1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Game of the Month #9 is Here! (October 2001)

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Game of the Month' started by Thunderfall, Oct 1, 2001.

1. Matrix

Matrix CFC Dinosaur Retired Moderator

Very very very bad boy!! :spank:

However, considering this was one of the best posts I've ever read, I grant you dispensation. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. LeSphinx

LeSphinx Bachogwa

About Girlfriend!

For me, I play civ II and will play civ III around 10h pm when she starts to sleep.
    I can not concentrate when she is around.
    I play also when she is traveling for her job...
    Good luck , when Civ III will be release, on Week 45, she will be in Germany for all the Week...
    I think I going to play all the night all the days...
    It's going to be hard to work in the morning but...

LeSphinx

3. october

october Remover Of Mattress Tags

I am married, and I guess I am fortunate. You are correct; women have something programmed in their heads that tells them computers are evil. My wife says she hates computers, yet uses them every day. She especially hates my games. She lets me play all the time, with the understanding that I have to do something for her right away if she asks. And if anything goes wrong, anything at all, she manages to find a way to tie it in with my computer game playing, no matter how unrelated they are.

The guy that introduced me to Civ2 is even older than I; married with 3 kids, and he still gets to play, but his wife is the same way.

Is there a poll anywhere that shows how many females play Civ3?

I play Starcraft a lot online and only encountered a female once. Maybe it was a dude pretending to be a girl.

4. Matrix

Matrix CFC Dinosaur Retired Moderator

There was an old poll once (from 11-08-2000 till 12-03-2000) asking your gender. 93% male, 7% female. 571 votes. ;)

5. Jonathan

Jonathan Chieftain

Hello Mr Bond,

Sounds like you have must have built a lot of girlfriends. Do you find you get a lot of research, income, and production from them -- or a lot of corruption, waste, and pollution?

I suppose it depends on your type of government... I ask only as a matter of scientific interest...

My wife basically resents the amount of time I spend on the computer. But it's not so bad if I do it in the evening when she's watching television, or in the early morning when she's asleep (she's younger than me and sleeps later).

6. Kev

Kev Hired Goon

Loved the post Mr. Bond. Nice to see you back. Come join the succession game if you can!!

My wife has always been pretty cool with my computer gaming. With Civ II, Baldur's Gate, et. al. I can zone out for quite a while, and she's never really flipped out. Just those "I told you so" looks as I try to get up in the morning and get to work.

NOW, we have a baby. I actually volunteer when the baby wakes up in the middle of the night and needs to be fed. I've rigged up a system whereby the baby lays out in the chair next to me and I feed her her bottle with my left hand and play Civ with my right.

Oh, what we men will do just to play a game.

7. Leowind

Leowind Chieftain

:rotfl: mr. bond, I bet that was a wierd argument :lol:

My wife doesn't understand enough about Civ to have gotten that (NOT that I would ever be stupid enough to do something so dangerous and then let my wife see it ;) ). Yeah, she "lets" me play Civ most nights we're not busy, but I have to be in bed by 10, which is probably a good thing, or it would be...well, you all know how THAT goes. :) If she wasn't such a TV addict I'd probably never get to play :lol:

To all you married folk with non-Civ playing spouses, play on, my friends, play on, in the dead of night, in the early hours of the morning, when "shopping" online, when "checking something on the computer," however and whenever you can find/steal/hide the time, play on!!:crazyeyes

8. Leowind

Leowind Chieftain

Kev, you da man!! How postiviely ingenious :lol: You're right, what we won't do to get our games in.

BTW, welcome back to the forums, mr. bond. We've missed you. And trust us, we won't do anything to feed your addiction to these boards or to Civ or in anyway jepordize your graduate career:satan:

9. Chofritz

Chofritz Former Mr. Reloader

I'm only 15 years old, so I don't have any of these problems, yet... :goodjob:

10. goodbye_mr_bond

goodbye_mr_bond Ancient

Gee guys, you're making me bashful. I was expecting more of a "Oh, you've been gone?" reaction... but yeah thanks. I missed ya too! :blush:

I'm going to hold off on any more games, Kev, thanks for asking. Wouldn't you know it I played this GOTM all night last night, causing me to grovel for an extension at the feet of my professor this morning. And I don't even think I'll place in the top ten. :mad: (In the GOTM) There are only 10 students in my program, so I"m guaranteed it there!)

Ah yes, Jonathan. But what I wouldn't give for a little wasted corruption from a leather-clad Despotette right now...:cool:

11. october

october Remover Of Mattress Tags

Kev,

I have used the exact same system! It's awesome but it doesn't work too well with two handed games such as Rainbow Six Rogue Spear or Starcraft. Age of Empires II is a marginal success with that method, but I bet not if in a heated battle. Alpha Centauri works well.

Matrix,

I will not be turning in GOTM 9. Sorry for all my hassling questions, but now I just don't have time remaining in the month to finish it. It's going marginally well anyway. Stalemated war. It's 1941 and my only hope would have been to play it out until 2020 and hope all my wonders gave me significant points. Besides, I think I might try a Star Trek modpack. Recommend any good ones?