1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Future Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kingmaker

The Kingmaker Alexander

Destruction of wonders would be a perfect tie-in for Babylon too.

Good thinking!

Kimiimaro likes this.
  2. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

It fits with the design idea of dynamic tiles. It's kind of weird wonders are static when you think about it, especially considering how many of them have been destroyed by natural disasters.

Not only that, the destruction itself of wonders is as much a part of the imaginary and the sense of magnitude and importance as the wonders themselves. They could somehow be tied-in with Dark/Golden Ages, which god knows need a rework. E.g. Dark Ages fasten the deterioration of wonders?

Yes, I did consider Babylon, but I didn't mention it because I'd have to rethink my list of predicted Civs... which I don't want to :D

Edit: So maybe they are considering excluding Notre Dame BECAUSE of this new mechanic. Which would explain why Kevin Schultz used the adjective 'cowards'. They excluded it to avoid hurting people's sensibilities.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  3. pokiehl

pokiehl King

Hey guys any way we can keep that sort of speculation to one of the other threads? I got on here thinking something had happened.

Mediocrity and RohirrimElf like this.
  4. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

I posted it here because I thought we were supposed to speculate here? It was also mainly supposed to be only as a continuation to Firaxis tweet posted previously, but then I went overboard with it :mischief:

5. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

This thread is the catch-all for anything relating to a prospective update and that includes speculation.

I imagine if and when a new tease or trailer is posted it will get its own separate thread.

ETA: also, which other threads? I'm pretty sure this is the only one going on the topic of future content/updates right now, and we don't need another.

Duuk and aguaacrobata2 like this.
  6. pokiehl

pokiehl King

RohirrimElf likes this.
  7. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Correct. This the winter patch tread. If a teaser should pop up the herd probably moves to a new tread while keeping this one open for patch speculation. If something big would happen this week it would not get unnoticed.

pokiehl likes this.
  8. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

That's a game thread, though. It's only really fitting for speculation about new Civs and leaders.

AntSou likes this.
  9. AntSou

AntSou Emperor

That thread is not for discussing speculation, other than specific stuff relating to other player's choices, and there's a link in it redirecting people here.

It has become a catch all thread, as already mentioned, which can be verified here (last post): https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/possible-prediction-for-next-expansion.651785/page-2

Edit: but you're right. If we do get a patch, then the thread will revert back to talking only about the patch's content and speculation will naturally cease here.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    RohirrimElf and blackcatatonic like this.
  10. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Hmmm...to speculate or not to speculate, now that is...

Mediocrity likes this.
  11. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

No news

pokiehl and RohirrimElf like this.
  12. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

If they don't announce something this week, I'll go full warmonger on my game, nuke and raze every single city, delete every builder I capture... Are you reading Firaxis? Billions of virtual invisible lives are depending on you, think your next move carefully...

Kjimmet, Datgingah, TeddyMain and 5 others like this.
  13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Or he was on vacation and was making a joke :D

CPWimmer and RohirrimElf like this.
  14. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Haha... what a funny thread. Sorry guys.

I just check it out regulary and cannot stop laughing every day.

Thanks!

I will keep visiting to have more fun.

15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

After a long break, the Mac qa build got updated again.

Perhaps QA on the patch they've been working on was delayed as they prepared for the console releases.

Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and pokiehl like this.
  16. V. Soma

V. Soma long time civ fan

Patch before end of year...?

17. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Hard to say. It depends on if the qa work finds a lot of problems. If we see the approval builds update promptly, it could happen next week or the week after. But otherwise, they will probably have another break for the holidays and a patch in the new year.

Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and pokiehl like this.
  18. Abaxial

Abaxial Prince

Wonders can already be destroyed. Capture the city and raze it.

19. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I hope not if they have a patch now that some one says that naval combat got slitly better. And the next year patch the air got slitly better. I guess it will be that way. As land got slitly better last time. Takes to much time and to litle improvement. No news today either

20. ehecatzin

ehecatzin Emperor

Too add to the speculation, hopefuly they give us more options as to what to do with a captured city, plunder it, raze it, slave the population. And yes, extract unique artifacts out of plundering cof*HorsesofSaintMark*cof

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.