Game gets stuck in leader dialogue screen (1.0.9.9)

Tolkien012

Chieftain
Not sure how to describe it better but I will try.

1. Every game I've played in the last 3 days (haven't played Civ6 since September) has frozen on me when one of the random leaders of another civilization was prompted to a dialogue. You know how they randomly have something to say...Thing is, the writing doesn't appear so I can't tell which dialogue prompts the bug every time.

2. I've also noticed it gets stuck in the dialogue screen of Making a Deal with another civilization. The game cannot get past that either. I see the animations for whatever leader but I can't "escape" it.

Using GeForce RTX2060

I attached a Save file, my most recent game.

Please, please help!

I want to play! Thank you!

Attachments

• AutoSave_0132.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
I discovered a way accidentally by testing stuff out. So I am not playing with the last expansion Gathering Storm. I suspect that's the core issue. If you play only with Rise and Fall, you're gonna be fine. I was able to complete games without getting stuck in the leader dialogue screen. I have 0 trust in the devs that they actually listen to these bug reports and resolve them in a timely manner. These prevent actual gameplay. So I took matters into my own hands. Customer Service wanted me to give them a video of that happening when I already gave them a saved file that they could have used to research the problem. So I was like, yeah, I'm not gonna go down the rabbit hole if you don't know how to game test.

So pick Rise and Fall and your game should not freeze in the leader dialogue screen. GL! Let me know if it works.

I can't test your save, because I don't have NFP, but try setting Game Options: Graphics: Advanced Options: Animated Leaders to Static. Or more simply, set both Performance Impact and Memory Impact to Minimum.

Will do! Many thanks, Qwan! I Will let you know how it goes after trying your suggestion.

Top Bottom