G-Major 22

Well, actually, it happens more often than you think. G-Major 18 was my first gauntlet and also on continents. I made well over 100 attempts at that one and never did beat it. At least five of those attempts, however, started with everybody on one continent. That's why I don't consider it an exploit or glitch. If there is a gentlepersons' :) agreement not to do this, then (being a gentleperson) I won't. The question is, has such an agreement been reached?

BTW- What is XOTM? I did a search in the forums, but didn't get a very clear picture from the search results.

XOTM, one of GOTM, WOTM, BOTM (X stands for unknown variable).

I guess I haven't played enough continents games if I've never seen it before :lol: Hopefully we can get the others to agree to not use degenerate continents!

how about continents where the gap can be crossed with galleys?
I had one of those for the last minor, it takes forever ferrying a big army over in galleys but its quicker than teching astro

I see your point, which is why I suggested we might want to change the format of the gauntlet and have everybody play on the same map.
Welcome the Hall of Fame. :band:

What you describe would be a GOTM. Since that idea is already taken, we go with our strengths here, which is playing many different maps (once each, of course) and try to improve over time.

Hmm, I didn't realize that the Game of the Month was a different tournament. I'll have to give that a try as well. Thanks. My wife will probably hate you too now. lol

no more than mine does since I took on a staff role there ;)

don't let Denniz see you have a wife though, apparently that breaks an unwritten rule here for (E)QM candidates :rolleyes: :D

Well, I've still got the only submission so far. Come on peeps! Let's get this party started. I went with JC and finished 1876. Just finished trying to improve on that and got my butt kicked. Didn't have my continent sufficiently under control before teching for Astro. Took way more losses than expected on 2nd AI and then Napoleon hit me while I was down. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

:cry:

I'm playing a quite promising game as Ragnar. Stone PH Capital, Great Wall, raging barbs, MC slingshot, Pyramids. Didn't attack before getting Berserkers. Currently 920 AD, first AI is nearly down. 22 Berserkers, 5 Galleys. Astronomy in about 20 turns. Everything researched by hand except Prophet->Theo, and Monarchy+Archery by trade.

The number of enemies is horrible; so is maintenance. I don't think this gauntlet can be won with only carracks and swords.

Only 2 opponents on my continent - but picking raging barbs and The Loon as rival obviously did their job: The four civs on the other continent are ages away from astronomy. 2 of them got Longbows and cats, but no Maces yet.

I love my Berserkers. There's nothing like sailing with 2 or 4 of them (CR2 from theo) behind the enemy lines and capturing a core city directly from galley - without losses.

Btw, am I the only one who thinks it's rather funny that in order to train Berserkers you need a Code of Laws and Bureaucracy?

I guess I'm still a noob around here. I imagine that Stone PH Capital means that you started with stone in your capital, but what does PH mean? Also, I imagine that MC slingshot means you either bulbed or got Metal Casting from Oracle, but you didn't mention building Oracle, so that means you burned a GE, yes? Finally, who the heck is The Loon, Louis?? Anyway, good luck with your shield munchers. I don't think it's surprising that you need CoL and Bureacracy to build them. What do you think drives them berserk??:crazyeye:

There can only be 1 loon, it has to be Montezuma ;)

I guess I'm still a noob around here. I imagine that Stone PH Capital means that you started with stone in your capital, but what does PH mean? Also, I imagine that MC slingshot means you either bulbed or got Metal Casting from Oracle, but you didn't mention building Oracle, so that means you burned a GE, yes? Finally, who the heck is The Loon, Louis?? Anyway, good luck with your shield munchers. I don't think it's surprising that you need CoL and Bureacracy to build them. What do you think drives them berserk??:crazyeye:

slingshot=oracle tech :)

I am out of HOF. There are 24 hours per day only and I need to work at least 8 of them, to sleep at least 6... there are another private things to do. Finally I can't play xOTM and HOF in parallel. Last time there are a lot interesting and fat maps in xOTM, so I live there :)

Top Bottom