[GCiv] Galactic Civilizations III v2.8 brings major AI improvements

Today we released Galactic Civilizations III v2.8 which brings major AI improvements! AI feels more human-like thanks to v2.8's "supreme commander" system update.

More info and changelog here: https://forums.galciv3.com/487114

Have to say, Dog, GC iii is really rocking! You've hit this out of the park, no question. I've revisited the game after the latest Civ VI expansion disheartened me - I had stopped playing GC iii due to sound issues (which have since been fixed). GC iii plays very differently now, colony planning takes much more care. I'd love to see a well-written manual on cities, btw. I can't seem to find a single baseline rule about when you can build them.

Anyways, for you civr's like me who can't stand the way VI is headed, GC iii is amazing.

Ludicrous (on 5.4 ram btw), no victory conditions, slowest possible settings. You can play ludicrous even if its greyed out by making a map with the editor. You don't have to play that map, you just have to make one. I use 22 civs, no pirates, uncommon and rare astroids and space debris, so that might help. Only issue is when I misclick a ship's route onto a black hole. Like everything else, GC iii seems to bow to the power of a black hole. Right-clicking on one stalls the game for a few minutes, and then gives it the shakes for a few turns once it recovers.

Current game I've got 72 colonies so far and no issues... but haven't really explored the map beyond my little corner.

edit: bdtgazo on the GCiii forum.

Top Bottom