• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

GAM-1 Med/Lar Mon/Emp Pangaea Cultural Victory

Looking at the minimap, attacking the Maya first looks like a good idea to me. They are smaller than Korea, which mean something (they're really tiny! :D ).

oSAMA demands we give him philo. we are in no way to deal with a war now. cave.
The Al Qaeda (or however you spell that) are in the game? :lol:
notice we lost both wonders.
we can do without.
Yes, Judging from the notes on turns two and three, Maya, Sumeria, and Greece were all building the ToA in their respective capitals- Chichen Itza, Ur, and Athens- then Ur got the Temple, so Chichen Itza cascaded to Pyramids and Athens cascaded to the Hanging Gardens.

Hey,

Korea will give incense + 50gp for Iron.

Blaze Injun
when we hook up the dyes, that and korea will save us loads of lux.
from 20 (now) to zero.

BUT,
if we want to get rid of korea soon (next few sets) we would like to face spears and archers, not pikes and MDIs.

i think we should discuss this prior to game play?

Hey,

I agree. Talk first. War or Culture

If culture. I can continue the push towards east coast. This would also give us a wedge between Ottomans and pressure The greeks. I must also say I have never tried for a culture victory before. So please advise.

If war I'd like to MM a few cities to MDI in the south.

My view is connect the dyes. Drop LUX to 10%. Build up a few MDIs and push south. Plus we have some elite Chariots that might come in handy.

The Army is another thing. Do we make a MDI army and push right through Korea. Keeping Cheju and Wosan. With the help of some combat settlers we could also get close to the Mayans and perhaps the Pyramids at Chichen Itza

Blaze Injun
The world 's oldest Hockey stick sold for 1.9 million. :eek:

Without looking at save, but piramids and ToA will help a lot so I tend to go war to claim both, after that try to maintain peace.

Without looking at save, but piramids and ToA will help a lot so I tend to go war to claim both, after that try to maintain peace.
they would indeed help, but both civs are far away.
too far for my liking.

my position is to keep building our culture builds, while aiming for the pyramids.
when we get that (IIRC, we have to get through 2 civs to get those)
no.
UR has pyramids. we can use our town there as a base, then do a quick wipe of them.
please someone check save.

immediate war = korea.
close by with 2 tradeable lux's.
small, even to us.

so - war later for pyramids,
and keep expanding for 20 then hit korea,
or hit them now (in the 10 turns or so) we can build some more hardened troops. easy victory. if so = dont give them iron.

Hey,

UR has the TOA. Hence the Korean Run to Mayan lands. I believe that Chichen Itza is located under the fog near the Korean border.

I'd like to wait for at least 7 turns to set the attack in motion.
That gives time for MMing at least 4 MDI on the Border for the attack.
Plus elite chariots moved for push south.

I vote for The Korean Campaign.

Blaze Injun

Facts concerning Korea:
  • "Compared to these guys, we have a strong military!"
  • We have 13 War Chariots who are dying to have some fun.
  • We have a empty Army, which we could really use to pound Korea.
  • Korea has 2 luxuries that we dont have (silks and incense). We could really use those... :mischief:
  • Korea has horses.

Things we need to do:
  • Organize our troops. If we go to war, we need to have them at the gates ready to bring death among Korea.
  • No more workers. I think we have enough workers, just not in the right spots.
  • Do something about our low treasury.
  • Build infrastructure (?). Some defense units just in case (?).

Egyptian-Korean Border 150BC

The towns in red circles mean the ones we need to at least raze/capture during the war, especially Wonsan because of the horses. Also, in Buto and Sewage, we need defense. We cant go to war without defense on the towns surrounded by Koreans.

That's my $0.02.

I'm fine with waring with Korea. I don't think we should do it right away though, our people need time to cool off after the last conflict. The 2 luxs would be huge, then we can kind of chill out for a while. Plus, we can probably get them to declare by telling them to leave every time they bring someone into our territory (guaranteed to happen with our territory running down the middle of thiers). With a Knight or MDI army we could roll through them.

I think we should stop granaries build in outer towns. Save the shields for Tem/Lib/Caths/Court.

We still need to get culture up, has anyone ran CivAssist on the save and seen what the Estimated cultural victory date is? I'm sure its ugly, but it is early.

Current order:

nerovats-On Deck
Ansar the King
glenmetz
Soul Warrior
Blaze Injun-Playing

Yes, Temple of Artemis is in Ur, the Sumerian capital, Pyramids are in Chichen Itza, the Mayan capital, and the Hanging Gardens (not important, just wanted to mention this) are in Athens, the Greek capital.

Hey,
I'll play my turns in a few.
Need input Question. What do we want to study next.

Here is the plan.
1. Move troops into position for war with Korea in 10 turn. nerovats will have to general.
2. I agree that tem/libs on border towns.
3. Some homeland defense in the border towns.
4. Organize workers.
5. MMing for MDIs. 4 or so.
6. Cities to northeast and east.
7. Dyes for LUX to 10 %

Anything else?

Blaze Injun

What do we want to study next.
I believe we should study Theology next. :religion:
Here is the plan.
1. Move troops into position for war with Korea in 10 turn. nerovats will have to general.
2. I agree that tem/libs on border towns.
3. Some homeland defense in the border towns.
4. Organize workers.
5. MMing for MDIs. 4 or so.
6. Cities to northeast and east.
7. Dyes for LUX to 10 %

Anything else?
Looks good to me. Just make sure to take a screenshot. :)

Looks good, once we get Theology, switch the wonder builds around and see if we can get both Sistine and either Leo's or Sun Tzu's. Sistine and Chapels and we'd never have to worry about happiness.

Top Bottom