G-Major 14

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
While the general Hall of Fame is an ongoing competition, we like to run time-definite competitions between updates that we call Gauntlets. Standard Hall of Fame rules (*) still apply, but any games meeting the settings will be counted towards the Gauntlet.

[size=+2](*) Please read the >> HOF rules << BEFORE playing!
[/size]​

Settings:
  • Victory Condition: Cultural (though all victory conditions must be enabled)
  • Difficulty: Deity
  • Starting Era: Ancient
  • Map Size: Standard
  • Map Type: Any
  • Speed: Any
  • Civ: Any
  • Opponents: Any
  • Version: 1.74.001 or 2.13.001
  • Date: 26th July to 24th August 2007
The earliest finish date wins, with score as a tiebreaker.
See G-Major 14 for details.

Inspired by this thread.

Gee, thanks Jesusin.

Now we all have to try and actually figure out how to get Liberalism in the BC years for real..............

So 1.61 is no longer valid? Is that true for all HoF submissions or just this Gauntlet?

Are warlords people not allowed to compete? That's not good.

So 1.61 is no longer valid? Is that true for all HoF submissions or just this Gauntlet?
You've got a month or so before we get picky on 1.61...the patches can be gotten freely without BTS. But, no, no more Gauntlets under 1.61.

Are warlords people not allowed to compete? That's not good.
When I read the (inspirational) talk about comparison games in Jesusin's thread, I assumed that implied Vanilla like his original run. I'm open to adding Warlords though if you all do want it...

Thanks to the VERY helpful advice on these boards, I managed to install the new patches and associated DirectX things without any hassles, without BtS. So if I can do it, then anyone can do it.

When I read the (inspirational) talk about comparison games in Jesusin's thread, I assumed that implied Vanilla like his original run. I'm open to adding Warlords though if you all do want it...

I think without Warlords there will not be enough participation/competition. Bring 'em on! We're not afraid of them! (Even after the massacre that was g-minor 23...not sure why Warlords was so much better on that.)

I'm for adding Warlords.

You've got a month or so before we get picky on 1.61...the patches can be gotten freely without BTS. But, no, no more Gauntlets under 1.61

Before moving on, I'd like to load jesusin's 1.61.011 game....for obvious reasons ;) For the past several months, every time I try to load one of these I get an error saying it needs to load hof mod 1.16.008. It also complains that the mods/hof-1.61.008 directory is missing. Am I the only one with this problem?

I prefer Warlords to Vanilla - but I do like the idea of a Vanilla-only gauntlet, because it does make comparison a little easier.

Having said that, with everyone getting BtS, there might be less interest in gauntlets generally this month, so maybe it doesn't matter.

I don't really mind either way, although I'm certainly up for the challenge. Jesusin makes it sound so easy!

[*]Date: 26th July to 24th August 2007[/list]

Inspired by this thread.

Oooooh. A tailored Gauntlet! Thank you guys, you’ll make me weep, what a nice Birthday gift!

But I am already weeping for other reason. In August! I will be away from my computer the whole month! Life is so xxxxxx sometimes!

Before moving on, I'd like to load jesusin's 1.61.011 game....for obvious reasons ;)

Hey! I have already given away all my secrets, what do you think you will find?
Anyway, please, take a good look at them, and pretty-please, tell me of anything you would have done differently, improvements, city locations, anything.

I don’t think that Vanilla and Warlords are really comparable, but since they haven’t been put apart on the tables or on previous Gauntlets, why make this one different? Please, allow Warlords players to compete.

(Even after the massacre that was g-minor 23...not sure why Warlords was so much better on that.)
I got a feeling that Warlords has nothing to do with the "massacre". :)

The same thing could be easily done in Vanilla playing as Saladin (Spi+Phi, equivalent to Gandhi in Warlords) or something. The trick was to forget about cottage spam habits, switch to Caste System in 3000BC, spam GS, lightbulb the path to Biology, Rocketry, and other good stuff. Nothing specific to Warlords.

Unfortunately I could not pull this off myself, I failed like 4 games ending up with Domination, but at least I think I can see the light.

I propose the staff should extend the deadline not to be deprived of jesusin's skill. 1,5 or 2 months would be enough, I think.

OK, I usually just play warlords, but decided to try this. Thus I needed the new mod. I loaded it and started the game. Now I get a message that says:

The assets are different from a standard install. Contact the HOF staff.

Any help? Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere and I missed it...

OK, I usually just play warlords, but decided to try this. Thus I needed the new mod. I loaded it and started the game. Now I get a message that says:

The assets are different from a standard install. Contact the HOF staff.

Any help? Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere and I missed it...
Please see my answer to your post in the HOF Questions and Answers Thread. Please, just one post is all that is necessary. Also, the HOF Mod Support/Suggestions thread is the place for issues with the HOF Mod. That's the place to get the fastest response.

Please see my answer to your post in the HOF Questions and Answers Thread. Please, just one post is all that is necessary. Also, the HOF Mod Support/Suggestions thread is the place for issues with the HOF Mod. That's the place to get the fastest response.

Thanks..I would have withdrawn it here if I could have...since someone told me where to post problems after I posted it here! :goodjob:

Well I've had a first go at this.

Lost in 1500AD (had about 10 turns left to win). I didn't have a great map in the end or much luck. Only 1 religion the whole game. Missed Taoism by 2 turns and Liberalism by 3. Only 3 health resources in my 6 cities and could only trade for 1. Surpirisingly, I think I may actually be able to do this but we'll see...

Bah. In my 6th attempt, my best city had a whopping 2,500 culture by 1000 AD. I fail to see how it can be possible to get even one city legendary by that time, let alone all three.

What leader did you use, Ozbenno?

Top Bottom