1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 16, 2009.

1. xatharas

xatharas Chieftain

civ king can you help me?
    I bought a new PC this weekend which runs windows 7(64), I reinstalled the game (dvd version) and it works fine. I want to play with this mod though, but I can't get it to work. When I leave everything I can choose RoM mod and the game doesn't restarts (as it should) then the screen flickers before it should start to reload and then nothing!
    So I try to put the exe to compatability XP, but then I get 'please insert CD' while it's in there, when I turn of the compatable thing I can start the normal game again??

DO you know how to get rid of the 'please insert cd' thingy? :confused:

2. Tapok

Tapok Chieftain

Hi all,

I can't find the file "Revolution.ini", which according to the FAQ, is supposed to be in the UserSettings directory (I think). Wherever it is, file searching and a Google Desktop search hasn't found it, nor does it appear to be in the original mod package I downloaded from this very website.

Does anyone have a copy of it, or know where it is? I want to make some changes (IMO, the revolution demands are entirely to uppity and difficult).

Thanks for swift replies.

3. os79

os79 Chieftain

You need to play one game one turn in order to generate ini files in UserSettings folder. However, if you want to set YOUR own default values, go to Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn/Assets/Config and open Revolution.xml with notepad or notepad++ and tweak away.

4. Tapok

Tapok Chieftain

I have played and saved several games several times and the file has still not appeared. Do you know why this could be, and how to fix it? It's becoming quite infuriating.

Also, I am running Rise of Mankind, not New Dawn.

5. CortoLeMaltais

CortoLeMaltais Chieftain

Hi all,

i just discovered Rom:AND mod and it looks like verry impressive.

Just one question, how can i delete the message clicking each turn "click alt+ctrl+o for personnalise ROM:AND"

thx guys!

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

Alt+ctl-o go to the next to last tab (system), you may need to scroll the tabs, and turn it off. Having it appear in game has reduced the number of queries in these forums a great deal.

7. CortoLeMaltais

CortoLeMaltais Chieftain

I dont see "system" tab when i alt+ctrl+o... and message still going on... any idea? (if not i will try to make a screenshot of pbm)

8. winthrowe

winthrowe Chieftain

there are too many tabs to fit, so there's a little scroll arrow at the end of the tab list. use it and you should be able to get to the system tab.

9. CortoLeMaltais

CortoLeMaltais Chieftain

I dont get it... :/

Here the screens

Attached Files:

10. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Switch to English or change any City Names to have ascii characters. The game doesn't like non American letters.

11. CortoLeMaltais

CortoLeMaltais Chieftain

Thx promblem is solved :)

12. Neuodeo

Neuodeo Chieftain

I have a bit of a problem adding leaderheads to civ 4 mods... Using Vista... civ installed on x86 program list and saved games/mods need to be installed in reg/user program files (non-x86)... where do I add/modify the leaderheads??? Also, is there anyway to transfer leaderheads from civ5.2 gold to rise of mankind mod without a lot of hassle? I installed leaderheads before (old acct/email addy), but that was with XP; however, I dont remember how I did it the last time. Help!?!