Game crashes when player tries to load a save while the game is played.

gunslinger6792

Warlord
I know the tittle is a little confusing but let me explain. I start up civ 5 activate mods and begin a game. after a few turns if i try to load a slightly older save or go to the main menu the game crashes. this only happens when i try to play with mods. This whole problem began 2 weeks back when i tried playing the game in online mode without internet. this caused the game to deleate all my mods. Later when i got a viable connection the game refused to redownload mods so i unistalled civ 5 and later steam. since then i have unistalled and reinstalled civ 5 plus steam over 5 times and nothings stuck. I never had this problem before so i have no idea whats causing it. Is it possible I have to many mods active? that said i never have more than 8 mods active the big ones are IGE, RED, Perfect world 3 and gedomons revolution pack.

Attachments

• civilizationv_dx11_341540_crash_2012_11_3T23_22_2C0.7z
    20.1 KB · Views: 48
The members who help troubleshoot in this forum probably don't have all of the mods that you use. You should ask for advice in the C&C subforum. Two of the mods may conflict with each other, one of the mods may be bugged, or one or more of the mods may not be compatible with the recent patch.

I have tried deactivating it and it doesn't seem to make a difference.after doing further work i discovered that the game begins crashing once more than one mod is enabled. this includes RED, Perfect world, Info addict and IGE. one mod by itself works but more than two and attempt to go to main menu or restart the game on your first turn causes the game to crash. I posted a new crashlog on my thread in C&C

If anyone is still watching this I have run a check on the integrity of the game cache and every time i do this it comes back saying it found 2 problems. the game then downloads something but it still crashes in the way ive stated above. Once the game crashes i can go back verify integrity it finds 2 problems, downloads and then will crash. I figure this may or may not be useful information though I'm begining to think its a steam problem clashing with the game.

If anyone is still watching this I have run a check on the integrity of the game cache and every time i do this it comes back saying it found 2 problems. the game then downloads something but it still crashes in the way ive stated above. Once the game crashes i can go back verify integrity it finds 2 problems, downloads and then will crash. I figure this may or may not be useful information though I'm begining to think its a steam problem clashing with the game.

I have this exact same issue. I have tried enabling and disabling Steam Cloud and Steam Community, but that didn't fix anything.

EDIT: Turned out it was simply a result of not having the same mods loaded as when I saved the game, duh!

Top Bottom