Fun combinations/situations and the ingame editor

Dgodus

Chieftain
These two questions kind of tie in together so being lazy I'll make only one thread. Cherry pick wha you'd like to address.

First I'm looking for situations that just make people's eyes light up when they see their start location and what they can do with it. You know, the obvious desert start, getting DF (and I like to pick holy warriors for the hammer free military) and build Petra. Or play as Monty with a massive jungle start, sacred path, piss everyone off so they just send troops to bog down in the jungle further feeding the culture machine. Or even Askia with raging barbs on (maybe even unlimited barb xp mod) and a map with chunks of land that nobody settles so barbs continuously span and you can just run a couple mounted units back and forth (three cheers for run on sentences) which creates such a nice gold surplus.

Anything like that? Combos of religion, civs, Sp's, anything really.

Second. I've been really frustrated by trying to get a Spain game going and usin their UA. Too many starts w/o either a decent NAtural wonder or one I could reasonably get. So I thought "why not us the in game editor mod and just give myself one!". Problem being anytime I turn that thing on I tend to overdo it, become to OP and the game is boring. So what seems a decent natural wonder to give myself without it really being abusive?

Also, same for any Civ really. If you were going to "create" your start location what would it be? I'm looking for a start that makes you say "sweet!" not an overpowered one, I can do that hahaha. I'm looking for a more balanced one (#of resources, tiles, etc)

This won't happen due to the start bias, but an Incan desert hills near mountains start would be kind of sweet.

That's more on the OP side, but...

Hill, a Hill start on Grassland.

Plains slow down yoru Growth
Flat slows down your Production

I actually tend to reroll if a Worker takes 12 turns tob uilt from the start on Quick.

I had an amazing start recently with Morocco. Desert start, of course, with 3 wheat on flood plains, stone, and cotton. Had enough hills around to not be production poor, either. Picked up Desert Folklore but unfortunately didn't get Petra (played on Emporer).

But you said that doesn't count... I'm guessing most people are going to mention something with Salt nearby. Can't wait to see!

Top Bottom