Future plans - please share your thoughts

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
At the moment, Anno Domini is fully playable with a custom tech tree set in Ancient times. However, there is plenty still to do to improve the mod.

Firstly, to announce that I will be adding the following civilizations within about a week, which will bring the tally to 23. I'll then stop there and turn my attention to other points within the mod itself. The civilizations not yet posted already have leaders created; they are:
  • Djalla of the Garamantes
  • Apophis of the Hyksos
  • Lars Porsenna of the Etruscans
  • Penelope of Ithaca
  • Hector of Troy
  • Kutik of Elam
  • Suppiluliuma of the Hittites
I have created the tech tree to end around the fall of Rome. Is this about right? A couple of late wonders are a little outside the timeframe, but I've left them in for gameplay reasons.

The next area to really concentrate upon is Civics and governments. I've already doubled up some of the techs and civics, e.g. you'll find Drama in both. Any thoughts as per Civics and government types?

At the moment, we don't have unique units, improvements and buildings. Any thoughts on what the existing civilizations could have and what would they replace?

Any obvious buildings or wonders missing? If so, what are they, where should they go on the tech tree and what effects should they have?

What are you doing with Hattusa with the Hittites in the game?
....and Carthage. The plan was to rename the city-states; I was looking to see which city-state would match the current ones in terms of the individual benefits they give. It's quite possible that we don't know enough about some of the replacements to be completely accurate!

Incidentally, in addition to the leaders mentioned above, Agamemnon of the Mycenae has pushed himself into the Homeric Times pack, so that will take it up to 24 civilizations.

Hi there, is there anywhere I can see the changes this mod makes before trying it out? Or is it just a case of playing and seeing?

It's really a case of playing and seeing, thecraftybee. The civilizations and their uniques are on the website and within this sub-forum. There are plenty of other changes - once I've got more of the mod done, I'll start updating the website with full info.

Great mod up to now.
Would appreciate to see historical maps but I know this is not your cup of tea :)

Great mod up to now.
Would appreciate to see historical maps but I know this is not your cup of tea :)
If someone is willing to work on the TSL using XML and point me to a civ5 map that would fit this mod, we could add it to YnAMP.

You're right in saying that it's not my thing - I'm hopeless at geography!! That's a brilliant offer, thank-you, Gedemon. The scope of the mod makes it a bit awkward for one map - thing is, there'll end up being (no doubt) around 10-12 British civs in there for example; however it'll be essentially the Ancient Med with North Africa, the Middle East, China and India available. I'm not great at working out the TSL locations either.

I think that the best thing for the mod is to wait until it's at a later stage and to use such maps for scenarios based on the Ancient World, but that's a personal opinion! Again thanks for the offer Gedemon, I'll no doubt come back to you at a later stage.

I have a pretty decent map of Northwest Europe in Civ 5... unfortunately, I've been unable to port it over to Civ 6... I have all of the coordinates and info, but have been unable to create a map script that works. Anyhow, it would be great for the British Isles civs and could also hold the Germans and Guals... Paris and Aachen are both on map. As well, the Norwegians fit. Anyhow, I can upload a copy of the coordinates if anyone wants to use the map... I think my sig will lead to civ 5 thread that has a link to the mod and a screenie of the map.

Loving Anno Domini! I tried to find a way to play the ancient civs in Europe with TSL. I have YnAMP but keep getting randomized locations, any further consideration to adding the TSL's to the new civs / compatibility with YnAMP?

Also has anyone reported crashing with the Homeric Civ Pack? I turn off all other Mods but still crashes for me (only this pack all others work)

Thanks!

I've posted a lengthy review on another discussion. The only suggestion I have is to substitute the stages of the space race for posts on the Silk Road as a scientific victory. This was done in TAM (Civ 4).

Wondered if you have thought about doing a youtube video to spread the word and show off the mod more? Or if you haven't the time maybe ask Jackie Fish or someone?

Top Bottom