorod finishes: Theatre
Rostov finishes: Theatre
Bangalore grows: 12
Bangalore finishes: Buddhist Monastery
Madras grows: 12
Antony van Leeuwenhoek (Great Scientist) born in Yaroslavl'
Bombay grows: 12
Barcelona finishes: Theatre
Confucianism has spread: Chartres (French Empire)

Love to take credit for that, but wasn't me. Or as Bart would say, I didn't do it. <hysterical laughter>

Turn 293 (1846 AD)
Research begun: Combustion
St. Petersburg begins: Theatre
Novgorod begins: The Statue of Liberty
Rostov begins: Grocer
Bangalore begins: University
Barcelona begins: Courthouse
Hinduism has spread: Norwich (English Empire)

Hey Norwich... do you, ah, Hindu?

HINDUUUUUUU-HU!

Yippee!! RNGod appeased! Time for a brief ROLLING INTERLUDE!

BRIEF ROLLING INTERLUDE:

I consult the mystical naughty dice of Rex's wife's dirty friend (when will we see a photo, Rex?).

Die 1: 6
Die 2: 1

6 * 1 = 6! (Not again!)

Capture or found 3 more cities. Sigh. If I must. Let's walk the diplomatic tightrope and invade Spain.

In fact, on closer inspection, Izzy only has 3 cities left. How convenient. Eliminate her, and Vicky's protection pact disappears. Sounds like a plan.

Pikeman promoted: Combat I
Cossack promoted: Combat II

I also add Mr van Leeuwenhoek to Moscow as a superscientist.

St. Petersburg finishes: Theatre
Bombay finishes: Courthouse
Madrid finishes: Library

Turn 294 (1848 AD)

Lookie what the barbies are gifting us:

I wander a pike up to have a look see.

St. Petersburg begins: Cannon
Bombay begins: Barracks
Madrid begins: Jewish Temple
Hinduism has spread: Hun

WAR TIME.

Cossack defeats (12.96/18): English Longbowman
Captured Leeds (Victoria)

Oops. Sorry Vicky. Declared war on me huh? Pay the price, biatch. 1/3.

Razed Leeds
Leeds lost

Here's an interesting side effect to the cancellation of open borders that came with Vicky's declaration.

You guard that lake, boys. Guard it good.

Yaroslavl' finishes: Ironclad
Calcutta finishes: Theatre
Bombay's borders expand
Horse Archer defeats (3.84/6): English Longbowman
Pikeman defeats (3.48/6): Barbarian Longbowman

Barbs have longbows now. Might just upgrade some of our homeland security forces (we have mostly archers and warriors defending our cities!!).

Turn 295 (1850 AD)
Yaroslavl' begins: Frigate
Calcutta begins: Cannon
Madras finishes: Cannon

Delhi finishes: University
Antium finishes: Observatory
Rome's borders expand
Bombay finishes: Barracks

Turn 296 (1852 AD)
Delhi begins: Cannon
Antium begins: Frigate
Bombay begins: Cannon
Cannon promoted: Barrage I
Galleon defeats (4.00/4): Spanish Caravel

The best reply to war Izzy seems to be able to muster is a stray caravel near Rome. How sad.

St. Petersburg finishes: Cannon
Hun finishes: Theatre

Turn 297 (1854 AD)
Hun begins: Library

I do a little Saville bombarding in preparation of taking the city. Vicky has mustered nothing to back up her declaration of war.

Moscow finishes: Oxford University
Rostov finishes: Grocer
Calcutta grows: 9
Delhi finishes: Cannon

Turn 298 (1856 AD)
Rostov begins: Globe Theatre
Delhi begins: Cannon
Cossack defeats (15.30/18): English Longbowman
Horse Archer defeats (3.66/6): English Catapult
Hinduism has spread: Norwich (English Empire)
Hinduism has spread: Norwich
Captured Norwich (Victoria)

Norwich falls. 2/3

Cossack loses to: Spanish Pikeman (0.24/6) <--- 89% +
Cossack defeats (12.24/18): Spanish Pikeman
Cossack defeats (9.90/18): Spanish Longbowman
Cossack defeats (9.90/18): Spanish Longbowman
Cossack defeats (12.96/18): Spanish Longbowman
Cossack defeats (12.60/18): Spanish Maceman
Cossack defeats (8.64/18): Spanish Crossbowman
Cossack defeats (16.02/18): Spanish Catapult
Cossack defeats (18.00/18): Spanish Catapult
Maceman defeats (7.28/8): Spanish Pikeman
Judaism has spread: Seville (Spanish Empire)
Confucianism has spread: Seville (Spanish Empire)
Judaism has spread: Seville
Confucianism has spread: Seville
Captured Seville (Isabella)

Seville falls. 3/3. Oops, that was quicker than I intended.

RNGod Appeased. Time for another....

BRIEF ROLLING INTERLUDE.

Or should that be inter-nude considering the online aspect and the nature of these dice?

Die 1: 4
Die 2: 3

4 * 3 = 12! Oh God why. Spread Religion again. Sigh, if I must. Actually screw it, the next player can do that, I'm continuing the war :).

Tech learned: Combustion

We can burn stuff.

Moscow finishes: Grocer
Rostov grows: 14
Madras finishes: Cannon
Yaroslavl' finishes: Frigate
Antium finishes: Frigate

Turn 299 (1858 AD)
Research begun: Corporation
Moscow begins: Colosseum
Yaroslavl' begins: Frigate
Antium begins: Frigate
Cossack promoted: Medic I
Cossack promoted: Shock
Cossack promoted: Sentry

St. Petersburg finishes: Cannon
Bombay finishes: Cannon
Barcelona finishes: Courthouse
Golden Age ends

Turn 300 (1860 AD)
Bombay begins: Cannon
Barcelona begins: Barracks

Frigate defeats (5.92/8): Spanish Caravel
Rifleman defeats (14.00/14): Barbarian Longbowman
Captured Mauryan (Barbarian)

Took the barb city in our north.

So I did a little stack healing and positioning. Vicky is yet to show her troops at all. War Weariness is a biatch because of Spain. We may wish to kill her quickly. Interestingly, Nappy can be persuaded to invade Vicky if we want to play the role of firestarter.

Would improve our relationship with the Little Man and keep the Big Girl off our back while we finish Pouty Pants. I'll leave that open for discussion and the next player can do it or not.

I say bring the shortie to war, easier to backstab him that way ... :evil: :satan:

Paul, you could at least build some missionaries ... :)

Actually, any lawyers around? I am wondering if "Spread any religion to 3 cities" should be interpreted as one single religion or can be different religions. :crazyeye:

--

RNGod's Assignments Thus Far
- Seek the RNG God: Started 4000BC, Completed 3240BC, 19 turns.
- 3x1: Learn Wonder-Enabling Tech: Started 3240BC, Completed 2280BC, 24 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 2280BC, Completed 1800BC, 11 turns.
- 1x5: Get Something for Free: Started 1800BC, Failed (Punishment: 2: Whip all cities).
- 5x4: Capture City w New Resources: Started 600BC, Completed 25BC, 25 turns.
- 2x3: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 0AD (or is it 0BC?), Completed 580AD, 24 Turns.
- 4x4: Capture 3 Cities from 3 Civs: Started 580AD, Failed (Punishment: 5: Declare war on most powerful Civ).
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1100AD, Completed 1280AD, 19 turns.
- 5x5: Capture City with World Wonder or Shrine: Started 1280AD, Completed 1370AD, 8 turns.
- 4x1: Kill N*5=30 Enemies: Started 1370AD, Completed 1585AD, 30 turns.
- 3x6: Add 10 XP to a Unit (named: Lucky-17): Started 1590AD, Completed 1740AD, 30 turns.
- 4x6: Learn New-Unit Tech: Started 1740AD, Completed 1745AD, 1 turn.
- 3x4: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1745AD, Completed 1795AD, 10 turns.
- 5x1: Get Something for Free: Started 1795AD, Completed 1824AD, 13 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1824AD, Completed 1846AD, 11 turns.
- 6x1: Capture or Found 3 more Cities: Started 1846AD, Completed 1856AD, 5 turns.
- 4x3: Spread any religion to 3 cities: Started 1856AD, Yet to Complete, 3 more cities, 28 turns Remaining.

--

Roster
-- GreyFox == By the Pedestal
-- Dantski
-- rex_tyranus
-- omni_paul == Back to the Temple
-- n0xie == UP for Prayers

-- mucco == autoskip until computer is healthy again

:lol: I didn't even think of that. Spread ANY religion to 3 cities. Could be interpreted either way I suppose... well the turn limit for that challenge isn't over, so the next player could choose to backtrack to that and call my subsequent 2 rolls void. Fox, care to provide an official ruling as variant master?

Regarding the ruling, Fox, I interpreted it as "infect any three cities with a religion they didn't previously have". It's your SG, though, your jurisdiction.

In any event, if the rule says it must be one religion, I think that should be a "next time" (which is now) addendum and we should move on in Paul's current RNG inspired direction.

My two shillings.

Top Bottom