G-Major 22

Well I'm still waiting for my entry to be accepted. I ended up teching all the way up to astronomy + MT + rifling... There was lots to be desired on that part... I made a mistake in selecting my opponents as I chose all peacemongers and they teched whored like crazy. Liberalism went around 1000 AD on BTS (very rare) and I lost circumnavigation too. The latter hurt more - I was crushing Gandhi (first to liberalism) when he got the tech so while it sucked, it wasn't fatal to my game. I was luckily able to capitulate the last two opponents on the last turn - but I was worried that I was going to trigger domination instead of conquest :lol:

I don't think it's possible to win this gauntlet using only swords... You'll need at least maces, and depending on your opponents, maybe better.

I got a couple of maps with five out of six AIs on my home continent. I played them for a while but didn't finish either. Just goofing around waiting for the mext GOTM, actually. DOubt I'll finish in time to submit, but I bet that by conquering your continent aroudn the time of Astro and the sending 500,000 cats to the other guy, you can take him down even if he has tanks. Furthermore, being alone, he's likely to not be all that technologically advanced.

Well, I'm still in front with a 1270AD warlords finish. The game was a bit messed up. I specifically chose an Industrious leader and ended up playing a no wonder game. I had the same problem as Shuyhe; peaceful AIs racing up the tech tree. 4 AIs on my continent and I started in a corner with Ramesses.

I missed a Machinery sling by one turn but hit my nearest neighbours (Isabella and Cyrus) quickly. Fred and Asoka were the other AIs on the continent and both had great capitals (Fred had 2 food and 3 gold in the BFC). Fred reached Feudalism in 600BC and Asoka was shortly after. I traded a lot of techs with them but this really ended my war chariot rush. I attacked with maces while researching toward Astro. I picked up guilds from Asoka when he capitulated and Engineering from Washington. I sent a caravel to meet the other continent.

I can't remember my astro date but it was near 700AD. Washington and Gandhi were on the other continent and they capitulated pretty quickly. I finished the wars with knights including my upgraded, high promoted war chariots and finally grenadiers after lightbulbing chemistry.

Top Bottom