• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

G-Major 117

A big congratulations to bcool for an awesome 1790 AD win in just two days and Seraiel for pulling out an 1862 AD. It took me three weeks to complete the game, I should have abandoned after the first day; it was supposed to be a "test" game to be followed up with a really competitive game. I was about to start my futile (never would be able to complete it before this update) competitive game with Hatshepsut when I noticed that the update just completed.

I was surprised that kovacsflo didn't get a submission in on time. Maybe the "no city razing" option was a bigger problem than he thought. More likely he just didn't have enough time to finish his game.

I don't believe that TheMeInTeam was that committed to playing this gauntlet. His strategy may have been quite competitive though (with my game at least).

Sun Tzu Wu

I was surprised that kovacsflo didn't get a submission in on time. Maybe the "no city razing" option was a bigger problem than he thought. More likely he just didn't have enough time to finish his game.
Sun Tzu Wu

"No city razing" was not required.

This was a fun game. I did kill all the AI for a conquest victory, but went over the domination limit at the same time. I had too may shared borders that allowed large land gains after the AI culture was gone.

I sent this game into a tailspin trying to conquer my second AI's hill capitol. First, I lost a big stack to his archers, then a second big stack to his longbows. This severely hurt. I did catch back up.

I had included Churchill in my game because in my experience, he is usually a backwards pushover. Not so. He was the tech and power leader in my game. To make things worse, he declared on my and dragged the second most advanced AI when he had Modern Armors, Mobile Artillery and Mech Infantry. Unfortunately, I had just gotten tanks. I share a large border with him, but luckily, most of his units were sitting in three cities on the other side of my lands.

I was able to overcome his advances, and eventually kill two of his spaceships and one other. I had to raze a top culture city from to other AI before I had the upper hand. There was a major AI die off in 2016 (shameful, I know). I was awarded a 2017 AD domination. Foiled again by the Domination/Conquest gods.

"No city razing" was not required.

Correct. If one looks back at one of kovacsflo's posts in this thread, he mentioned using the optional option "No City Razing" in order to capture cities that never reached population 2 without auto-razing the cities. I was simply suggesting that he may have had trouble eliminating all Civs without triggering domination. However, the real reason may have been simply lack of time to complete a submission. I will not speculate any further.

I have participated in a lot of Deity Gauntlets in the past few years with a fairly strong motivation to submit a #1 game and failed to manage a single submission. So I understand how easy it can be to be committed to a #1 submission and yet fail to submit a single winning game.

Sun Tzu Wu

This gauntlet is now closed.

Results:
G-Major 117 - Conquest, Deity, Classical, Large, Quick, Pangaea
1st bcool 1790 AD
2nd Seraiel 1862 AD
3rd Sun Tzu Wu 1987 AD

Congratulations to all who took part!

Big congrats to the winners :cool:

I quit this one in rage after 3 good starts were scuttled by the insane AI

This was a fun game. I did kill all the AI for a conquest victory, but went over the domination limit at the same time. I had too may shared borders that allowed large land gains after the AI culture was gone.

I sent this game into a tailspin trying to conquer my second AI's hill capitol. First, I lost a big stack to his archers, then a second big stack to his longbows. This severely hurt. I did catch back up.

I had included Churchill in my game because in my experience, he is usually a backwards pushover. Not so. He was the tech and power leader in my game. To make things worse, he declared on my and dragged the second most advanced AI when he had Modern Armors, Mobile Artillery and Mech Infantry. Unfortunately, I had just gotten tanks. I share a large border with him, but luckily, most of his units were sitting in three cities on the other side of my lands.

I was able to overcome his advances, and eventually kill two of his spaceships and one other. I had to raze a top culture city from to other AI before I had the upper hand. There was a major AI die off in 2016 (shameful, I know). I was awarded a 2017 AD domination. Foiled again by the Domination/Conquest gods.

The Dom coin flip got you again? :eek::dubious::wow:

When things get that close, all you can do is try for a 5 turn civic change so borders won't expand anywhere, but if you are way over the dom limit on last turn just need some luck.

The Dom coin flip got you again? :eek::dubious::wow:

When things get that close, all you can do is try for a 5 turn civic change so borders won't expand anywhere, but if you are way over the dom limit on last turn just need some luck.

Civic disorder is a great tip, Kaitzilla!

Other options are ues the minimum number of opponents (8) for larger land domination limit. With 13-14 opponents the land domination limit is 51%. Plus stay well under the domination limit. I stayed under 42% until the end of the game was about < 5t away. That was way lower than necessary, but I knew that would allow me to stay under as long as I didn't carelessly add too many cities in the end game.

Sun Tzu Wu

Top Bottom