[NFP] Frontier Pass

Let us know if the full screen issue has been fixed. I canceled my original order because it was not.

Yes, it is out.

Let us know if the full screen issue has been fixed. I canceled my original order because it was not.

I didn't have that issue before, so I am not sure if it is or not. Hopefully someone will comment here about that or you can go to the Civ VI Mac thread.

Edit: this is what a user in that thread had to say a few minutes ago:

F4HLM4N 16 minutes ago
It's here! The fullscreen Metal bug is kinda fixed too. It'll start in full screen, but it uses the old style full screen where it just expand to fill the screen without creating a new Space of its own like Safari, Mail, Calendar, etc. do.

Awesome, having waited for six days now I can't wait to play it.

I also can't wait to go through this all again in July with the Ethiopia pack.

Fullscreen Metal is working in the new base patch on my system. Now to download the DLC.

edit: Everything seems to be working fine with the DLC so far. (I had one crash at the beginning with the only mod I use, Current Time of Day. Turned that off and all is well.)

Thanks to Aspyr and Firaxis for getting it working! :)

Last edited:
Everything looks good on my end as well.

Noticed that like with Bootcamp, the first launch after installing the patch took longer than normal. Not sure what the deal is with that.

Yes, it is out.

I didn't have that issue before, so I am not sure if it is or not. Hopefully someone will comment here about that or you can go to the Civ VI Mac thread.

Edit: this is what a user in that thread had to say a few minutes ago:

F4HLM4N 16 minutes ago
It's here! The fullscreen Metal bug is kinda fixed too. It'll start in full screen, but it uses the old style full screen where it just expand to fill the screen without creating a new Space of its own like Safari, Mail, Calendar, etc. do.

Thanks for the information. It will try it out at home tonight before I order it again.

Can anyone confirm whether they’ve fixed cross-compatibility for online play with PCs?

I don’t want to get my hopes up & organise a game with PC friends, only to find that it’s still busted.

If the delay was only a week it really does make you wonder why they just refused to say that? Would have gotten 100% sympathy and good vibes from customers. Instead they chose this reaction.

---

Does running in full screen change anything in terms of performance?

Not obviously. I get about 10 FPS better than before the initial patch last Thursday in both windowed and fullscreen Metal. I haven't tried OpenGL.

Edited to add: This is a screenshot of my first solar flare. I'm playing Lady Six Sky on Prince in Apocalypse mode for my first game just for kicks. Knowing how sketchy support of "fancy" graphics has been on Mac notebooks in the past, I was a bit leery of how this would look, but I think it looks great!

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.21.15 AM.jpg

Last edited:
lol, I updated the game, re-bought the DLC, turned off all mods.

It crashes when I try to start a game...

Can anyone confirm whether they’ve fixed cross-compatibility for online play with PCs?

I don’t want to get my hopes up & organise a game with PC friends, only to find that it’s still busted.
Last I checked (yesterday night) cross-compatibility for online play was still broken. Which is a massive headache, since I've got two year-long cloud games that are now on hold.

And on top of that I've been getting through this pandemic by playing multiplayer with six friends every Tuesday night, which I had to cancel this week. I'm really hoping they'll have it fixed by next Tuesday, but, like, maybe next time don't release a patch if it's so unfinished that it makes multiplayer unplayable? So frustrating that this happens over and over again.

Last I checked (yesterday night) cross-compatibility for online play was still broken. Which is a massive headache, since I've got two year-long cloud games that are now on hold.

And on top of that I've been getting through this pandemic by playing multiplayer with six friends every Tuesday night, which I had to cancel this week. I'm really hoping they'll have it fixed by next Tuesday, but, like, maybe next time don't release a patch if it's so unfinished that it makes multiplayer unplayable? So frustrating that this happens over and over again.

This sounds like a massive issue going forward then. Presumably, every time Firaxis drops another 1/6 of the New Frontiers content, cross compatibility will break again?

has the new update made performance worse for anyone?

first 5 or so times I tried to start a game the game crashed or my MacBook crashed altogether.....now I can load a game, but it is extremely choppy (similar hover issues as noted above and then some)

So everyone on Steam can play it now; what about those of us who got it through the Mac App Store?

It seems that the Maya/Colombia pack is available on the in-app store but I don't see any mention of the season pass. I hope we aren't locked out of content or made to pay more for no reason. Incidentally, I cant even purchase the pack because it wont let me click on the purchase button.

Top Bottom