Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.
If we get next expanssion then no patch.
Firaxis should definitely do an XP3 with so many fans chomping at the bit for one.
I cant see any signature on her, what were the civs on it, please tell me.
I'd like if all this leak theory stuff could have its own thread.
I do not think a patch will come this Winter because they will announce 3rd expansion featuring Maya, Portugal, Vietnam, Italy, Byzatium, some African and South American nation, plus economic victory, plagues and health, crimes and security.
Having said that, some improvements will be definitely welcome:
1. Benefits for tall empires
2. Improvements to ME
3. Better trade bonuses
4. UI improvements
5. More maps
6. Performance improvements
7. Expac to Switch.
Expack to switch, they said in the last update video that they are trying to get both expansions out by the end of the year
I suspect that when a new depot shows up on steamdb, we'll get a mystery depot discussion thread that will function as such. Until then....
They'd be crazy not to, and it would help to keep interest in the game going with Humankind coming out next year.
I like the idea abstractly but i'm still trying to imagine what Big New Mechanic I would want stuffed in there. I can't think of any (though I'm sure the devs could come up with something) and all of the suggestions to shoehorn in some old mechanic from an old civ game sound like bad ideas to me.
Wouldn't Akkad probably be on the city-list for Babylon too? It has been in every iteration. That's one of the reasons that I think Assyria might be more probable this time around.
I agree that they Caracas would need to be on Colombia's city list especially if Simon Bolivar was leading. It was where he was born after all.
I agree, I refuse to believe it's not real until Italy is in it. And you know how well that worked out with me when it came to Georgia, Canada, and Eleanor.
She has removed the signature? Hmm.....
It's still there. But since there is a rational explanation for her nickname other than the mask and skull (reference to Majora's Mask), I consider this a self-inflicted hoax and debunked.
Please stop focusing on a new member like this everyone, it is not helpful
I won’t give up on Babylon just yet. Assyria seems too similar to aggressive Gilgabro. Although my personal preference would be to have them both.
As for Akkad, we don’t even know where the city is exactly. It apparently went into decline with the rise of Assyria and Babylon and was in ruins at some early ancient date. It don’t see any reason to put it in Babylon’s city-list. Let Sargon keep his city-state.
Ideally I would want them both too, just I would prefer Assyria slightly more. Ashurbanipal was brought up as learning to be a scribe, rather than a king, so I think it's very feasible to give him bonuses toward collecting a lot of great works and science bonuses and let the Civ ability be more militaristic and conquest. I do agree Hammurabi would be interesting too probably starting the game with Code of Laws civic.
That being said, my preference is solely based on the unique abilities I have come up with. In that regard my Assyrian abilities seem way cooler than the ones I've created for Babylon and fit in with new features I want in an expansion: Cultural/Ethnic migration where any city you conquer becomes a majority of Assyrian ethnicity and a free settler appears. The new city founded by the settler will be primarily the ethnicity of the previous occupied city.
For Babylon I thought of a Walls of Babylon ability that would work like Persia's satrap bonus but with walls are one more leveled advanced and maybe start out with the strength of ancient walls whenever you found a city.
As for UUs Assyria could get an ancient era catapult replacement but be melee and do significant damage to both city center and walls at the cost of returned damage. For Babylon is there another better UU they could get other than a Bowman, which would be stronger garrisoned?
Assyria and Babylon had similar militaries. An upgraded horseman/horse archer or chariot would be just as appropriate as a bowman.
For Babylon, I’ve been thinking of the kudurru (border stele) as a unique improvement. It could provide mini culture bombs to expand your borders when first built, with a modest culture bonus provided thereafter.
This would line up well with Nabu-kudurru-usur (Nebuchadnezzar), which means both “Nebo protect my son!” and “Nebo protect my boundary stele!” I wonder if there was a connection between those two concepts — i.e. if protecting the heir was to protect the boundaries, and vice versa.
My top 10.
1. I like the idea of marshlands/swamp title improvement. A bog perhaps?
2. yes for fixing railroads and transport system. This is a spine of the economy - railroads, pipelines, motorways, transport hubs, ports, maglev or hyperloop in future. Bonus gold and production for connectivity of our towns and districts would be fun. I don't think of a transport tycoon level of complexity, but at least give a significant impact to duration, range, production and gold income of trade routes between cities connected by railroad.
3. pls stop Robert the Bruce agenda hate me when AI is declaring war on me! It is one of the most annoying things when you have Scotland in your game. The second one is hearing bagpipes all the time no matter who you play as. The same problem I have with Australian and Canadian music themes. (maybe it's just me).
4. Add new luxuries (gold, honey, flax) and Natural Wonders.
5. Improve forest graphics. Make forest dense!
6. Allow building districts on strategic resources. This moment when you have arranged perfect placement for your districts and then iron pop up...
7. Add additional minor win conditions to choose (similar to steam achievements)
8. Allow Brazil and Maori to plant rainforest after discovering Conservation
9. Do something with useless lakes. Either they should be a one title feature like an oasis with additional food and tourism or get another buff as they are now. Unless you play as the Netherlands they are largely just black wholes in your empire.
10. Buff Neighborhood district. For example by adding Mass transport beside Food market and Shopping Mall. Mass transport will give +2 housing and +2 production (+4 production if Powered)
There some change on legacy depot in SteamDB.. Maybe it is related with prepared for QA testing 3rd expansion?
Nah, they do that after every patch. It saves the old public build in case of a rollback.
I'm confused by that:
legacy timeupdated: 1542740350 (November 20, 2018 – 18:59:10 UTC) › 1568226415 (September 11, 2019 – 18:26:55 UTC) (+7)
It looks like the "legacy" is used for save the state of game before start test next expansion.
Separate names with a comma.