Future Update - STEAM Depot updates thread

I hadn't been keeping up with the steam depot updates lately, but I just looked this morning and saw that the mac and linux qa depots have updated in the past few days in addition to the SoonTM ones. Could this portend an earlier than normal monthly update? If all goes well, as soon as next Thurs. 13th? Or, will we still end up waiting until the 20th or 27th? :think:

It's been awhile since this thread was needed, but fwiw I noticed yesterday that the d2ctest "QA test branch" was updated.

*insert Raven Symone quickly chewing gif here*

I mean, Trajan is about to win their Twitter poll against Gilgamesh, so...

I mean surely not...

It's been awhile since this thread was needed, but fwiw I noticed yesterday that the d2ctest "QA test branch" was updated.

I'm pretty sure the D2C stuff has something to do with the new launcher.

The recent change I found more curious was the elimination of the dev tools and dev assets DLCs as well as the Steam game demo. I'm far from certain what that means, but it is interesting.

My heart jumped when this thread popped up!

Does the Steam debot update also when it is something minor, like launcher getting a new ad or similar? "Click here to buy Civ VI Complete" etc

The recent change I found more curious was the elimination of the dev tools and dev assets DLCs as well as the Steam game demo. I'm far from certain what that means, but it is interesting.
I think I've read a mention on the steamDB about the recent DLC change visible in history (something like they should be ignored)

Initially I though maybe they were removing them as "DLC" so they could simply be "tools" available to anyone, not only people owning the game on Steam.

I'm guessing there'll be some "civ vi goty" edition which is just the game + all the DLC, and it'll technically be a different item on the store page, and THAT will have the demo.

So, intriguing update. About an hour ago, an undocumented change was made to Civ VI, as seen on SteamDB.

Usually, you can disregard these things. If you click on the change number, it tells you what apps the change applies to. Typically, you see them apply to hundreds of unrelated games. Sometimes it's just Civ VI.

In this particular case, it was Civ VI, all its DLCs, and it also created 6 new things that haven't been set to what they are yet or assigned to any other app yet.

Not super indicative, but very intriguing .

So, intriguing update. About an hour ago, an undocumented change was made to Civ VI, as seen on SteamDB.

Usually, you can disregard these things. If you click on the change number, it tells you what apps the change applies to. Typically, you see them apply to hundreds of unrelated games. Sometimes it's just Civ VI.

In this particular case, it was Civ VI, all its DLCs, and it also created 6 new things that haven't been set to what they are yet or assigned to any other app yet.

Not super indicative, but very intriguing .
6, as in... 6 dlcs for a new season pass with a dlc every 2 months, like new frontier? :p

6, as in... 6 dlcs for a new season pass with a dlc every 2 months, like new frontier? :p

As much as I want another Pass I feel like they need to space out updates because the one per month is not giving enough time for QA to ensure everything works.

Top Bottom