1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Frontier Pass

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Macintosh' started by matt91486, May 11, 2020.

1. Vrenir

Vrenir King

I’m seeing the Maya/Colombia DLC for Mac but not the Pass. Huh?

2. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

The Mac logo is on both now on Steam. I guess it is finally out. I am still mad about their communication practices though and I am worried how it will be the next eleven months.

Edit: the version changed also to 1.3.0

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    jgsb2001 and Plaidman like this.
  3. PKLarson

PKLarson Chieftain

Let us know if the full screen issue has been fixed. I canceled my original order because it was not.

4. CGPanama

CGPanama Warlord

Mine is downloading now as well.

5. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Yes, it is out.

I didn't have that issue before, so I am not sure if it is or not. Hopefully someone will comment here about that or you can go to the Civ VI Mac thread.

Edit: this is what a user in that thread had to say a few minutes ago:

F4HLM4N 16 minutes ago
    It's here! The fullscreen Metal bug is kinda fixed too. It'll start in full screen, but it uses the old style full screen where it just expand to fill the screen without creating a new Space of its own like Safari, Mail, Calendar, etc. do.

6. Plaidman

Plaidman Chieftain

Awesome, having waited for six days now I can't wait to play it.

I also can't wait to go through this all again in July with the Ethiopia pack.

7. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Fullscreen Metal is working in the new base patch on my system. Now to download the DLC.

edit: Everything seems to be working fine with the DLC so far. (I had one crash at the beginning with the only mod I use, Current Time of Day. Turned that off and all is well.)

Thanks to Aspyr and Firaxis for getting it working! :)

8. CGPanama

CGPanama Warlord

Everything looks good on my end as well.

Noticed that like with Bootcamp, the first launch after installing the patch took longer than normal. Not sure what the deal is with that.

9. Shibooyeah

Shibooyeah Chieftain

If the delay was only a week it really does make you wonder why they just refused to say that? Would have gotten 100% sympathy and good vibes from customers. Instead they chose this reaction.

---

Does running in full screen change anything in terms of performance?

10. PKLarson

PKLarson Chieftain

Thanks for the information. It will try it out at home tonight before I order it again.

11. Drivingrevilo

Drivingrevilo Warlord

Can anyone confirm whether they’ve fixed cross-compatibility for online play with PCs?

I don’t want to get my hopes up & organise a game with PC friends, only to find that it’s still busted.

12. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Not obviously. I get about 10 FPS better than before the initial patch last Thursday in both windowed and fullscreen Metal. I haven't tried OpenGL.

Edited to add: This is a screenshot of my first solar flare. I'm playing Lady Six Sky on Prince in Apocalypse mode for my first game just for kicks. Knowing how sketchy support of "fancy" graphics has been on Mac notebooks in the past, I was a bit leery of how this would look, but I think it looks great!

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.21.15 AM.jpg

13. mrwho

mrwho Prince

lol, I updated the game, re-bought the DLC, turned off all mods.

It crashes when I try to start a game...

14. Flaxitux

Flaxitux Chieftain

Yes it is live - have fun

15. Shibooyeah

Shibooyeah Chieftain

Now whenever I hover over UI it takes like five seconds for whatever the pop up is. Used to be instant. Is that a setting that got turned off by the update?

oakdragon and jgsb2001 like this.
  16. Plaidman

Plaidman Chieftain

Last I checked (yesterday night) cross-compatibility for online play was still broken. Which is a massive headache, since I've got two year-long cloud games that are now on hold.

And on top of that I've been getting through this pandemic by playing multiplayer with six friends every Tuesday night, which I had to cancel this week. I'm really hoping they'll have it fixed by next Tuesday, but, like, maybe next time don't release a patch if it's so unfinished that it makes multiplayer unplayable? So frustrating that this happens over and over again.

17. Drivingrevilo

Drivingrevilo Warlord

This sounds like a massive issue going forward then. Presumably, every time Firaxis drops another 1/6 of the New Frontiers content, cross compatibility will break again?

Plaidman likes this.
  18. FlyinPhil

FlyinPhil Chieftain

So everyone on Steam can play it now; what about those of us who got it through the Mac App Store?

19. dafunk10

dafunk10 Chieftain

has the new update made performance worse for anyone?

first 5 or so times I tried to start a game the game crashed or my MacBook crashed altogether.....now I can load a game, but it is extremely choppy (similar hover issues as noted above and then some)

20. Kung-Fu knight

Kung-Fu knight Chieftain

It seems that the Maya/Colombia pack is available on the in-app store but I don't see any mention of the season pass. I hope we aren't locked out of content or made to pay more for no reason. Incidentally, I cant even purchase the pack because it wont let me click on the purchase button.