[Game Open] [BtS] Archipelago/Standard/Normal [Need 4-6 players]

Actually I don't know much about the early game, as I was adrift from the main continent, and somewhat backward.

korea.jpg

I also forgot how it started, just gone back to post #1 to remind myself there were 5 starters.

I assume there were 3 on the main continent: Eclipse, NightHawk, and Mitiu Ioan
with Scienidez and myself on other islands.

I guess Ioan killed off one other tribe - not sure if Eclipse or NightHawk.

Then Scienidez allied with Hercules' predecessor to attack Ioan, and jointly managed to hold him - I think this was because Scienidez was early to galleons and could dominate the coast.

Basically, with the other 3 tribes fighting to stay in it, my economy and research eventually caught up and then took off, as I had very few cities to defend. By the time I had rifles and could join in to finish Ioan off ( and at the same time brought myself up to the same number of cities as everyone else ) rifles were massively ahead of everyone else.

To be honest, in the early part of the game, I thought I was just there to click end of turn, so was not paying huge amount of attention.

If we are talking about a northern ice bound island, I think that was all barbarian camps.

Never played in any previous game where I hold so many tiny one city islands....

I believe something happened to Scienidez's Civ, possibly defeated and simultaneously this is when I first discovered my eye disorder and gave up many of my games, in this game Scienidez took over my civ Carthage if I remember correctly, from there I was unable to follow the story :(

As you can see from my Avatar I'd probably see better if I could get that ship out of MY eye, haha

wow, Korean success story is trully remarkable, almost like real life South Korean story (if you build Graceland rename the host city K-pop please :) ). Your eventual victory will be tribute to your remarkable perseverance and consistency, you 're the only active player who's been here from the start 3 years ago!

My curiosity was sparked....

Scienidez started the game as the Dutch, (on the main continent) but was wiped out very early by Ioan.

Eclipse was playing Carthage - the tribe that Tigranes is now playing, so I guess Eclipse must have left at some point, and Scienidez took over.
This might explain (the motivation for) his remarkable achievement in covering the sea space between Carthage and Ioan to help resist his further expansion.

Nighthawk was playing the Greeks - Hercules now has them - and I guess he must have been under pressure early on if Ioan was being so expansionist.

wow, Korean success story is trully remarkable, almost like real life South Korean story (if you build Graceland rename the host city K-pop please :) ). Your eventual victory will be tribute to your remarkable perseverance and consistency, you 're the only active player who's been here from the start 3 years ago!

K-Pop is a bit bland - how about Bubble Pop ?

Link to video.

Carthage is Red, and I hear HyunA is also Red ?

I'm kind of used to call Carthage orange...

It's a shame Dutch been wiped off so early -- their UU was perfect and the most suited for a game like this.

Re: K-pop: You would be surprised but Korean government invested a lot of money and strategy into this phenomenon back in late 80s. So what we see now is a result of a calculated government action.

We are doomed! Zoot has Tanks! :spear:

Scienidez started the game as the Dutch, (on the main continent) but was wiped out very early by Ioan.
{...}

This was actually quite easy - one of my scouting warrior spot the empty Dutch capital and the other one ( which was nearby ) joined to wipe out the only hurried-defender.

But from this game I learned two things :

1. Never alow same player which was previously eliminated to rejoin - because the advantage provided by "existing knowledge" and the expected rage against his/her conqueror is just too big;
2. ( for me personally ) Never again join to a game where bathsheba666 is participating : this was the second game in which he just turned against me against usual gameplay-logic. :rolleyes: I would rather prefer to have an empty slot/aggressive AI instead of a default human-enemy ... ;)

OK.

1)
If true, I am in trouble in Octafish, where I eliminated Ricketyclik early on ( although he had no real territory or possibilities with his start - so possibly a kindness), and then suggested he rejoin later to take over the 2nd of the two considerably leading tribes ... I am now way behind him, although thankfully separated by a large continent in one direction, and a not insubstantial body of water the other.

2)
From my perspective, there was some good logic to my move in this game.
(There was also good logic in the other game, but it is too early to explain it publicly)
I had no expansion room, just a bunch of small islands, and was locked out of the main and only continent. I needed lebensraum, and you had established yourself as the global aggressor with your early wars. So I could join in as a liberator and punisher of aggression.
Had I not done this, I would have to rely on the three other tribes cancelling each other out, and I would be left with little productive capacity to intelligently anticipate any kind of space race victory.

{...}I needed lebensraum, and you had established yourself as the global aggressor with your early wars. {...}

Uhhh - me ??

The capital of Dutch - my only real "early conquest" was occupied from me and razed shortly after by Carthaginans and after this I was constantly under attack from 2 other civs from which one has bigger score than me and an obsession to attack me because I wipe him earlier so fast ... so I see no real logic in not being my ally ( you was closer to my enemy with your land ). :drool:

Anyway in that moment you was too far away in score - mainly due to early mentioned obsession. :crazyeye:

Ah well... if you weren't, then I was misled by entries in the thread.

Or possibly, I wasn't paying enough attention.. I recall the early game as being more click turn with no particular hope. Can't remember when I realised things were picking up...

I am sorry, I think there has been some misunderstanding -- I got 1991 file but should have got the 1992 one instead!

I haven't got the 1992 one yet.

That's correct.

I sent you the 1991 turn.

You play it, and this generates the 1992 turn for Tigranes.

Looking at pbemtracker, you have sent Tigranes a 1991 turn twice, once before, and once after the weekend

It looks like you played again after I sent you 1991, and so you should have a 1992 turn for Tigranes in your folder somewhere.

Tigranes needs to send 1992 on to me, and then I play it, before you get to see 1992.

That's correct.

I sent you the 1991 turn.

You play it, and this generates the 1992 turn for Tigranes.

Looking at pbemtracker, you have sent Tigranes a 1991 turn twice, once before, and once after the weekend

It looks like you played again after I sent you 1991, and so you should have a 1992 turn for Tigranes in your folder somewhere.

Tigranes needs to send 1992 on to me, and then I play it, before you get to see 1992.

Actually that's not true. I do not generate the next year turn. The 1991 turn I sent to Tigranes originally was generated after I received and played my 1991 turn.

Well, my apologies.

Looking at that page gives one story, but covers up the truth.
The truth is that the play order in pbemtracker is not correct.

Not sure when or how long ago it went wrong but it was in as
1) Tigranes
2) Zoot
3) Hercules

and I now corrected it to
1) Zoot
2) Hercules
3) Tigranes

so that explains what Hercules was seeing.

Re-examining this page after I corrected the order makes more sense, but I still can't work out what has gone wrong this time round, or where we are.

Suggestions ?

The only idea I can come up with is that Hercules first played the 1991 turn and sent it on Friday 22nd May, at 8.09am.

Then, for some reason, it got resent on Monday May 25th at 5:48 pm.

Because it was so long after the first send, Tigranes assumed another round should have been played since Friday so it was supposed to be 1992.

(But that would only make sense if he remembered playing the previous 1991 save - which he might have done, but it was not sent to me - I received no 1992 so far)

Still not sure where that leaves us...

I just replayed it and we should be back on track! Lost Pentagon by 2 turns :(

I am not even sure how my predecessor was fighting Incas -- I inherited no army to speak of :dunno:

By the way, why my Carthage is listed as Dutch on tracker? :)

Top Bottom