Future Worlds

I went looking through the new files because I was curious what features the new version would have. Just the text for the most part; I believe many others would be more qualified to look at the actual coding.

I found some stuff that I might have to ask you about and/or bring to your attention. Might mostly be about typos or such:

- Particle Accelerator: 'Requires a Laboratory in every city'. Does this refer to Research Labs?
- Metal Gear wonder: Strategy/Civilopedia entries are, oddly, about oil refineries. While it seems a mistake, are you planning to implement new oil refinery buildings in this mod? Also, the quote/blurb upon completing the wonder seems to be identical to the one for the new 'Mecha' tech. Is this intended? Finally, it says it enables construction of Metal Gear Rex units yet I don't seem to be able to find references for that new unit elsewhere...
- Miapolis wonder: '+1 Free Great Merchants' should be just '1 Free Great Merchant', right? Also, the quote/blurb is identical to the Buenos Aires Forum wonder. Is this intended?
- New resource: It seems you've added manganese as a new resource in this version, but there's no reference to it whatsoever except a passing mention about it in the description for the Undersea Mining Platform. FutureResources.xml shows manganese having the same help/text as Nanomaterials, though apparently classified as a Luxury resource. Looking around, it seems that the new Offshore Mining Platform improvement seems to be exclusively designed for this new resource. Am I right? Finally, it seems to yield 2 gold as base, but given its use in real-life, wouldn't it make sense to have it yield production as well?
- 'Megabuildings': Several of the wonders are listed/referred to both in files in the new Megabuildings folder, and in Wonders.xml. Won't this result in conflicts/crashes?
- Supertank: Is this new unit intended to replace the Railgun Armor in previous versions? But I think I still see the Railgun Armor in the files? So is this a completely new unit outright, not a replacement?

That much for now, I guess; I was mostly looking at the features newly added in the new version. A fair number of them might be merely unfinished/placeholder stuff you're planning on editing, anyway.

I'll post again if I come upon other things I find curious.

PS. When the new version is actually finished and formally uploaded to the Workshop/this site, could you post a detailed new features/changelog list on this thread? I'd appreciate that, and I think other users of previous versions of this mod will as well.

I went looking through the new files because I was curious what features the new version would have. Just the text for the most part; I believe many others would be more qualified to look at the actual coding.

I found some stuff that I might have to ask you about and/or bring to your attention. Might mostly be about typos or such:

- Particle Accelerator: 'Requires a Laboratory in every city'. Does this refer to Research Labs?
- Metal Gear wonder: Strategy/Civilopedia entries are, oddly, about oil refineries. While it seems a mistake, are you planning to implement new oil refinery buildings in this mod? Also, the quote/blurb upon completing the wonder seems to be identical to the one for the new 'Mecha' tech. Is this intended? Finally, it says it enables construction of Metal Gear Rex units yet I don't seem to be able to find references for that new unit elsewhere...
- Miapolis wonder: '+1 Free Great Merchants' should be just '1 Free Great Merchant', right? Also, the quote/blurb is identical to the Buenos Aires Forum wonder. Is this intended?
- New resource: It seems you've added manganese as a new resource in this version, but there's no reference to it whatsoever except a passing mention about it in the description for the Undersea Mining Platform. FutureResources.xml shows manganese having the same help/text as Nanomaterials, though apparently classified as a Luxury resource. Looking around, it seems that the new Offshore Mining Platform improvement seems to be exclusively designed for this new resource. Am I right? Finally, it seems to yield 2 gold as base, but given its use in real-life, wouldn't it make sense to have it yield production as well?
- 'Megabuildings': Several of the wonders are listed/referred to both in files in the new Megabuildings folder, and in Wonders.xml. Won't this result in conflicts/crashes?
- Supertank: Is this new unit intended to replace the Railgun Armor in previous versions? But I think I still see the Railgun Armor in the files? So is this a completely new unit outright, not a replacement?

That much for now, I guess; I was mostly looking at the features newly added in the new version. A fair number of them might be merely unfinished/placeholder stuff you're planning on editing, anyway.

I'll post again if I come upon other things I find curious.

PS. When the new version is actually finished and formally uploaded to the Workshop/this site, could you post a detailed new features/changelog list on this thread? I'd appreciate that, and I think other users of previous versions of this mod will as well.

Whoops... it seems I didn't check for an older copy of the .rar before I made the new one, and it merged the new version of the mod with an older working version I had, which is where the Megastructures and Supertank files came from.

I've deleted the old .rar and rebuilt it, and replaced the copy on dropbox.

Manganese was a resource I was experimenting with to try and enhance to Undersea Mining Platform. I haven't gotten it quite fully working yet. It was originally intended to be a luxury resource (like copper, gold, and silver) but I'm now probably going to make it a bonus resource.

I really should get around to clearing out the Metal Gear and Miapolis wonder text, since neither are actual wonders in the mod. (They were at one point, but I have since removed them.)

Research Labs are referred to in the code as LABORATORY, so I accidentally called them that in the text. XD

Updated Future Worlds to version 4! Changes include:

-updated several buildings that were not working properly (Vivarium, Drone Hive, Ecosanctuary, Network Backbone, Telepresence Hub, Neurolink Facility, Autoplant, Simulation Server)
-improved the 'hyperstructure' wonders (originally from the Mega Buildings Reduced mod) to have more potent effects
-added the Helios Microwave Power Satellite wonder, Borehole national wonder, and Tidal Array building to incentivise Solar Plants, Geothermal Plants, and Tidal Plants
-Aquaculture Lab bonuses reduced slightly, while Undersea Mining Platform bonuses improved
-added the Mnemosyne Facility wonder
-Node improvement now affects units over 3 tiles instead of 2. Skynet now doubles the effective radius of Nodes.
-Core improvement now no longer provides a combat strength bonus, but instead heals units on or adjacent to it for 10 HP each turn.
-Switched Cloning technology and Genetic Manipulation technology on the tech tree

Due to the size of the mod, it is currently available for direct download from dropbox here.

Great, it's finally finished! Can't boot the game up today though; that'll have to wait until tomorrow or so.

So just looking over the files... It seems you decided to just stick to having manganese be a luxury resource instead of a bonus resource? Also, the text still isn't fixed, it's still identical to the text for nanomaterials... :(

Besides that, though, looks like all the issues I'd mentioned have been addressed. Looking forward to playing with this... :)

Great, it's finally finished! Can't boot the game up today though; that'll have to wait until tomorrow or so.

So just looking over the files... It seems you decided to just stick to having manganese be a luxury resource instead of a bonus resource? Also, the text still isn't fixed, it's still identical to the text for nanomaterials... :(

Besides that, though, looks like all the issues I'd mentioned have been addressed. Looking forward to playing with this... :)

I just dummied out manganese for the time being, until I can sit down to work it out more effectively. (I'll probably look towards Typhlomence's new Culture Japan civ for some ideas there, as his unique resource spawns in ocean tiles as well.) I left the code in the file for now, so I don't have to rewrite it in the future, but it's all bracketed in comments so it doesn't actually load into the game.

Hello Mischa,

I've skimmed over the whole thread and noticed your own report that you run Future Worlds and Enlightenment Era without issue. I assume it still holds up? I'd like to try your mod myself, in the hopes that I can keep my attention long enough to go beyond Industrial Era. ;)

I'm also using a bunch of JFD's gameplay mods - Cities in Development, Rise to Power and Exploration Continued Expanded, each adding or moving a couple techs, wonders and buildings up until the Industrial Era, with probably a handful of extra buildings in the Modern/Atomic eras. Do you reckon Future Worlds would run with them as well?

In any case, cheers for a cool looing mod. :)

Hello Mischa,

I've skimmed over the whole thread and noticed your own report that you run Future Worlds and Enlightenment Era without issue. I assume it still holds up? I'd like to try your mod myself, in the hopes that I can keep my attention long enough to go beyond Industrial Era. ;)

I'm also using a bunch of JFD's gameplay mods - Cities in Development, Rise to Power and Exploration Continued Expanded, each adding or moving a couple techs, wonders and buildings up until the Industrial Era, with probably a handful of extra buildings in the Modern/Atomic eras. Do you reckon Future Worlds would run with them as well?

It runs fine, but just bear in mind that Mercs will allow you to get units from the end of the tree as soon as you enter Information.

Regarding the mod - did I miss v3?

Look, guys! I've recorded all the unique quotes for the new techs that come with the FW mod. Right here. I also added a new quote for Microscale Engineering:

Originally coined by Vladimir Nabokov
Caress the detail, the divine detail.

Nice.

What's up with the voice filter effect though? It's kind of distracting, most of the time I can't even understand what you're saying.

Updated Future Worlds to version 4!...

....Due to the size of the mod, it is currently available for direct download from dropbox here.
Its changed again!!! :crazyeye: I just finished test the V4 A2 (The 23 April 2016 version).
Well, the troubles if found so far:
1) The underconstruction model for core. FutureImprovements.xml
Spoiler :
Code:
- <Row>
  <Era>Any</Era> 
  <State>UnderConstruction</State> 
  <Scale>1.0</Scale> 
  <ImprovementType>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_FW_CORE</ImprovementType> 
  <LayoutHandler>SNAPSHOT</LayoutHandler> 
  <ResourceType>ART_DEF_RESOURCE_ALL</ResourceType> 
  <Model>[COLOR="Red"]biowell_hb.fxsxml[/COLOR]</Model> 
  </Row>
2) No Strategy Icon for the improvement. And i thought you were about using your own Strategy Icons for the units.
3) You still missed the UAV texts (Strategy and History).
4) Biotrooper isnt having amphibious.
Spoiler :
Code:
 <Row>
  <UnitType>UNIT_FW_BIOTROOPER</UnitType> 
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_MARCH</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  <Row>
  <UnitType>UNIT_FW_BIOTROOPER</UnitType> 
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_PARTIAL_HEAL_IF_DESTROY_ENEMY</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  <Row>
  <UnitType>[COLOR="Red"]UNIT_FW_BIOINFANTRY[/COLOR]</UnitType> 
  <PromotionType>[COLOR="Red"]PROMOTION_AMPHIBIOUS[/COLOR]</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  <Row>
  <UnitType>UNIT_FW_BIOINFANTRY</UnitType> 
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_MARCH</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  <Row>
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_PARTIAL_HEAL_IF_DESTROY_ENEMY</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  <Row>
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_AMPHIBIOUS</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
5) Server hub building dont have strategy text and game info text.
6) Tidal array can be built without tidal plant.
7) Human Genome Project (GENOME_SPLASH.DDS) has the wrong size/dimension. It should be in 972x568.
8) When you finished the Nuclear Fusion Research, its still saying You can build the death robot.
Spoiler :
The next step in the study of the atom and its possibilities, Nuclear Fusion brings us a terrifying combat machine of the future - the Giant Death Robot, the ultimate fighting unit in the game.

9) The network node didnt give the promotion when the worker just constructed it. The code doest work (FutureLua.lua)
Spoiler :
Code:
function CheckImprovements (iHexX, iHexY, iContinent1, iContinent2)
	local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(ToGridFromHex(iHexX, iHexY))
	local ImpID = pPlot:GetImprovementType()
	local Owner = pPlot:GetOwner()
	local pPlayer = Players[Owner];
	if (pPlayer) then
		if (ImpID == iImprovementAcademy and (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingAcceleratorClass) > 0)) then
			pPlot:SetImprovementType(iImprovementHERC)
		end
		if (ImpID == iImprovementBiowell and (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingPholusMutagenClass) > 0)) then
			pPlot:SetImprovementType(iImprovementMutacology)
		end
		if (ImpID == iImprovementNode) or (ImpID == iImprovementCore) then
			local iRadius = 3
			if (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingSkynetClass) > 0) then
				iRadius = 6
			end
			for pAdjacentPlot in PlotAreaSpiralIterator(pPlot, iRadius, SECTOR_NORTH, DIRECTION_CLOCKWISE, DIRECTION_OUTWARDS, CENTRE_INCLUDE) do
				local iNumUnits = pAdjacentPlot:GetNumUnits()
				for iVal = 0,(iNumUnits - 1) do
					local pUnit = pAdjacentPlot:GetUnit(iVal)
					local iUnitOwner = pUnit:GetOwner()
					if (iUnitOwner == iPlayer) and (pUnit:IsCombatUnit()) then
						pUnit:SetHasPromotion(iNodePromotion, true)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add(CheckImprovements);
10) I didnt see any manganese. I built the undersea mining but it was spawning Golds
11) The Floating Island wonder can be built without nanomat.
-------

I would like to give another suggestions.
A) Cybersub can carry more than 2 cargo, maybe 3 (2 Cargo and 1 Cargo).
B) Actually, you can give indirect promotion to the missile cruiser. (in unit.xml)
Spoiler :
Code:
<Unit_FreePromotions>
  <Row>
  <UnitType>UNIT_MISSILE_CRUISER</UnitType> 
  <PromotionType>PROMOTION_INDIRECT_FIRE</PromotionType> 
  </Row>
  </Unit_FreePromotions>
C) Biodrone and UAV are hovering too low. They are like walking on the ground. Can you make em hover higher?
D) In the FutureLua.lua
Spoiler :
Code:
for pAdjacentPlot in PlotAreaSpiralIterator(pPlot, [COLOR="Blue"]3[/COLOR], SECTOR_NORTH, DIRECTION_CLOCKWISE, DIRECTION_OUTWARDS, CENTRE_EXCLUDE) do
					local iImprovement = pAdjacentPlot:GetImprovementType()
					local iOwner = pAdjacentPlot:GetOwner()
					if (iImprovement == iImprovementAcademy) and (iOwner == iPlayer) then
						pAdjacentPlot:SetImprovementType(iImprovementHERC)
					end
				end
Why it has 3?

E) Perhaps you can split the file into 2 parts to upload in this site

Anyway, thanks for updating. I like the hydroponic part actually. So, i can build civilization on the north pole better. :goodjob:

I've had plans for a mod like this (not realistic ones) and I'm really glad to see this exists! Going to keep a close eye on it! Although we differ in some respects our future tech trees have a lot in common.

Hello Mischa,

Glad to see you back, Jan! :D

I believe Future Worlds should run with them without issue -- I haven't used them yet myself (as I've been reluctant to mess around with installing a DLL mod yet, as easy as it may be), but I looked through the wiki about some of them and don't see any obvious conflicts. With regards to CiD, the Future Worlds buildings will be lacking some of the elements from that mod (such as Power), although it would be fun to, at some point, make a modmod that incorporated CiD yields into Future Worlds. X3

It runs fine, but just bear in mind that Mercs will allow you to get units from the end of the tree as soon as you enter Information.

Regarding the mod - did I miss v3?

v3 was the previous version of the mod, uploaded in early March or so. It's still available for download from civfanatics, although I might have to dig up the link. I probably just neglected to update the version number in the OP, as I'd just replaced the older v2 in the database.

Look, guys! I've recorded all the unique quotes for the new techs that come with the FW mod. Right here. I also added a new quote for Microscale Engineering:

Nice quote! I'll add it when I get the chance!

Not sure if/when I can get around to adding a sound components to all the techs, though... but I'll look into it. :3

Its changed again!!! :crazyeye: I just finished test the V4 A2 (The 23 April 2016 version).

Anyway, thanks for updating. I like the hydroponic part actually. So, i can build civilization on the north pole better. :goodjob:

Thanks for the breakdown -- I'll go through and fix what I can this week. A couple of notes:

The Server Hub has no help/strategic information because... well, there's nothing to put there. The base yields from the building are shown automatically, and it has no building requirements, so... there isn't much to say. I know there's a couple of vanilla buildings that have no text there either, so I didn't think it was a big issue.

I also can't do much about the loitering animation for the drones, as they're rigged to fighters, which normally sit on the ground when not attacking. Trying to elevate the mesh when it's idle would throw it out of whack when attacking (the mesh wouldn't align with the bones).

The Nuclear Fusion and Nanomaterials techs don't have updated text, as I'm having enough trouble getting the help text to work right for my own texts... and it's almost impossible to find the appropriate text strings to replace in the morass of vanilla civ text entries. XD

Strategic View Icons are something I'm going to work on at a later date, possibly when I do the next units revision/update. It takes a lot of graphical work to make all those SV icons, and I'd rather focus on getting other things working properly at this point.

The Particle Accelerator specifically upgrades all Academies within 3 tiles of the city to HERCs, thus the "3" at that point in the code. (I could've defined a variable for that, I suppose...)

I've had plans for a mod like this (not realistic ones) and I'm really glad to see this exists! Going to keep a close eye on it! Although we differ in some respects our future tech trees have a lot in common.

Thanks! I'm always curious what ideas other people have for future techs -- ArbogLi's mod had an interesting tech tree in its own way, and I drew some inspiration from ideas people tossed around for Beyond Earth mods. Certainly, the idea of having the tree split into three "branches" drew significant inspiration from Beyond Earth, although that meant I was limited in other ways...

So I started out trying to find a new image to use as the Human Genome Project's splash, but I quickly got distracted by other ideas. So here goes:

NEW INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS
  • International Space Station
    - As before, but the Wonder also provides a free Space Station in the city where it is built.
  • The Human Genome Project.
    - The world's scientific community comes together to unlock the secrets of humanity's genetic code, providing better medical care for all involved.
    - Becomes once any player has researched Gene Manipulation.
    - Bronze Contributors: Research Labs gain +2 Science; Medical Labs gain +2 Food.
    - Silver Contributors: All Cities gain +1 Population.
    - Gold Contributor: Receive the Human Genome Project Wonder in your Capital, granting all Specialists +1 of their primary Yield.
  • International Asteroid Mining Conference
    - To avoid future conflicts over mineral rights, the nations of the world have agreed to divide the asteroids among themselves.
    - Becomes available once any player has researched Orbital Development.
    - Bronze Contributors: Gain +5 Aluminum.
    - Silver Contributors: Gain +5 Nanomaterials.
    - Gold Contributor: Receive the Ceres Station Wonder in your Capital, increasing the Yields of all your Space-oriented Buildings (Space Stations, Moon Base, etc.).
    - "The stars are better off without us." -James S.A. Corey
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :
  • Space Elevator
    - Pooling our resources, the nations of the world have dedicated themselves to building the tallest structure ever conceived. Only one nation can control it, however, but those who assist in its construction may gain access for a nominal fee.
    - Becomes available once any player has researched Hyperstructures.
    - Bronze Contributors: Spaceship Parts and Space-oriented buildings have reduced Production costs.
    - Silver Contributors: Space-oriented Buildings have reduced Maintenance Costs / provide compensating Gold.
    - Gold Contributor: Receive the Space Elevator Wonder in your Capital, which provides Gold equal to half the Maintenance cost of Space-oriented Buildings owned by all players, as well as an additional bursts of bonus Gold whenever another player completes a Spaceship part.
    - "At the summit you will find yourself united with all those who, from every direction, have made the same ascent. For everything that rises must converge." -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
    -
    Spoiler :
    or

-
    Spoiler :

NEW WONDERS
  • World One
    - Currently under construction in Mumbai, World One will be the tallest residential building in the world.
    - Requires (something 3rd Column-ish in the Information Era).
    - Not sure of specific bonuses, but definitely should be oriented toward Tall Civs, perhaps reducing Unhappiness from Population.
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :
  • Vrindavan Chandrodaya Mandir
    - Currently under construction in Vrindavan, India, this will be the world's tallest temple when completed.
    - Requires Mimetics and a Holy City.
    - Something to make Religion relevant in the Information Age. Perhaps all Cities that follow this City's Religion gains some bonus, and the City with the Wonder gains a bonus for itself for each such City.
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :
  • Jurassic Park
    - Because we got to make use of those Dinosaur units somehow.
    - Requires Designer Life
    - Grants Science and additional Happiness to all Zoos. Provides a free Zoo.
    - "Life finds a way." Ian Malcolm.
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :
  • Ocean Flower Island
    - A huge artificial archipelago currently under construction in Hainan, China.
    - Requires Artificial Environments and Coast.
    - Provides a free Semiotic Resort (see below). When your Ideology is dominant, Units produced in any Unhappy Civilization have a chance of flipping to your side and appearing in this City.
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :
  • The Shatterdome
    - The fictitious mega-fortress from Pacific Rim.
    - Requires Adamantium and Coast.
    - Provides a significant boost to City's Combat Strength and HP. Armored Units gain Amphibious and additional Strength against Mutant Units (or Melee Units in general if we can't single out the Mutants).
    -
    Spoiler :

-
    Spoiler :

NEW BUILDINGS
  • Tectonic Extractor
    - This was originally going to be a Borehole, but you beat me to the punch. So instead, it got a new name.
    - Requires Nuclear Fusion, cannot be built in same City as a Biofactory.
    - Provides +8 Product and has a chance to reveal numerous Mine-based Resources in the vicinity. It's essentially filling in for the Autoplant, which I think should be ratcheted back a bit and moved to Robotics to represent modern-day (mostly) automated factories.
    -
    Spoiler :
  • Skylifter
    - This is a solar-powered aerial crane capable of lifting 150 tons.
    - Requires Ecotheory?
    - Provides +10% Building and Wonder Production.
    -
    Spoiler :
  • Semiotic Resort
    - Propaganda meets Tourism.
    - Requires Neural Interface and a Hotel (and a Natural Wonder?).
    - Each Tier 3 Tenet you have adopted provides +15% Tourism in this City.
    -
    Spoiler :
  • Orbital Habitat
    - Turn your Space Stations into mini-Cities.
    - Requires Archologies and a Space Station.
    - Increases the Population in this City by 1. Gains additional yield for each Specialist in a Space Station Module.
    -
    Spoiler :

Patched up a number of the bugs TimurB uncovered. Dropbox link is updated, as is Steam.

@Reedstilt: That's a pretty amazing number of ideas, there. XD I'll have to pick through them a bit, although thanks for reminding me about Jurassic Park!

I do have some plans for an Orbital Elevator National Wonder, though. I even put an icon in the atlas for it! :D

Patched up a number of the bugs TimurB uncovered. Dropbox link is updated, as is Steam.

Fantastic, thanks!
I hope to destroy India then give this new ver a go.
The dilemma of finishing a good game vs starting a new one with updated mods...

Strategic View Icons are something I'm going to work on at a later date, possibly when I do the next units revision/update. It takes a lot of graphical work to make all those SV icons, and I'd rather focus on getting other things working properly at this point.

The Particle Accelerator specifically upgrades all Academies within 3 tiles of the city to HERCs, thus the "3" at that point in the code.
I just finished test the V4 A4 (25-04-2016 version)
Well, most major issues are fixed. :king: It left the minor issues: the strategic icons ofcourse (the improvement SV), and the underconstruction model for the core (you actually have one. Its Node_hb.fxsxml).

3 tiles? When i was building the academy on my 5th tiles, it changed to HERC. I think the checkimprovements code is overwriting it. But its a good thing, right.
Spoiler :
Code:
function CheckImprovements (iHexX, iHexY, iContinent1, iContinent2)
	local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(ToGridFromHex(iHexX, iHexY))
	local Owner = pPlot:GetOwner()
	local pPlayer = Players[Owner];
	if (pPlayer) then
		if (ImpID == iImprovementAcademy and (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingAcceleratorClass) > 0)) then
			pPlot:SetImprovementType(iImprovementHERC)
		end
		if (ImpID == iImprovementBiowell and (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingPholusMutagenClass) > 0)) then
		end
		if (ImpID == iImprovementNode) then
			local iRadius = 3
			if (pPlayer:GetBuildingClassCount(iBuildingSkynetClass) > 0) then
				iRadius = 6
			end
			for pAdjacentPlot in PlotAreaSpiralIterator(pPlot, iRadius, SECTOR_NORTH, DIRECTION_CLOCKWISE, DIRECTION_OUTWARDS, CENTRE_INCLUDE) do
				local iNumUnits = pAdjacentPlot:GetNumUnits()
				for iVal = 0,(iNumUnits - 1) do
					local pUnit = pAdjacentPlot:GetUnit(iVal)
					local iUnitOwner = pUnit:GetOwner()
					if (iUnitOwner == Owner) and (pUnit:IsCombatUnit()) then
						pUnit:SetHasPromotion(iNodePromotion, true)
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add(CheckImprovements);

Another issue i found. When the skynet is online (built) every combat unit has skynet promotion. And the network node effect is double. From 3 to 6. But my unit on the 5th tile didnt get the battle network promotion immediately. I should move it to another tile to get the promotion.

Anyway, i thought you were working with the wonder model. I saw a big tower in my city but it was actually the CN tower wonder :sad:

I just finished test the V4 A4 (25-04-2016 version)
Well, most major issues are fixed. :king: It left the minor issues: the strategic icons ofcourse (the improvement SV), and the underconstruction model for the core (you actually have one. Its Node_hb.fxsxml).

Hmm... I thought I'd fixed that one already. Ah well, it's fixed now.

3 tiles? When i was building the academy on my 5th tiles, it changed to HERC. I think the checkimprovements code is overwriting it. But its a good thing, right.

Basically, when you build the Accelerator, it changes all Academies within 3 tiles of the city the Accelerator is built in into HERCs, but leaves all other Academies unchanged. However, any Academies built after the Accelerator is completed get converted into HERCs.

I suppose I could have the Accelerator convert all Academies in the empire, but I wanted to encourage the player to build it in a specific city that had several Academies already. On the other hand, if a player didn't have many Academies, then not many HERCs would appear, so I added the second part so any future Academies would become HERCs. :p

Another issue i found. When the skynet is online (built) every combat unit has skynet promotion. And the network node effect is double. From 3 to 6. But my unit on the 5th tile didnt get the battle network promotion immediately. I should move it to another tile to get the promotion.

Anyway, i thought you were working with the wonder model. I saw a big tower in my city but it was actually the CN tower wonder :sad:

Basically, there's no trigger to update the promotions on units when Skynet is built. I'll have to add one in when I get the chance, but this shows why the current design of the Node is such a headache -- it's quite difficult to track every different situation that happens to try and keep units updated dynamically. For example, I don't know if I can ever handle the case that someone conquers the city holding Skynet, simultaneously giving their own units the promotion while the previous civ's units should lose theirs.

The "units starting within range of a Node get the promotion" design is starting to look more and more appealing. :p

The "units starting within range of a Node get the promotion" design is starting to look more and more appealing. :p
I would actually vote for that as a balance between gameplay effects and processing-load. UnitSetXY type handling and plot scanning iterators are in my opinion the most lag-inducing methods possible -- but aren't nearly so noticable to the player (even on much slower rigs) when done during turn processing. Everything in Future Worlds is going on in the late-game, when there is normally much more processing to be done per-player, whether that processing be PlayerTurnProcessing or UnitMovementProcessing. The problem with the later is that all of the processing-per-unit has to be done to one degree or another for each and every tile a single unit enters, whereas when packed into PlayerTurnProcessing only has to be done once per unit per turn.

Basically, when you build the Accelerator, it changes all Academies within 3 tiles of the city the Accelerator is built in into HERCs, but leaves all other Academies unchanged. However, any Academies built after the Accelerator is completed get converted into HERCs.
Yes, but after we reloaded the game, the rest of the academies changed into HERCs. That became inconsistent. I think the way you are doing the mutacology is better than the HERC.
Spoiler :
Code:
function CityBuiltTest(iPlayer, iCity, iBuilding, bGold, bFaithOrCulture)
        [COLOR="Red"]if iBuilding == iBuildingAccelerator then
                local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
                local pCity = pPlayer:GetCityByID(iCity)
				local pPlot = pCity:Plot()
				local iCityX = pPlot:GetX()
				local iCityY = pPlot:GetY()
				for pAdjacentPlot in PlotAreaSpiralIterator(pPlot, 3, SECTOR_NORTH, DIRECTION_CLOCKWISE, DIRECTION_OUTWARDS, CENTRE_EXCLUDE) do
					local iImprovement = pAdjacentPlot:GetImprovementType()
					local iOwner = pAdjacentPlot:GetOwner()
					if (iImprovement == iImprovementAcademy) and (iOwner == iPlayer) then
						pAdjacentPlot:SetImprovementType(iImprovementHERC)
					end
				end
        end[/COLOR]
		[COLOR="Blue"]if iBuilding == iBuildingPholusMutagen then
			local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer];
			for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
				local i;
				for i = 0, pCity:GetNumCityPlots() - 1, 1 do
					local pPlot = pCity:GetCityIndexPlot( i );
					if (pPlot ~= nil) then
						if ( pPlot:GetOwner() == pCity:GetOwner() ) then
							if (ImpID == iImprovementBiowell) then
							end
						end
					end
				end
			end
		end[/COLOR]
end
GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(CityBuiltTest)

Basically, there's no trigger to update the promotions on units when Skynet is built. I'll have to add one in when I get the chance, but this shows why the current design of the Node is such a headache -- it's quite difficult to track every different situation that happens to try and keep units updated dynamically.
Perhaps you can use your cityBuiltTest code. But thats the thing right. We do it because its difficult, haha :p
Spoiler :
Code:
function CityBuiltTest(iPlayer, iCity, iBuilding, bGold, bFaithOrCulture)
        if iBuilding == iBuildingSkynetClass then
end
GameEvents.CityConstructed.Add(CityBuiltTest

For example, I don't know if I can ever handle the case that someone conquers the city holding Skynet, simultaneously giving their own units the promotion while the previous civ's units should lose theirs.
Thats the unthinkable. Cause, i never tried to lost my capital in purpose. I did the test as soon as i read this. The combat units of the new owner have the skynet promotion. BUT, the old combat units of the prev owner are still having the skynet promotion. AND, the new combat units of the prev owner (after the prev owner lost the skynet) are not having the skynet promotion.

Is there any trigger when you lost a city? I think you can use that to remove the promotion.

Im imagining it will be like the fountain of youth and the kilimanjaro.
NOW, im thinking how the FIRAXIS code the fountain of youth. Cause its working just like the node.

Top Bottom