Freeze/Crash/Reboot

I can still run mine on all the highest settings with the underclocking + box fan. So far it's been very stable.

I updated my Nforce 2 mobo drivers will give civ a try today and see what happens. I thought mine were already updated but did it again incase the clean install took them out. Also we should not have to cripple our cards or go through all this to get the damn game to work. I am getting very disappointed in Fire-axis!!!

Thamer you came to this thread 2 Weeks ago and promised to look into our problem, Where are you??? A little update to know you havent forgotten us would be nice. I am begginning to feel a little ripped off now. $50 bucks and countless hours of trying to fix this POS you released early to get out for christmas sucks. The game rocks, your tech support is unbelievably crappy.

Well i was able to play 2 whole games in single player the other day but when i went to play on a huge map the game crashed.Also i think my video card is getting to hot for some reason this game causes the card to overheat and it freezes up and shuts off.So there must be a problem that is causing this.

Games are not programmed to take your card out of spec. It is the card or inadequate cooling in your computer. Could be a loose heat sink too on the gpu. But that card runs hot and needs constant attention to details. Case cooling, vid card cooling, power supply, and how it is connected all have to be perfect.
If you have a top notch power supply and good case cooling, then i would suggest you go get a new card.

If your game crashes try to install an overclocker for your memory card.

I used powerstrip to overclock my card after civilization 4 crashed and it hasn't crashed since.

don't overclock fullt just little by little until you see artifacts on the screen.

Here is the the thing about the card though i run bf2 at high setting's and the card doesnt have a problem with it.but with civ its getting extreamly hot.Now bf2 is a much more graphical game so why is civ the only game so far to cause it to overheat.If non of the other new and much more graphic games are having a problem with my video card but civ is it then leads me to believe its something with the game.Also i have had this card for about a year and so i know its not a faulty card.Next it seems to be everyone with this card also some lower video cards also,but they all seem to be the nividia chip though.Mayby they tested the game with only one brand of hardware and did not account for something with nividia cards or there drivers.

Now as i said before the game crashes only on huge maps and i havnt had a crash on a large map.This i find strange because the large and huge maps dont seem to be that much larger then each other to cause my card to overheat.Also i still crash when i try to play multiplayer games,but in single player as long as i play a large map i dont crash.

Brashagent, if you have posted your Dxdiag - could you point me at it ? If not, could you please post the dxdiag file ?

Regards
Zydor

Any other BFG 6800's played Single player without crashes? Single player seemingly works fine, I played a whole game through to the end 8 hours or so straight. I guess that takes overheating out of the picture. It really only seems to happen during multi-player (online or hotseat). I might try another single player and see if it still stable then another multiplayer to see if it still crashes and report back later. I am more convinced than ever though it is not overheating.

I have 6800 ultra and it crashes every now and a while. Usually works for couple of weeks if I remove the card and put it back in. And I toughed of overheating and bought couple of fans and it would simply be an impossibility that it overheats now and it still crashes and brings hippie colors all over my screen.

If you look at the "DxDiag Notes" section near the top, you have a debug version of d3d9d.dll running, could well cause problems - keep expectations level, may not be the complete solution, but it will not help to have that. You need to reinstall DirectX. There is an SDK release Dec 05 on the MS site, you get some SDK baggage with it, but you will get the latest DirectX version installed.

Try it, and post again if issues

Regards
Zy

Raider - My card is a BFG 6800 GT OC and it crashes on both multiplay and single play. Crashes are completely random. It has nothing to do with the size of the game really either. It's just annoying.

Gotta agree with Brashagent my GPU Core hits 82C running Civ4 no other game gets 2 that temp.

Raider62 said:
Any other BFG 6800's played Single player without crashes? Single player seemingly works fine, I played a whole game through to the end 8 hours or so straight. I guess that takes overheating out of the picture. It really only seems to happen during multi-player (online or hotseat). I might try another single player and see if it still stable then another multiplayer to see if it still crashes and report back later. I am more convinced than ever though it is not overheating.

When I was talking about my game crashing it was all during single player. Havent even tried multi yet. And underclocking was what is making it possible for me to even play singleplayer now. Any time I forget to underclock my card before playing civ4 I crash within 30 minutes.

Brickner said:
I am having the same issues as al you. AMd 3000 64 bit proccessor, BFG 6800 GT (OC) factory OC. audigy 2zs over 1gig ram. I had a similar issue with pacific fighter forgotten battles bundle and gave up on that game as well.

It's OT but the most recent Nvidia drivers and PF patch have solved the problem.

S!/EoE

Top Bottom