Game crashes when I click "Next Turn" at the same turn, without fail (Mac version)

verdo

Chieftain
Hello! I could really use some with will a particular issue

I'm having major issues playing the game (Civilization V with both expansion packs installed) on my 13 inch macbook pro. I'm at the later stage of the game, but it keeps crashing. The thing is though, it crashes at exactly the same place, every time (it always happens at turn 423, to be precise). It did this once before, and what resolved it was by me giving away two of my cities to one of the AI in game. I really don't get it, but now I've literally tried everything i can think of. I tried lowering the graphics to bare minimum, changing resolution, loading from an autosave, etc. But no matter what I do, I always crash at that exact point. When it crashes, it takes me right back to my desktop, and it will say the game crashed unexpectedly. Here are my specs:

Macbook Pro 13 inch, mid 2012 (no retina display)
Processor: 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i5 Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Grahpics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1024 MB)
Software: OS X 10.9.1

So here is what I've tried. I've tried setting all graphics settings to the lowest, turning vsync off and such. I tried to verify the game cache, and it only caught one bad file, which is normal from what I read on here. Regardless, it still didn't work. As mentioned I tried on earlier autosave but it still crashed at turn 423. At this turn, I am doing nothing intensive on my end, but the AI just ends a bunch of wars.

I also attached the game save file itself, so you can see exactly what is going on. It is saved very close to turn 423 where I'm having the issues. If any of you manage to get past turn 423, please do me a favour by posting it here so I can add it to my saved games folder, which will hopefully let me continue playing.

you can download the save file here: http://www.speedyshare.com/zbwpF/Rome-4.Civ5Save

I will appreciate any help you guys can give me. Remember, i'm playing this on a mac

I am having a similar problem. I have been able to play for several days, and this just started happening with one game.

I am Inca on Earth map, and at turn 118 it freezes.

Any ideas?

Top Bottom