Fox-40: Island Immortality (OCC-AW)

Do we swap to Pyramids as Masonry completes? Brponze Working might be the next option to chop the forested hill. The Wheel, Pottery, Fishing and Writing as well. We do want a religion, I still think CoL is the best option but Theology is intriguing as we probably want to build the AP for denial purposes.

With Inland Sea maps, we are likely to be able to get Great Lighthouse and Colossus if we really want them as they will go late as most AI are probably inland rather thanb sea based.

AP would give us 6 hameers from religious buidings, and that is not to shun in a OCC.... but I don't like going that way: we have other priorities like TGL. I doubt that we can get both.

BTW Oz, time for a sig update, methinks.

I agree with oz. Altough, GL vs AP is a choice that seems easy, to me it isn't. I think GL > AP, but we still might want to try and get the AP, esp when christianity gets founded late.

That's being too optimistic, we should go GLib and let the Legendary Builder nab us AP if he can.

Glad to see OCC-AW is still popular. I played this out myself. Interesting. In BtS there is no question on the National Park. I never cut forest in BFC and beeline to Biology.

Agree with berserkers. GL is more important and in this order we might have better chance of even getting both. Also, in the AP race we have a clue how far away the AI is when Christianity gets founded. BTW please keep an eye on the GPs born, first GA generally is the free one from music...

@Mark: great to see you around again. Yeah, I missed the OCC-AW we had, and decided start the series in BtS. We won in Monarch and Emperor, and here we are trying to conquer Immortal.

Now, the pryamids being 750 hammers, is going to take like 200 turns with 3 hammers (50% industrious here only add 1.5 which rounds down to 1 extra hammer). So, I don't think we should switch to Pyramids now, but instead let Paris continue with the barracks while waiting for it to grow (4~5 more turns) and pasture on the horse to be done (3~4 more turns).

We should also probably get BW after masonry just to reveal copper so as to add more hammers with a copper mine.

After BW, I'm open to either Mysticsm (to enable monument) or Fishing or Writing. Currently, I'm more inclined to Writing > Fishing (since we do not yet have happy issue to need mysticsm).

--

Heh so we have copper in bfc :p Copper mine will certainly help. Techpathwise, I say fishing and myst before writing as we won't delay mids for a library. Once we get writing, turn research to 0%.
A WB or monument can be switched into the queue and whipped without penalty and help with the mids.

Please study the first post with greater care -- esp the following words:

Resources that appeared within 3.5 tiles radius are also replicated, with the exception of one or two land-based health resources swapped with seafood.

The question is only whether I replicated them in such a way that they appear in the BFC or out of the BFC.

--

So, we have:
-horses
-cooper
-iron
-marble
-sheep
-corn
-rice
-pig
-silver
-uranium
And a certain bird told me that we have offshore oil :rolleyes:

Not bad..... But we don't have Al :cry: :p

I thought I had already mentioned abt oil:

Oil .... I wouldn't had forgotten it. I also remember the hassle of off-sea oil ... but I think we need vessels less in this game. So yes, I WB in an extra oil for us, but it was off-shore Afterall, the original start did not have oil. If I made it any easier, we might as well play Emperor.

It will be off-shore.

--

The list rolo1 has is neither complete nor accurate. I have mentioned changing some land-based food to seafood.

Any why do we need Al? Does planes require Al?

@GreyFox:

Yes, Jet Fighters, Stealth Bombers and Modern Armour need Aluminium.

Imhotep

Joke #1

Spoiler :
The husband sits at the breakfeast table with his wife. Suddenly she says: "Honey, we haven't had sex now for a long time." He raises an eyebrow and answer: "You..."

Joke #2

Spoiler :
Michael Ballack, Ruud van Niestelrooy and Thierry Henry are sitting in the hospital. Their women are giving birth and they are waiting for their new-born children.

The Doc comes out and says: "I have a good and a bad message for you. The good one: You are all three happy fathers with healthy children. The bad one: We have lost the cards with their names on it and can't tell now which baby belongs to whom."

Michael Ballack runs off and immediately grabs the black baby. Thierry Henry says: "Hey Michael, don't you think that this is rather mine ?" And Michael replies: " I don't care, the main thing is I don't get the dutch one..."

After Masonry came in I selected BW. Build order got switched to Pyramids after the pasture finished.

Toynbee tells us we are not really advanced ;) .

BW comes in.

And we have grassland copper. The state of our Happy Island:

The 'mids are currently finished in 49 turns, but that should drop rapidly once the Mine on the grass hill and the copper mine are finished. I selected Fishing after BW, but no beakers invested yet.

Imhotep

Spoiler The Log :

Logging by BUG Mod 3.0 [Build 1000] (BtS 3.13-3.17)
------------------------------------------------
Turn 41/750 (2975 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:28:52]

After End Turn:
Tech research finished: Masonry

Turn 42/750 (2950 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:29:14]
Research begun: Bronze Working (16 Turns)

Turn 44/750 (2900 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:31:13]
A Pasture was built near Paris

Turn 45/750 (2875 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:31:30]

After End Turn:
Paris grows to size 4

Turn 46/750 (2850 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:31:37]
Paris begins: The Pyramids (75 turns)

Turn 52/750 (2700 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:32:27]
A Pasture was built near Paris

Turn 53/750 (2675 BC) [01-Aug-2008 23:32:41]

After End Turn:
Paris grows to size 5