Gameflood Modcontest - we would appreciate your vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it sounds like White Elk was recommending professionals to hire Kael full time. It'd be a good catch, but I think he's happy as is.

True :lol: I might be a bit tired so maybe shouldn't write anything in my condition. Well can't talk for Kael but if some developers would like to consider me I'm all for it:D But I doubt they will:crazyeye:

I voted, however unnecessary it was.
I'm impressed that FFHII has the second most votes so far.

Was just thinking, since a new edition is due on the 13th, can you make the download link to gameflood not the one used it the past? Might be easier, I really don't wanna download it and then realize that I didn't get it from gameflood and in doing so not contributed to the score :D

I think the idea is in the works.

I voted, however unnecessary it was.
I'm impressed that FFHII has the second most votes so far.

Its not unneccessary, but in fact, we have the most votes. The other mods with a higher score have downloads from the past, like 300 and 500 downloads, which gives them a huge score.... so with us uploading the absolute brilliant (;)) version 0.23 to gameflood... hehe you know what :)

And White Elk, thanks for the kind words.
I think if at all, a producer should hire the complete team :)
Or Ploeperpengel, so he finally gets a job ;)

Well, I'm still studying, so perhaps others should be hired before me, yeah:lol:

But thanks for the plug. I blushing again:blush:

Well, I'm still studying, so perhaps others should be hired before me, yeah:lol:

But thanks for the plug. I blushing again:blush:

Hehe, I am studying too, would probably have to finish my Diploma in Chemistry first, before I think about going a different route, especially as i am so close to it :)
And you know, after that, getting a Doctor Title is seductive too :)

But with you guys I would go anywhere! ;)

Voted and commented. I stole the counterstrike/half-life ffh/civ4 comparison I read somewhere here on the forums for my comment.

Nikis-Knight said:
Actually, it sounds like White Elk was recommending professionals to hire Kael full time. It'd be a good catch, but I think he's happy as is.
Thats correct Nikis-Knight. And not only Kael but yourself and the other members of the team. But I didn't think about that aspect of being "happy as is" until the next day. You guys have done a great job. And what better way to break into an industry than to have something like FfH in your portfolio. Goes beyond gaming as this project demonstrates a few things about your characters. As in creativity, motivation, dedication etc

Thats correct Nikis-Knight. And not only Kael but yourself and the other members of the team. But I didn't think about that aspect of being "happy as is" until the next day. You guys have done a great job. And what better way to break into an industry than to have something like FfH in your portfolio. Goes beyond gaming as this project demonstrates a few things about your characters. As in creativity, motivation, dedication etc

I would love to see some of the team members go into professional game design, they definitly have the talent.

Personally Im to far along to be changing careers at this point. Im better at what I do for a living than I am at game design, and although I do love game design I love what I do for a living too (and it pays better). So I will forever work to work and design as a hobby.

Speaking of my professional life I was interviewed for a book that was released a few months ago. This doesn't have anything to do with modding or anything, just came about because of some things I was working on professionally. Those that can't get enough Kael can check it out at: Service Excellence @ Novell. I wouldn't recommend it unless you manage a services organization or you're stalking me, but if you fit into either of those categories I think you will enjoy it.

didnt find you Garret :)
give us a link ;)

And we are stagnant, only one more vote in one day :(

I hope friday will change things a bit ;)

I may never have looked more forward to a friday than I do this one!!
(its at least in my top twenty I'm sure)

What industry within the service industry do you work in Kael? I've managed companies (low to mid level) in a few different service industries (food service, retail, security, construction). I'm fascinated by the logistics that make businesses work. Making improvements to manpower and material usage along with increasing efficiency in product/service throughput is why I think I've been placed in a managerial role so often. But I'm thinking its time to get out of the blue collared laboring gypsy lifestyle I've been living and pick an outfit for which I can pursue my passion of increasing workplace efficiency. Does that book cover any aspect of that? And have you any experience with companies which specialize in workplace efficiency? (sort of like a production floor version of a comptroller)

I may never have looked more forward to a friday than I do this one!!
(its at least in my top twenty I'm sure)

What industry within the service industry do you work in Kael? I've managed companies (low to mid level) in a few different service industries (food service, retail, security, construction). I'm fascinated by the logistics that make businesses work. Making improvements to manpower and material usage along with increasing efficiency in product/service throughput is why I think I've been placed in a managerial role so often. But I'm thinking its time to get out of the blue collared laboring gypsy lifestyle I've been living and pick an outfit for which I can pursue my passion of increasing workplace efficiency. Does that book cover any aspect of that? And have you any experience with companies which specialize in workplace efficiency? (sort of like a production floor version of a comptroller)

Im a computer support guy. I specialize in directories and I work with large companies (banks, insurance companies, the government).

The book is about customer service, the non-technical aspects of building an effective (and profitable) support organization. It goes through the four fears (mistakes, pain, failure, rejection), identifying and dealing with the four customer conditions (irate, insistent, indesisive, comfortable), the self talk cycle, etc.

A lot of these things are already understood (even if they dont put names to them) by good customer service people. What the book tries to do is to wrap a common language around these concepts so companies can begin talking about them to help provide a consistent higher level of customer service.

Much needed. At least my experience with german companies is that the only focus seems to be moneymaking/reducing costs. Quality of service has been going down since years. Mostly taken over by external callcenters which employ students like me who don't really know anything about the products they are supposed to support since they aren't even part of the company which produces them and don't have any background related to the production of the products they support.

At least my experience with german companies is that the only focus seems to be moneymaking/reducing costs. Quality of service has been going down since years.

Unfortunatly thats not only true for german companies but worldwide.

Youp.

guys we are falling behind :) !!!
give us your vote :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom