1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Frequently Asked Questions

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rise of Mankind' started by zappara, Oct 16, 2009.

1. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

It is very easy to fix.:D Go to options and click on the Graphics tab. At the bottom there is a menu that lets you select which screen you want to use.

2. Alorente

Alorente Chieftain

Hey thanks. Good job.

3. malcolm01234

malcolm01234 Just A Grain Of Sand

I've recently downloaded Rise of Mankind 2.8 and the mod works perfect except for one thing. None of the new leaders or civilizations appear. I've used the WoC_Installer but it still doesn't work. Can anybody help me?

4. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

For the new leaders to work, you need to have the mod in the Program Files/Civilization4/Beyond the Sword/Mods folder. Using the Documents/My Games/Mods folder causes issues.

5. malcolm01234

malcolm01234 Just A Grain Of Sand

Thanks, that made it work. Thanks also for such a quick reply.

6. drunkenbob

drunkenbob Chieftain

what kind of rig would you need to play RoM with New Dawn on a gigantic map with say 20 civs and at least epic speed? I have 4 gigs ram and 1 gig video card (windows 7 64x) and i can't seem to play any map larger than standard without the game taking a minute or more between turns by around mid-game (can't say what its like end-game because it eventually gets to 2-3+ min before then and i dont have the patience). Is it that I'm doing something wrong or is this mod just that massive?

P.S. im sorry if these are stupid questions its just i LOVE this mod and i would very much like to enjoy all it has to offer!

7. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

Your rig is alright, just play with less Civs.

8. Afforess

I don't think you will find any mod that runs faster than 1 minute a turn in the late game, with a gigantic map. What I will say is that A New Dawn will run faster than most other mods, including plain Rise of Mankind 2.9, on a Gigantic map.

9. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

you have a VERY nice rig, what's your clockage on your core(s) you probably want to overclock to at least 3GHz, this would get it to run fast, also getting your RAM to 6GB and going to this page

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=224178

10. os79

os79 Chieftain

3GB switching only. And only if you have 32-bit OS.

BtS Patch 3.19 already have the exe address more than 2GB of memory. :)

11. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

How do you install a module? It keeps telling me that when I add the custom leaderheads the MEMORY_INQUISITION is incorrect.

12. Afforess

MEMORY_INQUISITION is a memory type specific to RevDCM, RoM, and AND. I'm assuming you are messing with a mod not based off of one of those.

13. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

I checked all the XML's and it said:

Code:
    <memory>
           <Tag>MEMORY_INQUISITION</Tag>
           <duration>25</duration
    </memory>

Those aren't the exact tags that appear, but the things inside the tags are correct according to the file. I was doing this with RoM 2.9

14. Afforess

IDK what you are doing wrong. Have you removed or altered Civ4MemoryInfos?

15. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

Not to my knowledge...Where would that be located? Maybe I accidentally moved it :dunno:

16. zhangku

zhangku Chieftain

How do I know which RoM I have? I want to download the new dawn thing, but I don't want to screw up what I have in case I don't have 2.91.

Never mind, I found out

17. Tomcat1962

Tomcat1962 Chieftain

In game, move your mouse-pointer over your flag in the right lower corner.
    You can then see a hovering text which lists the components are installed.

regards

18. nobler

nobler Chieftain

Q:

Is there a list of difficulty levels and its effects some where? as i can only find the spreadsheet for warlords.

19. Zaxdabomb

Zaxdabomb Chieftain

jeez
    I wish I could just hire all you civ genius' to do the installing/modding/unzipping mods for me!
    I'm disgracefully technically inadequate, and I'm a teenager for crying out loud!:blush:
    so if I have a RoM problem, as I do most of the time, there's little I can do bar beg you chaps for help!

I love RoM, I just can't play past 1000ad Because I don't have enough RAM :mad:

I'm gonna need a better pc!

20. Vortilex

Vortilex Imperator Mundi

I'm a teenager, too, so unfortunately I don't see the problem with technology that you refer to... the installing is easy! You double-click the file, extract it to somewhere else, and that place is going to be C:\...Beyond the Sword\Mods\. If it doesn't let you, you place it on the desktop first. Modding is something that is acquired through the tutorials section. The RAM allocation error you get comes from maps taht are too big. Try playing on Dual size maps and wait until they crash. Keep working your way up until you feel you can go as long as you want with the biggest map without it crashing until you reach the Future era at least :) Sorry if that came accross as unfriendly in the beginning