1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Funny Fall from Heaven Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Xanikk999, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Munken

Munken Chieftain

Agreed, I usually reload when that happens, hoping he'll spawn on some inhabited island. It takes a few tries since that tiny area between the Malakim and Bannor Empires seemingly is soo tempting :crazyeye:

2. Pickly

Pickly Prince

A few more screenshots:

First up: When I think "last ditch city defender", I think hordes of stonewardens. (this is another "A.I. builds tons of priests", that has had another screenshot earlier in the thread.)

Attached Files:

3. Pickly

Pickly Prince

Next: This Armageddon thing is a bit of a letdown. (This is the same game as the shot a bit earlier in the thread with Hyborem at the bottom of the score ladder with no cities, if you haven't guessed yet. Tebryn must be wondering whether those demons are all they're cracked up to be. :) )

To once again add some more information, Ars (whatever the second name is) did in fact spawn that exact turn, and unfortunately I missed capturing the screenshot with the message of him dying right below the message of him spawning.

I'm not sure if Pyre zombies regularly do this (I have heard that Sheaim have an easier time with horsemen), but it's still a funny idea in my head. :)

Attached Files:

4. Pickly

Pickly Prince

And finally: I didn't realize Erebus had methane ice.

Attached Files:

5. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

those Doviello must have discovered the joys of lighting your farts!

6. seizer

seizer Warlord

The Bannor sure values Order highly...

(And yes, I did accept, was just a few turns away from winning a cultural victory. :) )

Attached Files:

7. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

that is ... wow. You'd think that ppl would be willing to give away their religious tech for FREE!! ... I mean it might incentivise others to adopt their religion.

Selling worthless religion tech (trying to trade it) is silly imho

(unless its one of those pre-techs that could help a rival found a new religion)

Edit: Or ... had Capria not built the Order heroes yet?

8. Neomega

Neomega Deity

And don't forget the natural gain in XP.

9. Sareln

Sareln Warlord

I think I just got pants'ed by the RNG placement algorithm.

Attached Files:

10. seizer

seizer Warlord

Well, at least you have a good chance of getting the axe. Might even be worth losing a city. :)

11. mcwill123

mcwill123 Pretender to the Throne

No big deal. Orthus is a wimp.

12. Sareln

Sareln Warlord

He may be a wimp but he's still going to burn a city :mischief:!

13. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Meh, I think there is less of a problem with the AI BUILDING Priests per se, as much as building priests and doing NOTHING!!! with them.

Maybe that has been changed lately, but a few months ago I was playing Diety game with Sidar, and the Shieam army was just 100 ritualists sitting there waiting to die.

14. Pickly

Pickly Prince

At least he won't have a chance to get several combat promotions plus healing. (though that does seem like a really unlucky positioning)

15. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

yea, beeline the warriors in your capital towards orthus, and place a warrior, scout, or worker on a tile to Orthus's EAST in order to lead him away from your defenseless Naggarond

16. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

Orthus isn't a wimp now, he's just suicidal. The previous Orthus was a goddamn nightmare. Unassailable, he'd raze all of your improvements and then only attack when he had a near certain chance to win. To beat him you'd need overwhelming numbers of Bronze Axemen unless you caught him basically as he spawned. Now unless you have inadequate defenses he's no problem at all, just a free +1 Fire and Blitz promo...

Unfortunately on that spawn you have inadequate defenses, but you should still be able to take him by outsmarting the AI. Chances are he'll latch onto a unit and persue it across the entire length and bredth of Erebus trying to catch it. Proving once and for all, Orthus is no smarter than a bear.

17. FireBlaze

FireBlaze King

Maybe that unit killed his parents

18. Pickly

Pickly Prince

Once again, The Infernals show their excellent ability to choose good starting locations.

(Also, at the bottom, you can see the skills of the mighty vitalizing Gibbon Goetia)

Attached Files:

19. Azhral

Azhral Let's get Tactical!

The fun and joy of advanced start. None of his cities are able to access each other at all at the moment.

Attached Files:

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

That screenshot pretty much sums up why I hate the Erebus script.