French Mobile SAM: AMX-30 Roland

snafusmith

Unit Maker
Warning: The attack animations are a bit rough, but it does fire a missile at attacking planes. I turn off animations, so the roughness doesn't bother me.

The Roland is a Franco-German mobile short-range surface-to-air missile (SAM) system. The Roland was also purchased by the U.S. Army as one of very few foreign SAM systems.
Roland was designed to a joint French and German requirement for a low-level mobile missile system to protect mobile field formations and fixed, high-value targets such as airfields. Development began in 1963 as a study by Nord Aviation of France and Bölkow of Germany with the system then called SABA in France and P-250 in Germany.[1] The two companies formed a joint development project in 1964 and later (as Aérospatiale of France and MBB of Germany) founded the Euromissile company for this and other missile programs.
-Wikipedia

The download includes 4 skins: one each for France and Spain, and 2 team color- one green and one tan.

To use the AMX30 Roland, copy the folder of the skin you want to use into your mod, but make sure you add the 'RolandSREF.dds' file as well! Only one copy of 'RolandSREF.dds' is needed for your mod.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

Can you convert your Eurofighters next? Those units look amazing (Both the Eurofighter and the SAMs here).

Well, since the CiV SAM's have an issue with their missiles as well (they keep appearing/disappearing at times), I can't consider this an issue.
Btw, does it fire a machinegun when a normal ground attack occurs?

I am wondering if you can (if you can though) convert this to Civilization V. First all, you'll be praised by all Canadians on this website, and you'd be helping many mod that make Canada a civilization. The Arrow is really a symbol of Canadian ingenuity and technology. Pretty please?

Top Bottom